**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

She-Hulk Heavy Speed Bug Fix [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• Agentk24Agentk24 Posts: 22

Agentk24 said:

McMorli said:

Hey everybody,

We’re sorry that this update came as a surprise. The Ability to chain into a Heavy Attack from a combo is not one that is intended for any Champion, and we have never advertised it as one (except for Wasp, who has a built in short Passive stun to ensure that she is able to do it). No Champion should be able to Combo into a Heavy attack with 100% reliability, unless explicitly stated in their Ability description.

This was not something that was listed as an ability or an exception for She-Hulk. She was not built, tuned, or tested, around this unintended interaction. This was identified as an issue and resolved.

We apologize for the confusion caused by this interaction.

It's not 100%, only when the opponent is in the corner. And in this case there are a lot of champs which can do the same. You only change she hulk because this is the only champion which combines some good stuff and so also a 3* version can do a lol star lord without getting hit. Or a r2 she hulk can do act 6 bosses.

I also did the champion with a r3 version and i ranked her r5 with the rank up gem from the new variant a few days ago because of the things she can do. And now you tell us that that is was not intended. Give me my r5 rank up gem and the r4 material back and take your she hulk ... Than i can rank my wasp r4 for the quantum trinity. Or will you fix gbost next?
    If a 3* can do LoL SL, then that's a sign something is off.
    No it’s not that’s due to her slow and petrify
    I just don't think a 3* should be taken into LoL at this stage in the game. Also, if you're saying it's because of Slow and Petrify, neither of those have changed.
    Yes but you were saying something was wrong if a 3* can do a lol fight but it wasn’t due to ability getting nerfed
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    Agentk24 said:

Agentk24 said:

McMorli said:

Hey everybody,

We’re sorry that this update came as a surprise. The Ability to chain into a Heavy Attack from a combo is not one that is intended for any Champion, and we have never advertised it as one (except for Wasp, who has a built in short Passive stun to ensure that she is able to do it). No Champion should be able to Combo into a Heavy attack with 100% reliability, unless explicitly stated in their Ability description.

This was not something that was listed as an ability or an exception for She-Hulk. She was not built, tuned, or tested, around this unintended interaction. This was identified as an issue and resolved.

It's not 100%, only when the opponent is in the corner. And in this case there are a lot of champs which can do the same. You only change she hulk because this is the only champion which combines some good stuff and so also a 3* version can do a lol star lord without getting hit. Or a r2 she hulk can do act 6 bosses.

I also did the champion with a r3 version and i ranked her r5 with the rank up gem from the new variant a few days ago because of the things she can do. And now you tell us that that is was not intended. Give me my r5 rank up gem and the r4 material back and take your she hulk ... Than i can rank my wasp r4 for the quantum trinity. Or will you fix gbost next?
    If a 3* can do LoL SL, then that's a sign something is off.
    No it’s not that’s due to her slow and petrify
    I just don't think a 3* should be taken into LoL at this stage in the game. Also, if you're saying it's because of Slow and Petrify, neither of those have changed.
    Yes but you were saying something was wrong if a 3* can do a lol fight but it wasn’t due to ability getting nerfed
    I still say that. There was a time when people were taking 2*s into ROL. I don't think that's something that should happen.
  • XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    Lormif said:

DrZola said:

Lormif said:

DrZola said:

Hey everybody,

Honestly, people should get more than an apology here, Miike.

This was a specific mechanic known throughout the community for a while and a significant attribute of the champ. You guys need to be more attuned to what is happening in game and make “fixes” like this out of the gate, not months later.

I dodged this bullet and used mine at R3 for 6.2 content. But anyone who used their hard-to-get materials on her should get them back and then some.

Dr. Zola
    How do you fix something you dont know is broken, that does not make any sense.
    You do it, quite simply, because running the game is your job.

Dr. Zola
    So you magically fix something you dont know about "because it is your job"? um, there is no magic in this world, if you dont know something is broke you cannot fix it.
  • XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    That argument is ridiculous Kabam is responsible & accountable for any issue that occurs in MCOC...Period.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    The point is to get nerfed, so she can enlist on the upcoming buff champs list, as will happen with SS eventually. Time wasting...
    Cain said:

iRetr0 said:

I noticed my comments have been deleted, so I will say it again.

I am no "tin-foil" hat person, but what Kabam has done with Sym Supreme and She-Hulk is, quite frankly, not showing any good signs for the upcoming future. They can do this with LITERALLY any champion and just say "We never identified this bug until now" or "This isn't the way we intended the champ to work" excuse and think they could get away with it.

They didn't do anything with SS. He never operated at 100%.
    So the spotlight and the description say Symbiote Supreme should be at 100%...but he didn’t operate that way so they ”updated” the text.

She hulk had no description of her heavy attack, but it’s been the same for years...because that’s how she operated...not they are “updating” her mechanics.

Yet their “fix” both times manages to reduce champ effectiveness.
    Nothing reduced with SS. He literally never functioned like that. They even discussed changing him to match that Description and realized it was too much.
    Shulk never indicated she was supposed to function that way. Same thing happened with Drax. There was another similar interaction that had to be addressed with GP. Champs aren't supposed to corner others like that.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/955537

As you may see here, it's already happening to some of us. I already can't chain her heavy. And that actually makes her almost useless and, what's worse, not fun to play with
    DrZola said:

Cain said:

iRetr0 said:

I am no "tin-foil" hat person, but what Kabam has done with Sym Supreme and She-Hulk is, quite frankly, not showing any good signs for the upcoming future. They can do this with LITERALLY any champion and just say "We never identified this bug until now" or "This isn't the way we intended the champ to work" excuse and think they could get away with it.

So the spotlight and the description say Symbiote Supreme should be at 100%...but he didn’t operate that way so they ”updated” the text.

She hulk had no description of her heavy attack, but it’s been the same for years...because that’s how she operated...not they are “updating” her mechanics.

Nothing reduced with SS. He literally never functioned like that. They even discussed changing him to match that Description and realized it was too much.
    Shulk never indicated she was supposed to function that way. Same thing happened with Drax. There was another similar interaction that had to be addressed with GP. Champs aren't supposed to corner others like that.
    I think you have your “cornering” confused—try chaining a heavy with Shulk on 6.2.6 Champion after he has a Sp1.

GwenPool was a broken mechanic that basically allowed for continuous heavy chaining. The two instances are quite different.

Dr. Zola
    If there wasn't any effectiveness to the technique, we wouldn't be arguing it.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    I wonder about the extent of the ongoing testing if they legitimately don't know about these things. With any character that has an effect attached to an attack, the goto question for anyone that's not entirely new to the genre is "Can I combo into or out of it"?
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    JeryG8ter said:

Hi Kabam

I don’t understand. The forum is suppose to be a platform of communication between you who provide a product and US the customers
    The community is outrage on the upcoming “nerf”
    But really you are just changing them to what they are suppose to be according to you.
    Now you are in your right to do whatever you want with your product but please please listen to us the customer
    The unintended performance of Symbote Supreme and SheHulk were a goood thing for those champions. So instead of changing the way that people are use to using them, Change their descriptions. SheHulk is not overpowered

People are upset. Listen to your customers

There was no unintended performance of Sym Supreme, btw.
    Cain said:

JohnHS said:

iRetr0 said:

For once we agree. But they should keep the same stance with She-Hulk as they did with SS. Maybe it's not mentioned in the description, but that's how the character actually works.
    Exactly, they want it both ways though 🤦🏼‍♂️

Cain said:

iRetr0 said:

Listen mate, you can’t have it both ways...

1) Champ was released and described to have an ability that they never received. Players were upset the ability described wasn’t in effect. A year later they removed the ability from the description (because staggers are so OP and game breaking).

2) Champ was released and received an ability not described. Players were happy with the ability and used it and then years later it was taken away.

Is daredevil’s ability to hit invisible champs a bug? What about Havok and Cyclops not damaging each other with specials? It’s not in their description?

With all your grounded wisdom, you are saying we can’t trust abilities not listed in the description AND we can’t trust the description. So we basically can’t trust anything in the game or you are building an argument on false premises. Correct me if I’m wrong...
    100% Stagger on every Parry (well-timed Block), plus Synergies and other Abilities going on. We can literally count the cases where Descriptions were wrong on one hand. Not worded in a way that was misunderstood, just wrong.
    A Champ received an Ability that wasn't intended. If it was something that was benevolent or had no negative effects towards their goals, it would have been left. Clearly it wasn't something they wanted, and they've made that clear in this Thread.
  • Hartsell_07Hartsell_07 Posts: 3
    This is a nerf to the champion this is not just a bug fix if it was u would have done this a while back as soon as you saw everyone using her the way she was intended nothing was said until u dropped 6.2 and saw how shehulk destroyed the last champion boss and u guys are loosing money cause people don’t have to buy your revives same reason u just nerfed sym supreme
  • Hartsell_07Hartsell_07 Posts: 3
    You say it’s ur job to nerf them if they are not behaving correctly but after the beta u made her even better so why have the betas at all what are u gonna do to colossus and oml after this beta and people waist resources to rank them up
This discussion has been closed.