**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

She Hulk Nerf Sucks, Meanwhile Vivified...

V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
So most of the focus right now is the changing (nerfing) of She Hulk and understandably so. But I feel like there’s another important change being made that I haven’t seen mentioned by anyone, Vivified.

While this node is solely in Map 7 currently, Kabam is making a movement to slowly flood EQ (and most likely other modes) with these nodes as well. When this node came out, Kabam expressly stated that Vivified would prevent any power drain or power lock abilities, so using enervate, power steal, and power burn champs are supposed to work. Well those that ran these maps quickly learned it was bugged and not working as intended. So now Kabam is changing it and now defenders on this node are immune to all power control instead of power lock which I feel is ridiculous. There are only a handful of champs than can even power lock, much less do it effectively and for a helpful amount of time. Add in the fact Korg is on the path, it makes it that much more difficult since he can shrug off power lock and convert, where power burn from Voodoo, Vision, or Dormammu would be much more useful.

Maybe I am making too much of this, but it seems like a really huge nerf to this node which is already difficult enough. Kabam should make the node work like it was originally intended. Here are the screenshots of the original announcement and the current changelog:

Comments

• Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Maybe the reason they changed it was due to an issue with coding it to only work for certain types of power manipulation. As i feel power drain, power burn and power steal all have very similar coding compared to enervating and power locking.
    Thus it was a difference of changing how the games code worked with power manipulation or redesign the coding for a single node
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Patchie93 said:

Maybe the reason they changed it was due to an issue with coding it to only work for certain types of power manipulation. As i feel power drain, power burn and power steal all have very similar coding compared to enervating and power locking.
    Thus it was a difference of changing how the games code worked with power manipulation or redesign the coding for a single node

I doubt it. People are still struggling with this node a lot and it’s costing a ton of items. If they wanted it to function as they originally announced, they could. They just prefer to keep it an extremely punishing node. I see the struggles my alliance members go through to try and counter this node and it’s ridiculous.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Actually would like to add that killmonger on that path has that buff to shrug off debuffs and gain health regen (4%?) if reverb is active. So any power control debuffs without armor break will only hurt yourself in that fight.
    Jaded said:

Jass007 said:

Jaded said:

Jass007 said:
    Idk if this video needs to posted a million times. Not to mention the video has nothing to do with map 7 vivified node.
    I hope ur favourite champ gets nerfed soon.. And u will be posting madly everywhere demanding for compensation..
    Feeney234 said:

The real issue is that people are using She Hulk to clear content without spending. The money is the motive. Shame on you Kabam

I have she hulk at 5:65. Ranked up for many reasons. Just because I’m not posting about her in this thread doesn’t mean I don’t care. I expressed my views in the main thread. This one is about vivified which I also agree with OP that it’s been ignored far too long. It’s a path I was taking till an ally mate put together a sig 200 namor. Now he gets through it.

I’d prefer if people didn’t make every thread about she hulk. And keep their comments in the main thread.
    Thank you I appreciate you trying to keep the thread on topic. I did mention that the She Hulk nerf sucks as well but my focus is on Vivified. The problem is Kabam keeps claiming to try and emphasize diversity but then they make a move like this which really kills any attempt at diversity. Even acid wash path is very limited in scope with which champs can do it but Voodoo is a popular enough champion to where at least one person will have a high rank one.

This change is not cool at all and they should fix it to be how it was originally announced. Either that or they need to change the champs on that path. Korg and KM are ridiculous champs to have on that path as it is. They don’t need to destroy player’s options on who to bring.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Jaded said:

Jass007 said:

Jaded said:

Jass007 said:
    Idk if this video needs to posted a million times. Not to mention the video has nothing to do with map 7 vivified node.
    I hope ur favourite champ gets nerfed soon.. And u will be posting madly everywhere demanding for compensation..
    Feeney234 said:

The real issue is that people are using She Hulk to clear content without spending. The money is the motive. Shame on you Kabam

I have she hulk at 5:65. Ranked up for many reasons. Just because I’m not posting about her in this thread doesn’t mean I don’t care. I expressed my views in the main thread. This one is about vivified which I also agree with OP that it’s been ignored far too long. It’s a path I was taking till an ally mate put together a sig 200 namor. Now he gets through it.

I’d prefer if people didn’t make every thread about she hulk. And keep their comments in the main thread.
    Thank you I appreciate you trying to keep the thread on topic. I did mention that the She Hulk nerf sucks as well but my focus is on Vivified. The problem is Kabam keeps claiming to try and emphasize diversity but then they make a move like this which really kills any attempt at diversity. Even acid wash path is very limited in scope with which champs can do it but Voodoo is a popular enough champion to where at least one person will have a high rank one.

This change is not cool at all and they should fix it to be how it was originally announced. Either that or they need to change the champs on that path. Korg and KM are ridiculous champs to have on that path as it is. They don’t need to destroy player’s options on who to bring.
    Yeah exactly on point. If it was for km and korg on that path it wouldn’t be so bad. The other defenders like diablo and iron patriot are nearly as bad. King groot has his issues but it’s easier to get debuffs to stick to him then korg or km.
    This isn’t a post about She Hulk.
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158

She-Hulk chaining heavy attacks mid-combo is more important to fix than:

- Vivified not working as intended for 3 months
    - Corvus taking coldsnap damage from freezerburn for 3 months
    - Pre-fight abilities (i.e., Stealth Spider-Man's Foam Cartridge) being bugged in Alliance War
    - Proxima Midnight's 200% offensive ability accuracy reduction not working against tenacity/rage abilities
    - AI using special attacks when players are hitting into the AI's block
    - Players using Android APK mod software to gain 6* shards faster and reduce other players' Alliance War Seasons rewards for 6+ months

She-Hulk's heavy attack bug being fixed means the above 6 bugs are more likely to be fixed. Less important bugs matter too.

• FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    I agree, everyone raves and rants about she hulk and makes positive change. Meanwhile they have turned Block Stun almost all the way off, which is game breaking in every mode. We can't let them keep block stun turned almost completely off.