**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• JleodavJleodav Posts: 21
    Just a quick suggestion - this is happening to me too in V3 way more than I'd like, and I've found that the AI only uses specials when you're hitting into their block after the first hit of a combo; in my experience, it's safe to hit into their block once, dash back, bait block again, rinse and repeat. Still annoying to do, but a whole lot better than getting hit with a special when you're not prepared.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Just had this happen again vs Rhino in AW with Hyperion.

Any official response this 4 month old bug? Stop reducing the delay time for the AI to respond.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
  • ProducteProducte Posts: 74
    edited August 2019
    This bug is worst than ever since Back Issues 3 launched. You can't trust anymore that hitting the defenders block is not going to mean your immediate death by a dexterity or a special attack.

This is extremely frustrating.

Steps to duplicate (easy way):
    - Take Sentinel to Back Issues 3, any chapter, any line.
    - Hit defender's till they have 1 bar of power.
    - Hit their block more than once.
    - Die.
  • SlamjoeSlamjoe Posts: 8
    I’m experiencing this too. It’s friggin horrible! The lags and ai cheating are so bad. Plus my controls randomly don’t dash or block. Parry is all messed up too
  • MyselfandiMyselfandi Posts: 165
    I've kinda stopped playing. Well end game content anyway. I completed Variant3 but refuse to explore it as I am using too many units on revives and health potions due to these bugs. No more. Guess you could say I'm half way out the door so to speak.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I’m having defenders dex out of combos when I’m using sentinel, he’s so slow between hits they can even start just hitting me back during my combo if they are fast hitting champs
  • edited August 2019
    I just upgraded my Sentinel for Variant 3. As many of you know, to build up the analysis charges you often have to hit into the block. It is pretty rough in Variant 3, literally every second fight I either break a block or if the opponent has power and I am hitting the block, they jump out of it and instantly use special. So got to work around it. I never really noticed this bug until I got Sentinel but I certainly do now. If Kabam would like to see more videos I have many of them recorded just hit me up, though it seems many here have already posted similar examples. Cheers
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Zoddymam said:

I just upgraded my Sentinel for Variant 3. As many of you know, to build up the analysis charges you often have to hit into the block. It is pretty rough in Variant 3, literally every second fight I either break a block or if the opponent has power and I am hitting the block, they jump out of it and instantly use special. So got to work around it. I never really noticed this bug until I got Sentinel but I certainly do now. If Kabam would like to see more videos I have many of them recorded just hit me up, though it seems many here have already posted similar examples. Cheers

Yeah, trying to build up analysis charges is very challenging now, you never know what the AI is going to do next.

It really don't seem like Kabam wants more vids, there have been lots already posted, and they haven't responded to any of them AFAICT, so, it sure looks like they just don't consider this broken anymore, it is "by design" now.
  • Oliverb1980Oliverb1980 Posts: 99
    Just now on variant 3 chapter 2.1 aggression fury path. Sentinel vs abom and sentinel vs hulk.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Just now on variant 3. 3.1 rapid metabolism path. Using sentinel, mid combo- cull obsidian just starts hitting me back, I saw my third hit swing and I was intercepted, he wasnt blocking, just started attacking me while I was on my third hit of a combo, Iphone 7, updated iOS yesterday to see if it helped, this has been happening a lot with sentinel, I ranked him and started using him for variant but he is literally getting this happen to him so much I am not bothering to use him, not sure why you are asking us for examples of champs, anytime you hit into a blocking champ now, any defender can launch a special while you are hitting them, this is workable as I just don’t hit once they have a special, but being hit while you are mid combo is ridiculous, game needs some serious work
  • GrundalowGrundalow Posts: 15
    This is happening to be while using Aegon vs Gamora in Act 6.2.4
  • Spoonmanaron2Spoonmanaron2 Posts: 46
    We more than deserve this to be fixed. 4 months is too long folks
  • ericolorericolor Posts: 238
    This happens frequently in polar variant.
  • Spoonmanaron2Spoonmanaron2 Posts: 46
    Also, I can't stand that we keep seeing "Sorry for the confusion" in certain threads or from tech support tickets. This could apply but usually it doesn't because there is no confusion.
    Just to clarify, we are very sure of these claims and wish your team was "sorry for their mistakes and bugs" and would fix them.
    Also, the communication and transparency we as a community would hope to get, is sometimes as simple as, "It's been 6 months and we have't fixed this but we have made progress by doing XYZ. Here's some info on our progress..."
    OR maybe along the lines of (Read sarcasm)
    "It's harder to fix this outright because we do not want to admit we messed up with a previous update that altered many of the behaviors of the AI and now it's too late to roll it back. If we did, we couldn't get all of that $ we are currently making off of potions you need to buy because of these bugs. Besides, it's much better for us to focus our resources on fixing bugs we prefer are fixed faster like the ones that help you clear content"
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    I agree that v3 with sentinel is where this happens tbe most. I don't understand how this didn't come in a beta test for this? Surely someone noticed.
  • PerfectExamplePerfectExample Posts: 30
    Just happened in Variant 3. Middle path, using Sentinel vs Joe fix it
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Just came looking for this bug myself. Just started happening to me after last update. AI will randomly throw specials during attacking blocks. Noticed it mostly in variant 3 probably because the AI speed. Using iPhone 7.

This happens no matter the speed of the attacks(when I hit into blocks I button mash and count the hits). This is an active problem that needs to be addressed.
  • UfuomahUfuomah Posts: 37
    Hi,
    As the title states, for about a month or more now, opponents almost always evade when I am hitting I to their block and instantly counter me or if they have a bar or more of power, they evade and throw a special.
    This is against ALL champs, not just those with autoblock or what not.
    Is this normal? I ask cos it's been a recent development for me.
  • UfuomahUfuomah Posts: 37
    Even when running a normal combo with sentinel, you can get interupted midway and countered by the opponent.
    I feel this all started when kabam tried to tweak NC so he is not so easily switched.
  • AAMAXIMUS01AAMAXIMUS01 Posts: 144

This is not correct. There has been no change made to AI response time.

Just like there was no change to Sentinel's response time after his SP1 right?

It's not a limited issue. It also doesn't just happen when hitting into an opponent's block. I was mid-combo when an opponent launched a special. Isn't that supposed to be impossible? AI inputs are insane. They can launch specials while blocking, while being hit and immediately after a combo/being hit - menwhile players have a delayed input where if you try to launch a special right after being hit you end up lifting and dropping block until it finally registers your special input.
    I got crushed by she-hulk special 3 half way of a four hit combo while she was blocking. She was at 1% against the wall power bar full, hitting her (now she suppose to be ko soon) 1, 2, 3 hits going to 4th hit boom special3 out of the blue yeah I'm ko. This was 1st she-hulk in variant. I was like wth just happened, couldn't believe it but hey AI can do what us humans can't.
  • AAMAXIMUS01AAMAXIMUS01 Posts: 144
    RedTide75 said:

Hey All,

If you're still seeing this, I need exact Matchups. Which Champion you Used, and against who. We're continuing to investigate this.

No, you cannot say "it happens to everyone", because that is not going to help us narrow this down. Any posts that do not contain that information will be removed.

So u want us to do your job for you... what do your game developers do??? I see this generic response to every post. It is just a diversion. A way to put off any real response, because kabam has no intention of fixing this. BTW it is well documented in above posts and a little thing called YouTube.
    Happened to me in variant 3, was using stark spidey again 1st she-hulk. Have her in the corner she has power bar full, she at 1%( know she should be ok soon) but no 1, 2, 3, hits going to the 4th while she's blocking actives sp3 in the middle of my combo. Guess what I'm ko not surprised but surprised that I got hit with a sp3 in the middle of my combo. I was like wth just happened, but hey AI can do what I can not. Just not right. But if it would've been a bug that is not at your favor thrust me you would've had fix this already but because it cost US THE SUMMONERS is still under investigation. What a shame.
  • hope4tghope4tg Posts: 149
    Happened again on the latest android on my galaxy s7 edge with omega red. Once against RoL ws and once against MODOK. Modok dexxed out and used a special
This discussion has been closed.