**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War rating not frozen

Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
Kabam—you were supposed to freeze war rating during offseason yet that didn’t happen. You need to fix this before war attack starts

Comments

• Yeah, it would appear the war rating system is still active. Unless that was a trial thing and isn't happening again? Hopefully some clarity on this situation will be given before Attack Phase kicks off tomorrow. Also curious if the DT Global Nodes will change for Season 12, and if we'll get to test them for at lesst 1 cycle prior to the launch of the Season.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    What tier are you in, OP? Only Tiers 1-5 are frozen. Tiers 6-10 only experience half the War Rating fluctuation, and those in tiers 11-23 (is it 23?) aren't frozen at all.
  • What tier are you in, OP? Only Tiers 1-5 are frozen. Tiers 6-10 only experience half the War Rating fluctuation, and those in tiers 11-23 (is it 23?) aren't frozen at all.

We're in Tier 4 and they appear to be active for the current war @Mathking13 . Not sure about the OP, but I would wager T5+ if they're asking about this. Regardless, it's very clear they're not at 0 currently. Our ratings are showing +50 win/-47 loss.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

What tier are you in, OP? Only Tiers 1-5 are frozen. Tiers 6-10 only experience half the War Rating fluctuation, and those in tiers 11-23 (is it 23?) aren't frozen at all.

We're in Tier 4 and they appear to be active for the current war @Mathking13 . Not sure about the OP, but I would wager T5+ if they're asking about this. Regardless, it's very clear they're not at 0 currently. Our ratings are showing +50 win/-47 loss.
    well maybe it's sorta like what happens with Role Reversal. Maybe it's just showing you how your war rating would fluctuate normally, but your war rating won't change?
    I'd personally just wait and see what happens when the war ends. But I can understand how this would frustrate people up there like you...
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    In offseason the war rating changed showed 0 when it wasn’t changing. I’m so irritated about this. This is what we have done to expect with this company. They can’t do anything correct. A lot of this game involves planning. And planning re hires getting accurate information. But this company can’t ever seem to follow their own rules and get stuff right. And then when you try to bring it up to then to fix it, they just ignore it.

We missed masters last season by 6k points. One more war in tier 1 and we had masters. We got zero increase in war rating after first war of the season. That alone may have cost us masters.
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    @Kabam Miike will they be locked for offseason or not? They appear active right now.

Thanks
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    There was an issue that caused the first war of this off season to not have a locked rating. This will be resolved for the next war. Apologies for the confusion here.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★

There was an issue that caused the first war of this off season to not have a locked rating. This will be resolved for the next war. Apologies for the confusion here.

So will the ratings be reversed if they go up or down like how they were handled at the beginning of season 11 where the exact opposite thing happened and rating was locked? While this is one war a win/loss to jump into or down another tier has an affect on the upcoming season in terms of multiplier.
    Basically kabam has now screwed everyone 3x with what should be a simple fix. Thanks @Kabam Lyra

This might seem like a minor mistake to you. But to people who actually play this game it has massive affects. Both on their in game rewards and for those people who spend actual money. Instead of waiting until after everyone is totally screwed, fix it NOW. This is not a minor thing. This mess up at the beginning of last season cost us masters. And it’s likely this screw up will also cost us masters

I understand that mistakes happen but uou are awful at correcting them bc you don’t seem to grasp how it affects the entire player base and how it affects in game.
    And I love how you guys call it an “issue” when in reality it is someone in programming again didn’t do their job correctly
    Had you looked into this earlier when I posted here or sent in a ticket, could it have been fixed? Bc it took nearly 20 hours to get any response
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

So will the ratings be reversed if they go up or down like how they were handled at the beginning of season 11 where the exact opposite thing happened and rating was locked? While this is one war a win/loss to jump into or down another tier has an affect on the upcoming season in terms of multiplier.
    The purpose of locking Ratings is to curve things like Tanking. I don't think one War will have much of an effect.

The purpose of locking Ratings is to curve things like Tanking. I don't think one War will have much of an effect.
    This shows the understanding that you have of this game.

We missed masters last season by 6k points. Had we gone up in war rating for our first war win, we would have had masters bc we needed one more tier 1 war multiplier.

Conversely, had someone at the bottom of masters gotten knocked out of a tier 1 multiplier but for that screw up in locking war rating for the first war of the season, we would have had masters.

You really don’t understand the impact these mistakes have, so please stop acting like you do.
    If we lose this first war, we would be better off not having war rating locked for the whole offseason.
    Run477 said:

We missed masters last season by 6k points. Had we gone up in war rating for our first war win, we would have had masters bc we needed one more tier 1 war multiplier.

Conversely, had someone at the bottom of masters gotten knocked out of a tier 1 multiplier but for that screw up in locking war rating for the first war of the season, we would have had masters.

You really don’t understand the impact these mistakes have, so please stop acting like you do.
    I understand completely the point of locking War Rating. We're talking about the overall effect of one War being unlocked. They can't accomodate every Alliance's goals and personal situations. One War which played out how it's always played out before the lock is not going to have a great effect on what the lock is trying to achieve. That's just being hyper-vigilant.

Run477 said:

I understand completely the point of locking War Rating. We're talking about the overall effect of one War being unlocked. They can't accomodate every Alliance's goals and personal situations. One War which played out how it's always played out before the lock is not going to have a great effect on what the lock is trying to achieve. That's just being hyper-vigilant.
    Either you didn’t read my post or you are purposefully obfuscating. I just gave you an actual example of how one war affected the standings of who was in masters vs plat 1 last season. Instead of addressing that, you act like I’m talking about the purpose for locking war rating.

Again, this shows your misunderstanding of the way this game actually works. Instead of just admitting that this mess up will affect the season rewards AND that the previous same mess up literally decided who made masters and who didn’t, you want to obfuscate.
    Run477 said:

Run477 said:

Either you didn’t read my post or you are purposefully obfuscating. I just gave you an actual example of how one war affected the standings of who was in masters vs plat 1 last season. Instead of addressing that, you act like I’m talking about the purpose for locking war rating.

Again, this shows your misunderstanding of the way this game actually works. Instead of just admitting that this mess up will affect the season rewards AND that the previous same mess up literally decided who made masters and who didn’t, you want to obfuscate.
    Tell me. How would that play out before they locked War Rating last Season? What was the actual point of locking them?
    The issue you're talking about occurred during the Season. Not Off-Season. You're not actually earning anything at the moment. If there's a Loss, it's a Loss.
    Jestress said:

They just said that the first war in offseason was not locked. Thus you have the potential to move up or down a tier based on that.

Starting a season in Tier 3 vs Tier 4 can have a drastic effect on points earned in a war.

Same effect it had before the lock. The lock is to prevent manipulation, not protect people from the effects of a Loss.
    I’m done trying to reason with someone who either doesn’t understand the game or is purposefully trying to derail threads (or both). I am talking about the actual effect this mess up by kabam has on the game and you are bringing up what you think is the purpose to locking war rating.

Anyone who actually plays this game understands it is about planning. And planning is entirely dependent upon receiving accurate information from the only enitity that has access to controlling the game.

So congrats on detailing yet another thread. I really don’t understand how you are allowed to continue posting on here.
  • There was an issue that caused the first war of this off season to not have a locked rating. This will be resolved for the next war. Apologies for the confusion here.

True. However, some Alliances (like my own) like the idea of the war rating lock and utilize it to try new things in a consequence free environment. You lose, oh well. No harm, no foul. You win, bonus. Now, we gotta put in full effort or risk losing war rating points. Not something we were planning for. This was supposed to be a whatever comes war. While tanking was the original purpose for this, it has other uses. Frankly, a 47 point loss is still not ideal when you want to move up. I guess I'll have to tell the crew to be ready for a full swing war.
    I know what you're talking about. I just don't agree with using the measure as a safeguard to jump around or lose without taking a reduction. That may be what's the result, and it may be a necessary one in order to deal with other issues, but Seasons are off, and one War playing out as it normally would have is not something that greatly affects the goal of locking them. In any case, I don't really want to argue about it, so I've given my view.
    If you want to give a view on your belief as to the purpose of war rating locks, go start a thread. This thread is about the bug of not locking the war rating and the effect of their lack of a timely fix has on the game

Overall it doesn't affect everyone but groups on the cusp of dropping out of one tier into a lower tier or the reverse will have an impact on their multiplier if left alone before season start. If someone wins this war and goes into Tier 1 then they are at an advantage they shouldn't have had once season started if everything was working right.
    Run477 said:

If you want to give a view on your belief as to the purpose of war rating locks, go start a thread. This thread is about the bug of not locking the war rating and the effect of their lack of a timely fix has on the game

My belief on the purpose of locking Rating? They clarified that themselves.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Overall it doesn't affect everyone but groups on the cusp of dropping out of one tier into a lower tier or the reverse will have an impact on their multiplier if left alone before season start. If someone wins this war and goes into Tier 1 then they are at an advantage they shouldn't have had once season started if everything was working right.
    That is a blessing and a curse. They will have an advantage in terms of their multiplier, but a disadvantage in terms of who they fight.
    Lormif said:

That is a blessing and a curse. They will have an advantage in terms of their multiplier, but a disadvantage in terms of who they fight.
    or they win and now got a Tier 1 win they wouldn't have had otherwise. Just asking for one off-season, season to work as Kabam states.
    This all goes back to what the actual thread is about. Kabam yet again messing up and giving inaccuarate information that has real consequences on the game play

They can’t apparently accurately or timely detect mods so we already have to deal with that. We already don’t get win bonuses when allies are docked but we lost to that ally during the season.

Is it really that much to ask to just make the basic parts of the game operate as kabam claimed they would?