**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How do you feel about the “changes” to Sym Supreme announced?

Comments

• RulllorRulllor Posts: 155
    Unhappy
    Moderators pls step in. This thread getting ugly with your guys against the people.
    What people need to know is their place, this is kabam game, and kabam needs to do what's best for kabam.

Plus a text change is a much cheaper solution than code fix. This truth and common sense
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Happy
    Rulllor said:

Moderators pls step in. This thread getting ugly with your guys against the people.
    What people need to know is their place, this is kabam game, and kabam needs to do what's best for kabam.

Plus a text change is a much cheaper solution than code fix. This truth and common sense

“Your guys” I love when people agree with something Kabam does or gives them praise, we are automatically labeled shills or “their guys”.

If you take the time to read that thread in the bugs forum, you’d see a few of us actually giving Kabam the benefit of the doubt in a wording issue. Some of us even said we’d be ok with BY 100%.

And you can’t honestly tell me those who ranked him did so solely because of Null’s description.
  • RulllorRulllor Posts: 155
    Unhappy

Rulllor said:

“Your guys” I love when people agree with something Kabam does or gives them praise, we are automatically labeled shills or “their guys”.

If you take the time to read that thread in the bugs forum, you’d see a few of us actually giving Kabam the benefit of the doubt in a wording issue. Some of us even said we’d be ok with BY 100%.

And you can’t honestly tell me those who ranked him did so solely because of Null’s description.
    Nothing wrong with being kabam guys. They good Canadian company

No matter what kabam decision people will be mad. More people accept kabam change game anytime, better for all players
    edited August 2019
    Happy
    Rulllor said:

Rulllor said:

No matter what kabam decision people will be mad. More people accept kabam change game anytime, better for all players
    I’d rather be a “Kabam guy” than the guy who is insinuating the highlight

Honestly, you think that is appropriate? By yet we are the bad people for backing Kabam, or thinking this change is good?

Priorities......

If THAT’S the type of people Kabam guys are against....I’ll gladly stand against that and call myself a Kabam guy.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    Other, (please explain)
    Lainua said:

Is 5* SS still worth rank 5 with those changes?

He is next on my list but I’m not so sure now.

Definitely. He's literally the exact same even after the next patch
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Betrayed

What everyone is failing to see is he is actually getting better than he is currently in the game. Yes, it doesn’t match his current description, but if you watched the countless videos of Null’s staggers you can draw the conclusion that staggers were being placed about 30% of the time.

They could have just changed TO into BY and left it at that. But no they are increasing the chance and making it mirror his other phases.

So put down the pitchforks.

No because he was advertised as having a 100% chance but instead kabam decided they weren’t going to fix the bug
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    What are yall even fighting about this doesn't change Sym Supreme in any way whatsoever he is still amazing and although the it is a 50% chance to apply staggers it was like that ever since he came out so it really isn't changing anything about although what kabam did was shady this literally affects nothing about him
    Happy
    Kobster84 said:

What everyone is failing to see is he is actually getting better than he is currently in the game. Yes, it doesn’t match his current description, but if you watched the countless videos of Null’s staggers you can draw the conclusion that staggers were being placed about 30% of the time.

They could have just changed TO into BY and left it at that. But no they are increasing the chance and making it mirror his other phases.

So put down the pitchforks.

No because he was advertised as having a 100% chance but instead kabam decided they weren’t going to fix the bug
    You ever hear of a mistake? The description was a mistake. He still will work how he has, even better actually, after the update. Everyone is so clouded by their hatred for Kabam they don’t see anything other than red.
    Happy
    Rasilover said:

Lainua said:

Is 5* SS still worth rank 5 with those changes?

He is next on my list but I’m not so sure now.

Definitely. He's literally the exact same even after the next patch

I agree. He won’t be worse than he is now, half these people in this thread currently had no hand in raising the issue(s) with SS. Heck I’d wager money that half these people didn’t even know there was an issue till THIS poll was made. And I’d wager even further a majority either a) don’t have him or b) never use him. They are just joining the anti Kabam train like they always do. And I’d wager even still half of them are “mad and against it” because @GroundedWisdom is speaking in favor.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Other, (please explain)
    NOT
    A
    NERF
    edited August 2019
    Happy
    ChriissR said:

Rulllor said:

Rulllor said:

I’d rather be a “Kabam guy” than the guy who is insinuating the highlight

Honestly, you think that is appropriate? By yet we are the bad people for backing Kabam, or thinking this change is good?

Priorities......
    Imagine you knew about GroundedWisdom. He's the biggest troll and de-rails every forum topic. Biggest clown on these forums.

Stop trying to play super hero. Post wasn't directed at you.
    LOL. Just because it wasn’t directed at ME doesn’t mean I can’t speak out against your lewd comment. And don’t try to hide the comment as anything other than the vulgar insinuation you meant it to be. Disgusting when you have to resort to personal attacks like that. Just proves what they say....

Plus I don’t care if he is the biggest clown in the world, or the biggest forum troll of all time, your “chin” remark was pathetically uncalled for. Honestly man, to blatantly disrespect him like that....sorry but that speaks volumes about you. And because of that and your subsequent response to me for sticking up for him, I’m going to ignore you.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Undecided
    This is just part of the problems with SS. As kabam miike posted other issues are more complex and still being looked into. I am holding off judgement to see how long and if these other problems are corrected before i start complaining. This wording issue was just the easiest to identify as many ppl in the original thread stated. The problems with SS are far from resolved after this update.
  • Noob371Noob371 Posts: 26
    Unhappy
    I'm more annoyed with the fact of how long it took them to "fix" him than with the actual changes. Do you guys not have people testing these champs?
    Happy
    @tafre if you read the thread in the bugs forum, you will see a few posts by me. In them you will see me referring to the 100% and even giving video evidence towards this not being the case. You will also see some people discussing that it could be a wording issue.

I’m NOT saying that 50% was the intention from release. I’m fact I’m still of the mind that TO was correct and there was an issue with Null’s.

What I AM saying is this is NOT a nerf to how he currently is in the game.

There was a lot of removed posts discussing this very issue, and why we couldn’t get a response to Null’s right away. Along with the removed posts there were warnings given out, of which I was on the receiving end of one of those warnings and had a few of my posts removed.

I am still upset it took so long for 1 ability to be addressed. But this is also a case of “one of these is not like the other” so I am inclined to believe that 100% was never the case. Now if 50% or 30% was the original intent I can’t say. But what I can say is after playing with him, testing him, watching back fights of him 50% is actually better than what he has been getting.

Ultimate it doesn’t matter what Kabam does people will still spew vitriol and abuse towards them. I’m not saying some anger isn’t valid, but for people to personally attack someone because they offer a different perspective is gross.
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    Like how these discription errors keep allowing kabam to just not take accountability for messing up champs. Domino, Ghost Rider, now Symbiote Supreme.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Betrayed
    Well I think people are focusing to much on SS. It's more of a trend now. If Kabam doesn't want to change code they'll change the description. Heck they'll even change the description and then the code occasionally if they don't like the interactions. We have AA, Ghost Rider and now SS to show a little trend, probably more but those just come to mind. I'm not really upset about how SS is working now but they prove time and again we can't trust what's written in the description or on the forum's. Everything is subject to change. It shouldn't take months to figure something like this out either.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Undecided

Like how these discription errors keep allowing kabam to just not take accountability for messing up champs. Domino, Ghost Rider, now Symbiote Supreme.

What was messed up with GR?
  • JMORG1111JMORG1111 Posts: 158
    Unhappy
    It just took forever for them to address even the easiest issue with him. Some of you (not name calling here) just pulled him less than a month ago and feel the change is the correct move. My issue is some of us have waited a really long time and this "fix" could have been done months ago.
    Undecided
    @Liss_Bliss_ I'm curious about something. I only got Sym Supreme recently and was unaware of the bug thread or this issue until seeing this poll. I skimmed through the thread but obviously might have missed something. You have indicated that while they aren't going to make it 100% they are increasing it from 30% to 50%. It looks to me like they are saying it is already 50% and they are keeping him exactly the same way that he is, kind of like rewriting the Domino description to match her bug. I'm not fussed either way, but did they actually say that they are adjusting him in any way?
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★

@Liss_Bliss_ I'm curious about something. I only got Sym Supreme recently and was unaware of the bug thread or this issue until seeing this poll. I skimmed through the thread but obviously might have missed something. You have indicated that while they aren't going to make it 100% they are increasing it from 30% to 50%. It looks to me like they are saying it is already 50% and they are keeping him exactly the same way that he is, kind of like rewriting the Domino description to match her bug. I'm not fussed either way, but did they actually say that they are adjusting him in any way?

I dont believe they are adjusting anything I think it's just the description to match with his actual ability meaning that parries give you a 50 percent chance to place stagger instead of 100 percent although it was 50 percent to begin with but the description was wrong so they're changing it
    Undecided
    Zuro said:

I dont believe they are adjusting anything I think it's just the description to match with his actual ability meaning that parries give you a 50 percent chance to place stagger instead of 100 percent although it was 50 percent to begin with but the description was wrong so they're changing it
    That's how I read it. I haven't done any testing to see if it is actually 50%.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

It's 50%. That was the intended outcome all along. After discussing it, they decided to change the Description to reflect that, but they also discussed the possibility of increasing it to match what it says, and came to the conclusion it was too powerful.
    Undecided

It's 50%. That was the intended outcome all along. After discussing it, they decided to change the Description to reflect that, but they also discussed the possibility of increasing it to match what it says, and came to the conclusion it was too powerful.
    I'd like to see if it is actually 50% but either way, I'm kind of ambivalent on this issue. On the one hand, it is a nerf. Domino was confirmed to be bugged and they rewrote her description to match the bug. She was and still is amazing though. But it was still an annoying way to "fix" her. I have a hard time believing that they just wrote his description wrong. It feels like the domino situation where he wasn't functioning as intended but they decided he was fine and they don't want to fix him. In that sense it is a nerf, but if you liked him before, he isn't being actually changed. Not a big deal, but also get why people are annoyed.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

I'd like to see if it is actually 50% but either way, I'm kind of ambivalent on this issue. On the one hand, it is a nerf. Domino was confirmed to be bugged and they rewrote her description to match the bug. She was and still is amazing though. But it was still an annoying way to "fix" her. I have a hard time believing that they just wrote his description wrong. It feels like the domino situation where he wasn't functioning as intended but they decided he was fine and they don't want to fix him. In that sense it is a nerf, but if you liked him before, he isn't being actually changed. Not a big deal, but also get why people are annoyed.
    Still, people are reacting as if they just change things as they feel, when nothing is changing at all. They don't just alter Champs to suit their mood. There is careful consideration with any changes.
This discussion has been closed.