**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Variant 3 2.2 200% Passive Power gain path...

I just need that 1 path to finish Variant 3 but I legit don't know who to use for that mephisto, the power gain and the burn is absurd…

Is there any champion that can reliably do that fight or the concept is unit your way out of it?

Comments

• WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    Void? Haven't done that specific fight yet though
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Woozie said:

Good idea, but no. Void wouldn't work that amazing on that powerful an Improved Power Gain node. That +200% power gain basically means they start at 300% power gain. Each of Void's petrifys do -50% to that. So lets say you get the best case scenario and get FotV and 2 petrifys. Then you're just dealing with their normal power gain.
    Again, good idea, but it sadly won't work. Power Lock is a much more effective option for that. But hey if you could handle dealing with Mephisto's AoI power gain, then it's not like Void would be the worst option. He's still great for Mephisto. the power gain just makes it a lot more annoying.
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★

Woozie said:

Good idea, but no. Void wouldn't work that amazing on that powerful an Improved Power Gain node. That +200% power gain basically means they start at 300% power gain. Each of Void's petrifys do -50% to that. So lets say you get the best case scenario and get FotV and 2 petrifys. Then you're just dealing with their normal power gain.
    Again, good idea, but it sadly won't work. Power Lock is a much more effective option for that. But hey if you could handle dealing with Mephisto's AoI power gain, then it's not like Void would be the worst option. He's still great for Mephisto. the power gain just makes it a lot more annoying.
    Fair point, but who is incinerate immune with power control? Or who did you use/plan on using?
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Vulture
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    Blade works wonders. He doesn't gain his aura every X seconds like in arena*, so you can just parry bleed him to death, completely bypassing the power gain effect.

*Like in Alliance Quest, rather.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Quake works as well.

I ended up using Darkhawk. Just parry + medium to reduce aura triggering chances. Then popped sp3 to heal block him.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    I used blade, I seen others use void
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I used Doc Oc. It took me a revive, maybe two but he really helps keep the power gain in check. Typically just parry heavy and it reduces the chance of aura from triggering.
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    Doc oc if you have a 4/55 or 6* you can just heavy lock him against the wall and keep him power locked. When you’re spamming heavies while mephisto is against the wall doc doesn’t take damage from his aura. I think seatin has a vid on it but doc oc can cheese that entire path. I used a 4 55 on my main account and a r3 on my second. Worked out fine.
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    And ghost with hood synergy works too if you have her.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I used Ghost with Hood. Tanked so many specials it was nuts
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I used ghost with hood synergy and a tech power boost
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    MDavis said:

Jaded said:

Quake works as well.

I ended up using Darkhawk. Just parry + medium to reduce aura triggering chances. Then popped sp3 to heal block him.

Quake doesn't work cuz u can't reduce their ability accuracy even when nothing states otherwise which means that you will trigger spite if u go with dex on...
    She still works because she will auto evade without dex & cause damage without hitting him. Had many ally mates use her.
  • DanveerKarnaDanveerKarna Posts: 113
    MDavis said:

I just need that 1 path to finish Variant 3 but I legit don't know who to use for that mephisto, the power gain and the burn is absurd…

Is there any champion that can reliably do that fight or the concept is unit your way out of it?

I used Doc Oc and Units
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    I would recommend using quake but parry instead of dexing so you don't trigger spite
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Vision
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I used doc and revived once
  • Trillionaire6Trillionaire6 Posts: 43
    Doc oct
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Vision ate him in one pass.