**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Proxima Midnight Offensive AAR Bug - Kingpin Overpowers 200% Offensive Ability Accuracy Reduction

DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
Device and Version: iPhone XR

Date: 8-24-19

Device Operating System: iOS 12.4

Mobile Carrier: N/A

Cellular or WiFi: Both

Game Version Installed: 24.1

Game Mode: Alliance War, this bug occurs in all game modes

Champions Affected: Proxima Midnight

Active Boosts: 15% Attack Boos, Invulnerability Boost

Description of the Issue: Proxima Midnight inflicts 200% offensive ability accuracy reduction (AAR) while blocking and parrying attacks. This ability used to prevent certain champions' offensive abilities such as Kingpin and Agent Venom shrugging off stun after they've been parried. Proxima's 200% offensive AAR no longer prevents these kinds of offensive abilities. The video below shows Kingpin shrugging off stun after he's been parried by Proxima when the timer is at 2:55, 2:52, and 2:34:

Screenshot or Video:

https://youtu.be/6coacuHwd7E

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★
    Seems weird that it worked in the past, as you described. The shrug off ability from those champion's is a defensive ability, and therefore reducinf their offensive ability accuracy shouldn't interact with that ability
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Kingpin’s rage ability was previously stated to be offensive. Here’s video of Kingpin shrugging off stun from parry when Crossbones has 5+ fury. Take your pick, offensive or defensive either way Kingpin is bugged:

https://youtu.be/AiQGx7VS9NI
    It is a deffensive mechanic. But I can say that I have the same problems against him, where even Archangel with his bleed's isn't able to reduce the chance for him to shrug off. Is like if that ability was immune to ability accuracy modification

It is a deffensive mechanic. But I can say that I have the same problems against him, where even Archangel with his bleed's isn't able to reduce the chance for him to shrug off. Is like if that ability was immune to ability accuracy modification

Archangel isn’t a good analogy for this situation, neurotoxin reduces both offensive and defensive ability accuracy. Citing a post where a developer said Kingpin’s rage ability is defensive would support your comment.

Here’s a video from last December that shows Kingpin’s rage ability failing to shrug off stun every time he’s parried by Proxima. The Kingpin fight starts at 2:48:

https://youtu.be/mwKQK2XCZ8M

Archangel isn’t a good analogy for this situation, neurotoxin reduces both offensive and defensive ability accuracy.

https://youtu.be/mwKQK2XCZ8M
    I was actually reffering to his other ability with his bleed's, where the opponent shrug off abilities are reduced for each bleed debuff on them. Even with 3 and 4 bleed's where it added up to 75% and 100%, he was still able to shrugg them off

I was actually reffering to his other ability with his bleed's, where the opponent shrug off abilities are reduced for each bleed debuff on them. Even with 3 and 4 bleed's where it added up to 75% and 100%, he was still able to shrugg them off

For sure. Kingpin’s rage and AV’s tenacity are listed as passive abilities. With the increase of passive abilities the last 2 years, it makes sense updates are have an increased chance to have unintended interactions with existing game mechanics. To sum up this thread’s evidence for mods and devs:

- Kingpin shrugs off stun despite 200% offensive ability accuracy reduction. I’m not currently able to find developer commentary on Kingpin’s rage ability being offensive. This has been a mutual understanding among players for some time. Here’s a source to support this comment (https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/bmpu6a/anyone_with_a_list_of_things_proxima_midnights/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app)

- See the video posted above 30 minutes ago at 2:48 to see Proxima Midnight previously prevent Kingpin’s rage ability from shrugging off stun with 100% accuracy.

- At the change Kingpin’s rage ability is defensive, he also shrugs off stun when Crossbones has 5-6 fury (110-132% defensive ability accuracy reduction).

If we’re lucky we won’t get a response about passive abilities’ mechanics not being confined to the offensive/defensive abilities dichotomy.