**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Aq points

Okay. I'm not newb and I'm in an alliance that runs map5 x 3 but we only completed it in two bgs the first day. The difficulty rises as the week goes on. I asked the leader so if we're not completing them why not drop to map4 and his response was points are all that matters. In my eyes completion and getting rewards is all that matters. Please any info

Comments

• DOEDOE504DOEDOE504 Posts: 27
    Your honest opinion tell me I'm not wrong. Completion and the extra rewards are what count
    We completed one bg map 5 lost the other map5 and completed map4 in bg3. It said AQ won. So am I just tripping or is it for the better
  • FYI, beating the Boss results in a WIN for that group (even if not 100%), meaning the Prestige goes up next day from that group. And you also get the T4CFrag crystal just by beating boss.
    Exploring fully 100% earns the additional reward of getting the Map Crystal.

Not beating the boss (LOSS) results in a decrease from that group towards next day Prestige. Then alll 3 groups +/- from Win/Loss are combined to determine alliance-wide increase/decrease in Prestige (and thus difficulty rating of opponents, as well as possible Points) for the next day.
  • ...also (FYI), because a LOSS in a higher map results in more of a Prestige drop than does a lower map. So I could see an alliance's point of running Map-5 in an extra group even if won't win it in order to get higher points (so long as you can get close to finishing) and at the same time be a little “Prestige Throddling” as opposed to say winning a map-3 in that final group (which would make things harder later in week, without really much benefit of rewards since map-3 rewards less stuff).
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    DOEDOE504 said:

Your honest opinion tell me I'm not wrong. Completion and the extra rewards are what count

In general, I would prefer to complete Map X 100% than fail Map X+1, but the details do matter. Every 100% completion awards a map crystal which you're losing if you're not 100% completing a higher map. But points count towards the weekly milestone rewards. I would say as a general rule of thumb that if you can complete Map 4 100% but can't complete Map 5 at all, you should do Map 4. If you can complete Map 5 every day and you clear it 100% most of the time, but fail some of the time, I would switch to Map 5. If you're in the middle, I would do Map 5 on day 1 and Map 4 the rest of the week until you get strong enough to complete Map 5 100% practically every time on day 1, then slowly move upward.
    DNA300 that was what I said. We lost a 900k rated guy because the prestige went down daily but we're about to hit 50mil milestone. Abd now on the damn near final day I guess the leader realized and dropped it map4 x 3. IDK man. Just trying to get some insight and not look like a fool when I finally do speak upon it. Thank y'all fellas. Goodluck
    DNA3000 said:

DOEDOE504 said:

In general, I would prefer to complete Map X 100% than fail Map X+1, but the details do matter. Every 100% completion awards a map crystal which you're losing if you're not 100% completing a higher map. But points count towards the weekly milestone rewards. I would say as a general rule of thumb that if you can complete Map 4 100% but can't complete Map 5 at all, you should do Map 4. If you can complete Map 5 every day and you clear it 100% most of the time, but fail some of the time, I would switch to Map 5. If you're in the middle, I would do Map 5 on day 1 and Map 4 the rest of the week until you get strong enough to complete Map 5 100% practically every time on day 1, then slowly move upward.</blockquote
    Thankyou bro. That's what I've been stressing. Thankyou everyone that's given information