**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

How do you feel about the “changes” to Sym Supreme announced?

ChuckRyanChuckRyan Posts: 127 ★★
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
With the “changes” announced for Sym Supreme (see bug forum for announcement) how do you feel?

Keep comments constructive, please. I’d really like to know community sentiment.

How do you feel about the “changes” to Sym Supreme announced? 124 votes

Happy
12%
GamerKyrkantTaiphoon_zeroDTMelodicMetalLiss_Bliss_BlaargoBruinsfan8510Charlie_SceneDarthPhalMathking13VynrialDead1MassapealDedcoolGooseman 15 votes
Undecided
15%
thetaman23DrZolaLeNoirFaineantNanoDroidOsfan8FR33_HUG5HzoriShadow_PhoneixMaldroit2Denzel116Geaux7NeotwismOGAvengerGonçaloIronBomberGinjabredMonstaTheSaithHehehdhdVeinDrain 19 votes
Unhappy
25%
RagamugginGunnerWorld EaterTendersquadNick_Caine_32SuperSam57OnmixRaymundo86BeardedStarlordJaycray81Diksh619JMORG1111FilmsauceGeo10megzeezee57juniornxLordRaymond3WooziepontusumbraAlexAvalonFjolnir 31 votes
Betrayed
39%
humzah217Spity68Riise81buffajrFeeney234SMRkaEmil_LimsonRyansapphRikuremaLvernon15BROSEFSTALINStingerbkChuckRyanAKTEKSpiderCoolsG0311DesertFox7Stellarcx23433Battle_Greninja 49 votes
Other, (please explain)
8%
SnakeEyes69M1k0rinspidey31415926RasiloverUrrymonsterZuko_ILCJustin2524Xyresic_LemonJohnHSDPXFistheGOAT 10 votes

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    There aren't any changes, really. If you'll read what was said, that's the intended outcome they had, and it's just not being changed.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Pretty indifferent personally. Only reason I took my sym to R2 was bc of that ridiculous champion fight. I find him excruciating to use personally unless you have at least 3 pts in MD and the opponent is very buff heavy. They keep beating the mystic class down more and more. I have 14 R5 and 4 R2 champs and only 1 ranked mystic. If they're gonna do shady stuff might as well keep doing it to mystics
  • RulllorRulllor Posts: 155
    Unhappy
    Whew, dodged a major bullet for me but sucks for everyone who love supreme .

But in the end, we are just players playing kabam game. Kabam is king of world and can do whatever they want. We just use their software for free so we should not complain
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★
    Although this does suck they aren't changing anything about him just his description
    There's not a lot of Champs with recurring Buffs? Um...
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Other, (please explain)
    Indifferent.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Other, (please explain)
    Probably leaning happy personally.. I can now use the 3-4 Mystic gem on Magic when I get her. Was undecided before.

Yeah um considering you still haven’t finished act 5 name a few places where you must have sym supreme to consistently nullify recurring buffs and get through the fight besides the champion boss in 6.2.
    Your statement was that there aren't a lot of Champs with recurring Buffs. Nothing about Act 6. Unless you think where you're at is all there is to the game, that's not correct.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    Other, (please explain)
    Its a very minor "nerf"
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    Other, (please explain)
    Kobster84 said:

Rasilover said:

Its a very minor "nerf"

Well not really the difference between a guaranteed stagger and 50% chance is massive
    He's never been able to apply a stagger with a 100% chance

Yeah um considering you still haven’t finished act 5 name a few places where you must have sym supreme to consistently nullify recurring buffs and get through the fight besides the champion boss in 6.2.
    Your statement was that there aren't a lot of Champs with recurring Buffs. Nothing about Act 6. Unless you think where you're at is all there is to the game, that's not correct.
    What I meant was there’s not a lot of fights in the game that require a hard counter for recurring buffs. He’s great for aw medusa or champion boss fights, a few mystic gates in 6.2 and the final boss fight in 6.2.6. The people that are upset with this are mostly the ones that already have him at r5. I just don’t understand how 100% chance to apply stagger on well timed blocks would make him too “powerful” when the ability only really counters recurring buffs.
    It wouldn't at all. It's an absolutely ridiculous statement at that. Only thing I can think of is they found some other interaction that happened when it was 100% that isn't directly related to just getting another stagger placed
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★

@Msyounus1288 stop it. Symbiote Supreme is still very useful. Many champs in the game have tons of buffs that can be nullified. You just keep hating on him for no reason. I personally used him tons in act 6 and 5 and he’s very useful in both.

Lol read what I wrote again
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★

What I meant was there’s not a lot of fights in the game that require a hard counter for recurring buffs. He’s great for aw medusa or champion boss fights, a few mystic gates in 6.2 and the final boss fight in 6.2.6. The people that are upset with this are mostly the ones that already have him at r5. I just don’t understand how 100% chance to apply stagger on well timed blocks would make him too “powerful” when the ability only really counters recurring buffs.
    It wouldn't at all. It's an absolutely ridiculous statement at that. Only thing I can think of is they found some other interaction that happened when it was 100% that isn't directly related to just getting another stagger placed
    Guessing it was the synergy with diablo where he gains 1% attack for each stagger placed on the opponent.

Guessing it was the synergy with diablo where he gains 1% attack for each stagger placed on the opponent.
    That's a good shout. I hate using sym so know little about his synergies
This discussion has been closed.