**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fix backdraft intercepts already

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    KerayZ said:

Sorry DTMelodicMetal but as shown in your own video when you attacked punisher's block you had to stop and set up a parry and restart your backdrafting.

Broken.

6 months ago you wouldn't have done that. You would have hit his block and continued to backdraft.

All or nothing then right? No such thing as something in the middle lol. I've previously commented how mixing up combo inputs fools the AI into taking bait more often. Adjust your strategies and you won't waste time arguing about something you have no control over.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★

KerayZ said:

Sorry DTMelodicMetal but as shown in your own video when you attacked punisher's block you had to stop and set up a parry and restart your backdrafting.

Broken.

6 months ago you wouldn't have done that. You would have hit his block and continued to backdraft.

All or nothing then right? No such thing as something in the middle lol. I've previously commented how mixing up combo inputs fools the AI into taking bait more often. Adjust your strategies and you won't waste time arguing about something you have no control over.
    This works when you are ACTUALLY hitting them, and 4 hits and dashing back and in without mixing 3 hit combos also MOSTLY works when ACTUALLY hitting them, the problem is when hitting into the opponent's block.
  • Darklord60Darklord60 Posts: 31
    The main problem isn't with the AI it's more an attacker thing,, where if you finish a five hit combo then try backing away your attacker will either attempt a sixth combo hit or get tagged by the defender with a combo of their own,,, this makes higher end content harder to leaning on impossible without huge potion revive supply's,,, result,,, bigger lunches at kabam 😂
  • MaqsoodMaqsood Posts: 65
    edited August 2019
    Magik is hugely nerfed because of this issue because you can't reliably keep the opponents in the corner like before. Same is with Medusa and ultrons as mentioned by others in previous posts.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

Backdraft intercepting isn't as easy to maintain as it was before. I wouldn't say it's broken, Doctor Voodoo still owns the technique:

https://youtu.be/furzz0NCf_M

That isn't what the problem is, try hitting into their block and THEN try to backdraft intercept, and you will see most of the time the AI will tag you first now, when before, you could reliably backdraft intercept them.

That is what is broken.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    Madcat said:

They have reduced the time that the AI is held in block, unable to respond after being hit while blocking. Players are still held in block for a certain amount of time, unable to respond other than to drop block. This has led to two "bugs":

1) The AI is able to react instantly after a PC hits their block, removing our ability to backdraft intercept without risking a combo to the face.

THEN...

2) The other bug... the AI is able to dodge back mid combo while a PC is hitting into their block OR launch a special attack mid combo, like we are seeing.

Bug #2 is proof that the held in block time has been reduced by Kabam for only the AI, which is the cause of both bugs. Change the AI response time back.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos

The more I think about it... the more the recent bugs line up. The two I already mentioned and...

Sentinel SP1 response time that prevented players from punishing after dodging it.

The ability of NC to drop and reblock instantly, stopping him from switching modes mid combo (but players are prevented from doing this).

Why Domino was able to "break" blocks as players are held from taking action after taking a blocked hit (but NPCs are not).

NPCs doing the block stutter dance...

All point to PCs being held after taking a block, this being reduced or removed for NPCs, and/or response times in general being reduced on NPCs.
  • Starlord27Starlord27 Posts: 50
    The number of messages in this thread goes up and down so Kabam are definitely looking at this thread in some capacity.

Also...watch and learn Kabam

https://youtu.be/x5W2QOn17e8
  • wallopwallop Posts: 16
    edited August 2019
    I think it's back or if it's just me I'll try using it with magik
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,043 ★★★★★
    wallop said:

I think it's back or if it's just me I'll try using it with magik

It just you it do not work with medium only light
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★

I is more than just backdrafting... The AI response seems to be on steroids. I know that several updates back they increased the “Block Stun” threshold (if blocking, there is a delay before you can drop the block and evade or reapply - this was to try and prevent tapping block to get a parry), but this seem to only be for the player. The AI seems to ignore any time to respond after successfully blocking an attack.

Also, SP3 cutscenes are coming back to the fight screen with the AI a
    Ready dashing and attacking prior to the screen opening. The whole AI reaction seems to be ramped up.
    I know AIs have a huge advantage already because they don’t have any eye/hand delay, but it seems a little unfair.

Yep - after I do an sp3 I start blocking before it's over. It's BS.

And yes backdrafting still doesn't work most times.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I don't think this is a bug but was something to make the AI smarter as the game progress, its in one of the patch notes about AI interaction. so to me this was intentional we just have to adjust our game play, what sux is that kabam has ignore this post instead of coming and just explaining what's going on.
  • KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★

I don't think this is a bug but was something to make the AI smarter as the game progress, its in one of the patch notes about AI interaction. so to me this was intentional we just have to adjust our game play, what sux is that kabam has ignore this post instead of coming and just explaining what's going on.

sounds like the whole "learn and adapt" approach of 12.0?
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Well I will have a bad time when it comes to variant 1 and the ultron bosses -_-
  • Paul_DCPaul_DC Posts: 60
    Every time after Hyperion sp3 I get punch in my face
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    edited August 2019
    Why is Kabam still ignoring this thread and could "fix" She Hulk within few days? The AI is acting weird: breaking blocks, anticipating your moves with a special, punishing your SP3 with a combo...it's like they turned on a cheat mode. The AI has always priority!
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    Kabam, if you look at Markg25's video in the thread that was closed, you can see that he repeatedly hits into block twice and backs out safely. This has been changed. Is it intentional or a bug? Some communication would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Maybe its just that they dont have a solution for now and its a complicated fix since it would impact a lot of game play like it did when they broke it.
    But just a little:
    "Jo guys we are on it. Sorry for the 5 months but this fix is super complicated etc bla bla"

Cant be too hard imo.

Or its just that they havent decided yet if they want to fix it. I mean its not in a champion description that you can backdraft 🤔
  • MetaphorUraniumMetaphorUranium Posts: 83
    edited September 2019
    This particular problem is hugely sad to me. Magik was my first 5/65 sig 200. I used to use her everywhere, and this seriously impacts her worth. I know she is still very good, but this ability is how I was able to handle the old war map node 29 in tiers 3-5. I really would love to at least think about an RDT, given that she is not as valuable with this defect and I have better options now.
  • Incitatus666Incitatus666 Posts: 189
    KerayZ said:

Good morning *sips coffee* No word yet? Ok proceed community....

I wanna say thank you for your video about this. Magik is one of my 4 5* at R4 and I hope this gets solved soon. Keep up the good work!
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Here’s a video from August 2018:

https://youtu.be/QLnyJ1fs1CA

Now, here’s a video from May 2019:

https://youtu.be/Cb2_ytBK67A

After comparing these two videos I would not be surprised if differences in AI behavior with countering intercepts is due to changes aimed at Ghost instead of actual intercepting techniques.
  • KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    Which parts are you comparing @DTMelodicMetal? Watching both I just see one where it was safe to hit block and one where it wasn't. So you're saying the blocked hits being taken away is to counter ghost? I'm sure Kabam knows exactly why it was changed or taken away.

....I'm just wondering when the fix is coming. *checks watch* yep its September. we got so many comments on my backdraft video stating that people did NOT even know this was an issue. Folks were still trying to backdraft like they always could, for years, with no knowledge of any changes. Failing, dying, using items...for 6 months. Hey Kabam is that their fault you messed it all up and didn't inform them of it?

I could careless why they did it. We already proved they did. They already admitted it wasn't intentional. That's where we are now. What's being done about it? When is it being done?

here's where i show how backdrafts used to work and how they work now
    https://youtu.be/x5W2QOn17e8

here's where we talk about how this is a silent nerf to Magik
    https://youtu.be/P4RGED68B04

Check the comments....

This discussion has been closed.