**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

List of counters to Ghost or Quake

JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
Ghost and Quake are two of the most unique and powerful champs in the game, and they can handle a ton of matchups. However, I was trying to think of the matchups they can't handle, or at least aren't especially good for. This is with full synergies, with their optimal setups. Off the top of my head:

Ghost:
  1. Armor break nodes (can't phase)
  2. Magneto (she's metal for some reason, so strong AAR)
  3. Thorns/Electroshock (not Korg, as she can light-counter him)
  4. Nick Fury? Haven't tested it, but I imagine he'll frequently have more than 5 when fighting Ghost, meaning his attacks can't miss.
  5. Mr Sinister (she can beat him, but between his blocking unblockable special attacks and his heal from critical hits will make it pretty painful)
  6. Ebony Maw (guaranteed crits will miss)
Kinda countered by Unstoppable (not especially bad, just not especially great. Doesn't have a great way to deal with it)

Quake:
  1. Iron Man Infinity War (first medium and some of his lights can't be evaded). Still possible, but not great as you're not spending much time charging heavies and stacking aftershock charges
  2. Night Thrasher (mediums and heavies can't be evaded. Same deal as IMIW)
  3. Black Widow (strong ability accuracy reduction)
  4. True Strike nodes (such as boss nodes in war)
  5. Bleed/Poison/Incinerate/Shock nodes where you start the fight with the debuff on you. Also fights where you are inflicted with DOT periodically.
  6. Havok (passive power gain, stacks plasma)
  7. Doctor Strange/Symbiote Supreme (possible, as you can switch it up when they're near a bar of power and bait out their specials, but it really throws her playstyle off)
  8. Hyperion (His power gains will often fail to trigger, but he'll still get them from time to time, so you could end up getting caught by a special when you weren't expecting it)
  9. Domino (nuff said)
  10. She's not great for duped Iceman either, as you'll take all the damage at the start of the fight and can't evade for a bit. She's not much worse than the average champ, but she's not exactly a go-to option.
  11. Void (a lot of his debuffs will fail to trigger, but at some point one will likely get through when the AAR debuff isn't up, and it'll stick for a long time)
Unblockable is difficult with her, but if you're one of those god-tier Quakers who never parry or block, it doesn't matter.

What did I miss?

Comments

• JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Thought of another one for Quake: Power gain nodes
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    Corvus Glave for Ghost. Now, I know I'm kinda a CG fanatic, but bear with me here. First he’s Cosmic, so there’s the type matchup for starters. Second his damage ends most battles before Ghost can get much done. Last and best, his parries Armor Break! He kinda just shuts her down and tears her apart.
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    Also, least you forget with his ProxMid synergy he can get True Strike, which removes the need to even Armor Break.
    Once again, I must have not been clear. I mean defensive counters. Ghost is really easy to beat if she's a defender, and Quake isn't the worst. So Quake and Ghost can both handle Corvus, Stealthy, and Killmonger.

What’s an example of an armour break node?

I don't remember, but I've seen some. Or you get armor break on you under certain circumstances.
  • Sinedd92Sinedd92 Posts: 94
    Ye, if you don't attack for 6 seconds, you get armor break, but it's easy to attack at least 1 time within 6 seconds
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    JohnHS said:

How is a power gain node a weakness

Quake and Kilmonger
    Possible, but tough

Probably one of the most annoying match ups
  • OmegaSupremeOmegaSupreme Posts: 18
    edited August 2019

Sounds like a good idea for a new node. Call it “Magnetosphere” or something and have it tear armour asunder every 7 seconds.

LOL, why is that a good idea? It only hurts us since Ghost is a terrible defender.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

What’s an example of an armour break node?

Crumbling Armour inflicts armour break if you don't hit for six seconds. Kabam placed a Havok miniboss on one last month's EQ (to counter the ideal Havok counter, which is an active armour effect).

Or there's always Chaos nodes.
  • OmegaSupremeOmegaSupreme Posts: 18
    Thing's protection against Ghost.
    Zuro said:

JohnHS said:

If the opponent is gaining power passively, they get specials, which Quake can't evade. Still doable, but very inconvenient and annoying. As in she's not a great option for those fights.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    Surprisingly, Karnak counters quake
  • MawrCalleachMawrCalleach Posts: 260

How?
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★

He won't get the true strike if he won't get any power.
    JohnHS said:

Zuro said:

JohnHS said:

If the opponent is gaining power passively, they get specials, which Quake can't evade. Still doable, but very inconvenient and annoying. As in she's not a great option for those fights.
    What node even does that
    Zuro said:

JohnHS said:

Zuro said:

JohnHS said:

What node even does that
    IDK. I've seen some in videos.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    JohnHS said:

This reminds me of a good one for Quake, Vision. As long as you have a concussion on him when he throws a special, he can't powerburn you, so no damage is done.

Edit: On topic though, another counter is Agent Venom. He reduces evade chance by 50%.
    JohnHS said:

Zuro said:

JohnHS said:

Zuro said:

JohnHS said:

What node even does that
    IDK. I've seen some in videos.
    The only one I can think of is spite and pilfered and you can easily bypass those with parry
  • NightMonkeyNightMonkey Posts: 95 ★★
    Good analysis overall on Ghost (have her at 5/65), but some mistakes on Quake (5/65 too), if you consider her team being: Quake 5/65, Nick Fury, DeadPool X, Hawkeye and a 5th one.
    5: Nick-DeadX sinergy purify the debuff and then it's a piece of cake for Quake; periodically doesn't count since you apply Concussion (used Quake in Variant 2.3.3, poison every 7 seconds)
    6: I've always used Quake against any Havok in any content (6.1.6, War, Variant) and always oneshot him, you just need to know how to deal with that power gain. I always use the same strategy now, which allows you to chain 3 sets of aftershocks till he gains a bar of power, then you push him to sp2, bait it out, rinse and repeat.
    7: while DocStrange is really difficult, SymSupreme is not that bad, given his reduced power gain
    9: Quake can easily do Domino thanks to the synergy with Hawkeye, which nullify her -15% AAR
    10: just wait out the Coldsnap, piece of cake after (and if you bring Iron Man IW is purified at the start)
    11: Easy matchup, Void never gets the chance to apply his debuffs if you have enough experience with Quake
  • Dr Doom is easily an ace counter to Ghost (on defense, I know I know)