**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam make a another difficulty before variant and after classic

Kabam please make another difficulty harder than classic but easier than variant as the classic rewards suck. Do you guys think you could do that?

Comments

• EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    That's the point... it's meant to be super hard to challenge the experienced Summoners who were there during the original release, to bring nostalgia to them, and let the people who never had a chance to try it have a go. This was not intended for intermediate players.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    edited August 2019

Lormif said:

Kabam please make another difficulty harder than classic but easier than variant as the classic rewards suck. Do you guys think you could do that?

variant is perm end game content, you can do it when you are ready.
    I get that but then why have a classic mode then? Lol Consistently is nice.
    They made the classic modes at the beginning few months of the game, hence the name CLASSIC...
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Bc it's an exact re-release of the original quest so that those that started afterward or those that never finish it have an opportunity to should they want to...
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    edited August 2019

Lormif said:

To show people what the quest was like back when it was released
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    If you can't do Variant difficulty that likely means you have plenty of Story mode left. Between Story, AQ/AW, and the monthly events you should have plenty to keep you busy while you build up the roster/skill to tackle Variant.
  • RulllorRulllor Posts: 155
    Should increase rewards or decrease energy in classic. Right now no point in wasting energy
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★

Lormif said:

A decent way to burn energy and earn some units when all other content is done and have nothing else to use energy on...

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

That's the point... it's meant to be super hard to challenge the experienced Summoners who were there during the original release, to bring nostalgia to them, and let the people who never had a chance to try it have a go. This was not intended for intermediate players.

"Intermediate players", lol classic can be done by a starter. All these back issues are dead content for the majority of players. Don't be such a snob.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Idk about y’all but I’ve done classic for the t1a
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Ahitlaw said:

Idk about y’all but I’ve done classic for the t1a

Same but for the Stony mastery cores. Easy place to dump energy at the end of the month
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    A harder version would just be another herioc or master EQ but it would be permanent content. It would make no sense to do that.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Rulllor said:

Should increase rewards or decrease energy in classic. Right now no point in wasting energy

Its a re-release. They dont need to change a thing.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    It’s more for nostalgia for old players, there isn’t any need to complete the classic at all, it’s just there.

The only thing that interests anyone is the Varient mode.
  • RulllorRulllor Posts: 155

Rulllor said:

Why? New players participate more with this change. Otherwise waste of codes and space just to have and maintain when no one plays
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Rulllor said:

Rulllor said:

Why? New players participate more with this change. Otherwise waste of codes and space just to have and maintain when no one plays
    You can still play it. It will be harder if you don't have the champions or skill, for sure.
    Just like you don't have an easier version of Realm of legends or labyrinth of legends, you aren't supposed to get an easier versionof Variant quest. Classic is NOT considered an easier version of it
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I mean, realistically they do have an in-between.. It's the monthly uncollected EQ. Variant is permanent content so it's not like you have to worry about missing out on any rewards. It's something to work towards.

In the meantime there's monthly EQ's, and story mode. I'd be willing to bet if you're not quite at variant level, you've still got some story mode to hack out. The back issues are for endgame players who were around when the content was first released. Kabam has stated this before..
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    To be honest, I've said in the past that I can understand where the argument is coming from. I'm not saying I'm pulling for an in-between myself, but I get how people can feel somewhat left out. You have two levels. One extremely easy, and one End-Game.
    Having said that, the first is for nostalgic purposes, and for those that hadn't done it the first time. The second is for a higher level of challenge. Essentially, if they ran a middle ground, some would be running the EQ twice, on top of doing it the first time. There have been other ideas thrown around before suggesting a rerun of Uncollected Difficulties that people missed before hitting the mark that I wouldn't be opposed to. Along those lines, if they reran the Back Issues for those who hadn't done them the first time, I could see validity in that. In general, it's not really meant to target anyone but higher-end Players.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Need to wait until back issues start reaching quests which had multiple variations and then I would expect they would put at least a couple of those in (classic / master, classic / UC). *waits for his revenge on UC ice Phoenix in back issues X*

Would be interesting to see some of the old UC and compare to today and see if they are notably harder as people suggest (some months feels like it but not all)

Need to wait until back issues start reaching quests which had multiple variations and then I would expect they would put at least a couple of those in (classic / master, classic / UC). *waits for his revenge on UC ice Phoenix in back issues X*

Would be interesting to see some of the old UC and compare to today and see if they are notably harder as people suggest (some months feels like it but not all)

Ice Phoenix pre or post "adjustment"?
    Rulllor said:

Rulllor said:

Because not every piece of content is meant to be playable by every level of player. Its classic tiered content. Some you can do, some you cant. Its not going anywhere, come back to it later. I havent 100% LoL yet and I've been playing right after release. I'll wait until 7*'s come out so its easier.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    How about no?
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    What would be the harm in adding a master or uncollected difficulty? I realize its perm content. Why would it be bad having a mid level on some of the variants? For ppl saying that it would be the same as monthly EQ i dont see the problem. Everyone can only get the rewards once. Having a mid level for mid tier players would give them something to do when they are bored or want something different. For ppl saying they have story mode they can do so does everyone in the game. Most ppl doing he variants having fully explored everything up to and including 6.2. Story is also perm content. It also has a range of difficulty and gets more difficult the farther u get. A mid-level wouldn't take anything from anyone and it would give a large portion of the player base something else to spend units and revives on.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    The problem with that is they're EQs that have run before. The lower one is just for memory purposes. I'm unaware if the Rewards are the same as they were or not, but I suspect there were more originally. If that's the case, they would just rerun the EQ. The problem with that is the Meta has changed, so the Rewards wouldn't hold as much weight. To add to that, some have already run it once. Plus the fact that the actual new content is for End-Game.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Permanent content that most of the player base can clear in a day doesn't make sense. The classic is obviously different. If the classic version didn't exist people wouldn't keep asking for this. People feel like the classic is there for new players and the variant for end game, and there is nothing for the mid tier. But the classic isn't there to help advance new players, and the variant is there for everyone when they get to that point in the game.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Great point @LeNoirFaineant . Classic isnt there to help new players but it does. Getting a phc or a 3* champ can help alot of newer players. It may not have been their intention but in reality it does help new players. So they have perm content that helps endgame and new players only. Thats why ppl feel like there should be a middle ground. Im doing variant now. Its not as difficult as i imagined it would be to make an initial clear. I do know i would have liked having a mid levêl to do so it didnt feel like 'mid-tier players were being left out.