**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

She-Hulk Heavy Speed Bug Fix [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• Mlee1829Mlee1829 Posts: 75
    Patchie93 said:

Hi all,

Please see our announcement related to compensation for this issue.

What about the people who ranked her to beat the 6.2.6 champion fight did so with a bugged She-Hulk who will now be able to take advantage of the bug and then rank her down and then rank up a new champion for other content.

This opens up a possibility for plenty of people to exploit this RDT
    Well they should still get the rdt. They ranked her for that reason, just like how everyone who ranked her for that reason and beat the content did. How is this an issue?
  • HSenpaiHSenpai Posts: 92
    This is great news. Was kinda sour I r4 my shehulk after the news came out. Already have a champs to swap the resources into. Thanks for listening Kabam :)
  • Mlee1829Mlee1829 Posts: 75

In the changelog thread: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/11/marvel-contest-of-champions-changelog#latest

"Version 24.1.6 will begin to roll out to Users. It will be released to all Players over the coming days.

It will update the game to a newer version of our Development Platform, and does not contain any player facing changes."

This update was forced upon us today. The part where it says "does not contain any player facing changes" is now proved wrong, since there is an issue where you introduced a change that was planned for the next update (next week) in it, difficulting the gameplay earlier for the players

Are you saying they pushed that update to fix the "issue"
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★

Hi all,

But yet people never got this option after ranking champions that were flat out stated to be working correctly like mystic defenders with MD and AA after you changed them?

I'm not remotely upset that people will be able to rank SH down though (even though a lot already got what they needed and cleared 6.2.6). I just think it's laughable that people weren't given this option when champions and masteries that were explicitly stated by yourselves to be working as intended weren't given the same choice
    Exactly. Where’s my AA RDT?
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    Communication works.
    It doesn't always have to be this hard, Kabam. But better late than never. Thank you.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,259 ★★★★★
    The announcement has me wondering under what circumstances She-hulk was able to "turn off potential counter-play".
  • OwlkitOwlkit Posts: 61

Hi all,

Thank you, this was a good and appropriate response.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

The announcement has me wondering under what circumstances She-hulk was able to "turn off potential counter-play".

This 3* in LoL where she has no business is a good example.

https://youtu.be/dyzPzj4D24I
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

DickSlug doesn’t discuss “cadence” or speed of attack animations in the articles I provided. I cited those articles because MCOC’s hitboxes/collision detection are one aspect of what Miike referred to as cadence. Here’s a source to support this statement:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/69622/intercepting-is-broken-video-evidence-provided/

The above thread is from May of last year. I posted the thread in the forum’s general discussion section because I wasn’t sure if it was a bug. A moderator moved the thread to the forum’s bug section for “easier tracking”. Fifteen months later and the mechanics discussed in that thread (slow motion video evidence was provided) have not changed. If all champions had the same speed and cadence to their attacks, that bug should have been fixed by now.

That thread discusses an issue with intercept that could be related to hit box mechanics, but it seems to have nothing to do with what I would ordinarily consider to be "cadence." An intercept succeeds or fails generally on a single initial attack. Single attacks do not have a cadence in any normal sense. Cadence refers to the order, timing, and rhythm of a specific set of events that normally occur in a single sequence.

Whether an intercept succeeds or not depends on whether the game registers a hit (which may not match the visuals of the game: that's where hit boxes come into play) and when a hit occurs which entity is determined to have struck the other (which is non-trivial when both entities are attacking simultaneously or near-simultaneously). This would be considered hit box mechanics and collision priority, but not usually cadence.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,259 ★★★★★

This 3* in LoL where she has no business is a good example.

https://youtu.be/dyzPzj4D24I
    That's not turned off. He's fully capable of executing a counter. His counter just sucks.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    How will these rank down tickets work? If you used a 2016 gem will you get a gem back or will you get t5b and t4c allowing you to get even more advantage?
  • Arby0314Arby0314 Posts: 22
    edited August 2019
    If I rank She Hulk up now to try in harder content is it too late to be qualified for the rank down ticket? @Kabam Miike
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

How will these rank down tickets work? If you used a 2016 gem will you get a gem back or will you get t5b and t4c allowing you to get even more advantage?

You will get the catalysts back. Basically turn the gem in to catalysts
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Did anyone catch if multiple tickets will be given or needed if we have her all the way at 5/65 and we want to take her to 3/45 for instance? I personally hadn't put any sig stones into her yet, but an alliance mate has her at sig 200. Hopefully there is a way to recoup sig stones as well.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Well, I'm glad people are happy. I'm still against Tickets on principle, but I'm glad they decided to alleviate peoples' concerns. I just hope it doesn't start another kamikaze of Ticket requests. Lol.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    So only certain ppl will get the tickets and not everyone?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

So only certain ppl will get the tickets and not everyone?

I don't suppose it applies to anyone that hasn't Ranked her before the fix.
This discussion has been closed.