**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How do you feel about the “changes” to Sym Supreme announced?

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Undecided

@Liss_Bliss_ I'm curious about something. I only got Sym Supreme recently and was unaware of the bug thread or this issue until seeing this poll. I skimmed through the thread but obviously might have missed something. You have indicated that while they aren't going to make it 100% they are increasing it from 30% to 50%. It looks to me like they are saying it is already 50% and they are keeping him exactly the same way that he is, kind of like rewriting the Domino description to match her bug. I'm not fussed either way, but did they actually say that they are adjusting him in any way?

It's 50%. That was the intended outcome all along. After discussing it, they decided to change the Description to reflect that, but they also discussed the possibility of increasing it to match what it says, and came to the conclusion it was too powerful.
    I'd like to see if it is actually 50% but either way, I'm kind of ambivalent on this issue. On the one hand, it is a nerf. Domino was confirmed to be bugged and they rewrote her description to match the bug. She was and still is amazing though. But it was still an annoying way to "fix" her. I have a hard time believing that they just wrote his description wrong. It feels like the domino situation where he wasn't functioning as intended but they decided he was fine and they don't want to fix him. In that sense it is a nerf, but if you liked him before, he isn't being actually changed. Not a big deal, but also get why people are annoyed.
    Still, people are reacting as if they just change things as they feel, when nothing is changing at all. They don't just alter Champs to suit their mood. There is careful consideration with any changes.
    I agree generally. I think they have handled it badly many times though. The AA change was handled very badly. Mystic D, Domino, etc. Taking almost a year to announce that they were going to just rewrite his description after some of these other badly handled changes (or description rewrites) and it's easy to see why people are upset.
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    Betrayed
    Mainly because when talked about it, posts were being removed left and right and they “fixed” the issue by changing what was advertised. A stagger is not game breaking...and it won’t make AW harder soooo all it does is maybe make attacking and questing easier...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Cain said:

Mainly because when talked about it, posts were being removed left and right and they “fixed” the issue by changing what was advertised. A stagger is not game breaking...and it won’t make AW harder soooo all it does is maybe make attacking and questing easier...

Posts being removed have to do with Forum upkeep. Either the issue is already being discussed, or there is some rule being broken. It's not done to ignore issues.
    Betrayed

Cain said:

Posts being removed have to do with Forum upkeep. Either the issue is already being discussed, or there is some rule being broken. It's not done to ignore issues.
    If the issue is already being discussed, and comments on the appropriate thread relate to the issue, why would they be deleted. People were told their explanations were “non constructive” and had their accounts restricted. Saying that the issue had been unaddressed wasn’t “non constructive”; however, not fixing bugs a year old seems pretty non constructive 🤔. So I digress 🤷🏼‍♂️ But hey, the posts of myself and others along with the reporting of a mod seemed to get a response so 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Betrayed
    By the way, my above post is constructive in discussing the topic at hand which is how the Situation was handled. I’m assuming the censorship is coming, but it would be a pleasant surprise to still see my opinion up tomorrow.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    Betrayed
    He was meant to apply a stagger with a 100% chance, but instead of reworking him, kabam wants to play it off as "haha 😂😂😂, we messed up the description. We're going to change it to match what happens now, and it's not a d--- thing you can do but cry."

I see why big names are leaving this game everyday now, this company is money hungry, and only does work that benefits them!!
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    Symbiote Supreme with 100% chance to stagger. Still not a game breaker at all. Even with that he won’t be even at top ten champs of the game. Why u guys at kabam keep letting down the community, because it’s sure u know people will be happy with that 100% chance. Ah, ok let’s leave him at 50% and after a year SS joins the row to get a buff. lol
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    Betrayed
    One mystic champ ~ Ghost Rider my noobs :)
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Other, (please explain)
    Symbiote Supreme is an extremely powerful champion as it is. If they buffed him by making him work like his description, he would be about as powerful. You'd get a couple extra staggers maybe, in a state that doesn't last for most of the fight.
    This doesn't matter. HE'S NOT BEING NERFED. He'll stay exactly as strong as he has been; the best Mystic in the game, and the best nullifier. He doesn't need to be buffed to what his description says. Should they be more careful and proofread to see if they said "increased TO 100%" instead of "increased BY 100%"? Yes. Is this a goof? Yes. Is this a cash grab or a nerf? For once, it's actually not.

Stop freaking out. Kabam can be pretty shady, and has made lots of questionable decisions, but wait and actually THINK before posting. Thanks.
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    How much time do you have to be a constant pain on every post? 99% of the forum disagrees with anything you say but you keep saying it anyway.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    Not agreeing with someone doesn’t give other the right to be aggressive on him. At the end, there is nothing most constructive than disagreeing.
    Just saying...
    Cain said:

By the way, my above post is constructive in discussing the topic at hand which is how the Situation was handled. I’m assuming the censorship is coming, but it would be a pleasant surprise to still see my opinion up tomorrow.

I can't comment on anything that was removed because I wasn't there. What I can say is constructive means constructive. Venting and dogpiling isn't really constructive. Can't say that's what happened, but it happens more often than not here.

@Liss_Bliss_ I'm curious about something. I only got Sym Supreme recently and was unaware of the bug thread or this issue until seeing this poll. I skimmed through the thread but obviously might have missed something. You have indicated that while they aren't going to make it 100% they are increasing it from 30% to 50%. It looks to me like they are saying it is already 50% and they are keeping him exactly the same way that he is, kind of like rewriting the Domino description to match her bug. I'm not fussed either way, but did they actually say that they are adjusting him in any way?

It's 50%. That was the intended outcome all along. After discussing it, they decided to change the Description to reflect that, but they also discussed the possibility of increasing it to match what it says, and came to the conclusion it was too powerful.
    Were you a part of that discussion? Lol why are you actively posting on this thread? Do you even have sym supreme? Do you not understand that all stagger does is nullify buffs? How is having 100% chance to place a stagger on well timed blocks too powerful compared to 50%? Is guaranteed stagger on parry going to break the game? You can’t answer these questions all you’re doing is repeating everything that we already read in the post as if you made the decision to change sym supremes description yourself. Instead of having one of the mods answer these questions you keep derailing the thread with your nonsense. You and anyone else that feels the need to write unnecessary paragraphs saying it’s not a nerf. We all get that it’s not a nerf. Get a diary and start writing all this bs in there not here.
    Was I? No. Do I have him? Yes. Do I understand what we're discussing? Sure do. I don't speak as if I was there. I explained what was said by Miike. Forgive me, but I find your point of view somewhat disproportionate considering you think increasing it to 100% wouldn't be OP.
    We're not here to discuss me or compare sizes. We're here to discuss SS.

Were you a part of that discussion? Lol why are you actively posting on this thread? Do you even have sym supreme? Do you not understand that all stagger does is nullify buffs? How is having 100% chance to place a stagger on well timed blocks too powerful compared to 50%? Is guaranteed stagger on parry going to break the game? You can’t answer these questions all you’re doing is repeating everything that we already read in the post as if you made the decision to change sym supremes description yourself. Instead of having one of the mods answer these questions you keep derailing the thread with your nonsense. You and anyone else that feels the need to write unnecessary paragraphs saying it’s not a nerf. We all get that it’s not a nerf. Get a diary and start writing all this bs in there not here.
    Was I? No. Do I have him? Yes. Do I understand what we're discussing? Sure do. I don't speak as if I was there. I explained what was said by Miike. Forgive me, but I find your point of view somewhat disproportionate considering you think increasing it to 100% wouldn't be OP.
    You don’t understand what’s being discussed but you still keep repeating the same nonsense. Do you know juggs has a 100% chance to place stagger on his heavy? How op is the ability to place stagger? What do you think stagger does? How would a 100% chance to place stagger on well timed blocks for a few seconds that one of supremes blessing is active make him op? And yes we will compare sizes since you like to spend more time here pretending to know what’s going on instead of actually playing the game and making progress. Maybe if you finish Act 5 and start catching up with the rest of us you might be able to relate to some of these posts.
    How often do you get a Heavy off in harder Fights? How often do you Parry? Think about that.
    By all means, keep using your progress to try and bully me out of the conversation. Just know it's not working.
    So you're resorting to trying to call me out instead of backing up what you're saying? Gotcha.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    i dont know what the issue is ,i dont have symbiote supreme,in any rarity except for 3*,n i dnt use that, but i sure know one thing
    groundedwisdom is a proven troll now and i have seen him trash almost all forum posts with his wrong knowledge,in this one he has crossed limits, there r 2 more n they know that.
    Betrayed

Cain said:

I can't comment on anything that was removed because I wasn't there. What I can say is constructive means constructive. Venting and dogpiling isn't really constructive. Can't say that's what happened, but it happens more often than not here.
    I can agree there. However you must admit when an issue is going on for over a year, repeated exposure is not Dogpiling. I didn’t tag mods in an outrage or anything like that. I did mention how fast the Map 7 Namor bug got fixed and I’ll give them that maybe. This is a place to discuss things and it just seemed like one mod was censoring people. Others even filed a ticket over it
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Betrayed
    I'm surprised they still don't "fix" other bugs that way
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Happy

Cain said:

Actually that’s not true. At least not in my case. I had a post get removed with information and a question. It was removed. Furthering the discussion with a post adding stuff should never have been removed.

@Msyounus1288 were you part of that discussion? I can’t seem to find a post by you in that thread.

And let me break down why your response to GW is all kinds of wrong.

1) Do you not understand that all stagger does is nullify buffs?
    This is false. It doesn’t just nullify buffs. If a buff is removed via a stagger you get generic potential. This is paramount as it increases things for him. In Chthon’s the higher the genetic potential the more damage nullify will do. In Null’s, it will increase perfect block and armor based on genetic potential. In Set’s, you get a fury increasing damage based on the genetic potential from the previous phase. It also increases the chance to proc a bleed based on genetic potential. Now you’ll see if I don’t take a post by you about SS seriously it’s because you’ve proven you don’t understand the character.

2) How is having 100% chance to place a stagger on well timed blocks too powerful compared to 50%? Is guaranteed stagger on parry going to break the game?
    Well basic math says it’s 50% now power. But more importantly since we have established that stagger/nullify is more important than just removing a buff, it’s very powerful. This isn’t like Juggs stagger in that all it does is remove a buff and nothing else happens/increases. Break the game? No it won’t, but it could tip things to a point they don’t want.

3) you keep derailing the thread with your nonsense. You and anyone else that feels the need to write unnecessary paragraphs saying it’s not a nerf.
    Same can be said about you. You keep derailing this thread with your lack of knowledge of the character because you want to argue things that you don’t understand.

What we are doing is actually discussing the change and how boring is changing except his description. But you have pitchfork wielding, personal attacking, sensual innuendo posting, people getting so mad they spew hate and vitriol.

So I’m closing I’ll touch on one thing again. It’s the added effects of stagger/nullify that is what Miike was talking about when he said it would make him too powerful in that phase and subsequently his next phase.
    Happy

You don’t understand what’s being discussed but you still keep repeating the same nonsense. Do you know juggs has a 100% chance to place stagger on his heavy? How op is the ability to place stagger? What do you think stagger does? How would a 100% chance to place stagger on well timed blocks for a few seconds that one of supremes blessing is active make him op? And yes we will compare sizes since you like to spend more time here pretending to know what’s going on instead of actually playing the game and making progress. Maybe if you finish Act 5 and start catching up with the rest of us you might be able to relate to some of these posts.

I’ll say again story progression DOES NOT equal champ knowledge. So beating your chest saying your further progressed while not even understanding a basic functioning ability of a champ. I’ll take someone stuck on act 5 who knows the addon to stagger over someone who is 100% 6.1/6.2 any day of the week. Those are the people who know about the issue(s) said champ is having.
    AndiYTDE said:

The single reason why I don´t believe that a 50% chance was intended is because in the official champion spotlight it says 100%. Technically, even if the description of SS has been wrong for the last 10 months (which I don´t believe) it still doesn´t explain why it said 100% in the champion spotlight.

Simple. The spotlight mirrors the ability list in game.
    Greekhit said:

Not agreeing with someone doesn’t give other the right to be aggressive on him. At the end, there is nothing most constructive than disagreeing.
    Just saying...

However those people are the ones tossing personal attacks at us, yet we are in the wrong according to the other.
    Ace_03 said:

Rulllor said:

Moderators pls step in. This thread getting ugly with your guys against the people.
    What people need to know is their place, this is kabam game, and kabam needs to do what's best for kabam.

Plus a text change is a much cheaper solution than code fix. This truth and common sense

“Your guys” I love when people agree with something Kabam does or gives them praise, we are automatically labeled shills or “their guys”.

If you take the time to read that thread in the bugs forum, you’d see a few of us actually giving Kabam the benefit of the doubt in a wording issue. Some of us even said we’d be ok with BY 100%.

And you can’t honestly tell me those who ranked him did so solely because of Null’s description.
    You should be sharpening those game skills, instead of trying to re-write reality in the forums, you are no Thanos and you have no Infinity Gems.

I bet you don't even have the champion at a high level, wouldn't surprise me, it's not like under 500k is setting the world on fire.
    Making assumptions about my rating? Laughable that you undershot what my real rating is.

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I can understand that, but nothing is being changed. They explained that the Description was wrong, and after debating it, they came to the conclusion that changing him would make him more powerful. Techically, nothing is changing except the Description. 50% was the intended goal.

You’d have thought that kabam would have noticed this sometime between the release of the champion and now, but hey, I guess they just don’t pay attention
    Happy

The reason I indicated 30% was based off a 1 word change to his description. That word would be TO. This is where people were taking issue. And where people were inclined to believe something. If we changed TO 100% into BY 100% his staggers would then show a 30% increase to place a stagger. And from my own testing this was more in line with what was happening. I’d place staggers between 30/50 of the time. I have hours of videos on my phone of me taking my SS’s into matches/quests/arena spotlighting this particular issue. Never once I got above 50%. So it may very well have been 50% all along. But we all know how numbers percentages and RNG work in this game. So it’s entirety possible I could go a full Null’s phase not placing a stagger on a parry.

The overall issue here is not the change, at least not to me and a few others, because a few of us stated we would be fine if it was a wording issue. It’s HOW LONG it took to reach this point. In that thread I posted exactly how quickly it would have been to address Null’s day 1 it was reported. That post has since been removed, so I won’t repost it, but it essentially was a 2-3 minute conversation. I personally am appalled at it taking this long when that was one of the bugs being discussed most. Any mod could have seen that asked the right team the question I posed and we would have had resolution within minutes-hours of that issue being brought to light. Instead we waited, albeit some longer than others, close to a year, for it to be spoken on.

So you're resorting to trying to call me out instead of backing up what you're saying? Gotcha.

That’s what people do sadly. They get backed into a corner and don’t have the knowledge or proof to back them up so they try to flex on people.

I can understand that, but nothing is being changed. They explained that the Description was wrong, and after debating it, they came to the conclusion that changing him would make him more powerful. Techically, nothing is changing except the Description. 50% was the intended goal.

You’d have thought that kabam would have noticed this sometime between the release of the champion and now, but hey, I guess they just don’t pay attention
    And we are not disputing that fact. In fact those of us happy he is being “fixed” are disgusted it took so long.
    Happy
    Cain said:

Cain said:

I can agree there. However you must admit when an issue is going on for over a year, repeated exposure is not Dogpiling. I didn’t tag mods in an outrage or anything like that. I did mention how fast the Map 7 Namor bug got fixed and I’ll give them that maybe. This is a place to discuss things and it just seemed like one mod was censoring people. Others even filed a ticket over it

While I can’t speak to that issue with Namor I can speak to how some quick fixes are addressed. It comes down to how easy it is to fix. Some things are simply easier to find the cause than others. Had someone actually taken the time to really look into Null’s at the start I believe this could have been fixed as soon as it was being reported.
This discussion has been closed.