**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

She-Hulk Heavy Speed Bug Fix [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

So only certain ppl will get the tickets and not everyone?

I'm not sure what they mean by "gather a list of players impacted" but since they are creating She-Hulk specific rank down tickets any one who didn't actually rank She Hulk up in the first place wouldn't really have a use for the RDTs being created. The only reason I can think of to make a list of players that already have She Hulk ranked up would be to prevent event exploitation. Meaning: you wouldn't want someone who didn't rank She Hulk up in the first place to take the RDTs, rank up She Hulk for event points then immediately rank her back down.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★

Markjv81 said:

How will these rank down tickets work? If you used a 2016 gem will you get a gem back or will you get t5b and t4c allowing you to get even more advantage?

You will get the catalysts back. Basically turn the gem in to catalysts
    It should be the gem.......
    You would rather have a 2015/16 Gem than use the Cats?
  • Wisdom_of_DoomWisdom_of_Doom Posts: 11
    edited August 2019

I don't suppose it applies to anyone that hasn't Ranked her before the fix.
    Is the fix with the new update? If so can we rank her now?
    It's also possible that they're tailoring a Ticket specifically to Rank her down to Base Level. Not just one Rank. Not sure about 4*s and 3*s. They wouldn't be used in 6.2 anyway.

From what I understand, it's already pushed. As far as feedback in this Thread goes.

From what I understand, it's already pushed. As far as feedback in this Thread goes.
    I can still chain heavies though during combos. Just tested.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★

Don't you really need to share that
  • IcejrIcejr Posts: 431 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    Its True ,
    Don't ignore it

https://youtu.be/UiGPvt9Z3qA
    Zuro said:

I don't understand?
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Arby0314 said:

If I rank She Hulk up now to try in harder content is it too late to be qualified for the rank down ticket? @Kabam Miike

So many players have this mentality. Boggles the mind.

Zuro said:

I don't understand?
    Forget about it
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

You cant in the 24.1.6 update that was forced today. I think it's android only ...

Well, I'm glad people are happy. I'm still against Tickets on principle, but I'm glad they decided to alleviate peoples' concerns. I just hope it doesn't start another kamikaze of Ticket requests. Lol.

When you actually start ranking max champs and taking on difficult content you’ll likely have a better understanding of why this is upsetting.
    Smooth dig. However, my view doesn't change regardless of the Rank. I'm aware of why people are upset. I don't agree with Tickets in general. They're counterproductive. The point is to progress by Ranking everything and anything you can. It all goes into growth for me. Every Ticket we received I used for SA or Level-Up.

DNA3000 said:

I'm not sure what they mean by "gather a list of players impacted" but since they are creating She-Hulk specific rank down tickets any one who didn't actually rank She Hulk up in the first place wouldn't really have a use for the RDTs being created. The only reason I can think of to make a list of players that already have She Hulk ranked up would be to prevent event exploitation. Meaning: you wouldn't want someone who didn't rank She Hulk up in the first place to take the RDTs, rank up She Hulk for event points then immediately rank her back down.
    IMO, that's just a waste of time. Getting a free rank up isn't going to change the game for anyone. Just let ppl buy one (and only one) ticket for every star and level for 1 gold like Seatin said and call it a day. Why spent the man-hours for a total non-issue?
    Having spent the last two days arguing that the justification for giving out RDTs in this specific case comes down to the developers lacking proper rigor when making changes critical to player decisions, I'm unlikely to agree that the solution to the problem should be slapped together as quickly as possible without regard for side effects just because they don't seem particularly important at a glance.

Well, I'm glad people are happy. I'm still against Tickets on principle, but I'm glad they decided to alleviate peoples' concerns. I just hope it doesn't start another kamikaze of Ticket requests. Lol.

When you actually start ranking max champs and taking on difficult content you’ll likely have a better understanding of why this is upsetting.
    You don't have to be mean. This pertains to all star levels not just 5*s. Some people arent at end game level and dont have a lot of rank up materials for 3 stars.

Smooth dig. However, my view doesn't change regardless of the Rank. I'm aware of why people are upset. I don't agree with Tickets in general. They're counterproductive. The point is to progress by Ranking everything and anything you can. It all goes into growth for me. Every Ticket we received I used for SA or Level-Up.
    I felt pretty good about it. Ha. I’m no hater, but it’s the truth. They knew about this for a long time. There is no question about this. One must assume they pay attention to, at the very least, content creator videos. This was known for months. Not a word. So, people ranked up. Now this. Don’t you see any issue with that level of communication?

You don't have to be mean. This pertains to all star levels not just 5*s. Some people arent at end game level and dont have a lot of rank up materials for 3 stars.
    For the record, I’ve always been quite civil with GW. I’m sure he can attest to that. I’m only making informed discourse.

I felt pretty good about it. Ha. I’m no hater, but it’s the truth. They knew about this for a long time. There is no question about this. One must assume they pay attention to, at the very least, content creator videos. This was known for months. Not a word. So, people ranked up. Now this. Don’t you see any issue with that level of communication?
    It was unexpected, sure. They also recognized that and acknowledged it. It was probably one of the factors that made this a unique case.

It was unexpected, sure. They also recognized that and acknowledged it. It was probably one of the factors that made this a unique case.
    Ok, then. Some people spend a lot of time and money on this game. Some of us are the backbone that keeps it alive. Certain things must be approached with the ultimate goal of maintaining a level of trust between those who run the game, and those who make it possible.

And you can still be ranking everything with the resources you get from ranking down SH
    edited August 2019
    Nomad22 said:

Sorry to be THAT guy...but those that ranked she hulk got what they needed and should not be given any compensation unless they are made to do 6.2.6 over again.

I only have her at rank 3, and require no compensation, as I won’t be ranking her down. I also did not use her for The Champion.

So, I’m speaking purely from a point of logic, good relations, respect, and obligation to your consumers.
  • thudd22thudd22 Posts: 27
    I am happy about the rank down ticket news, but I am still curious about those of us that used an awakening gem on her... I took her up to r5 and didn’t want to leave her unduped, because you may as well have your strongest champs at their best... but I will now be taking her back down and would hope there is a way to rectify this as well... thoughts?
    Zuro said:

And you can still be ranking everything with the resources you get from ranking down SH
    Still counterproductive IMO. You make choices, you move on. That's my motto.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

But I find your first paragraph implausible. Why?

Because there’s almost certainly a process for triaging bug fixes, which is what we’ve been told, more or less, in these forums. It seems odd to think that coders just take a look at the list of known and unknown issues and pick a random bug to fix without someone deciding the ones that take priority over others. And if chaining heavies at the end of a combo was a big game issue, this would likely have been a global fix, not a champ-specific one.

And notice it wasn't a global fix or announced as one. All the announcement says is: She-Hulk: Fixed an issue where she could Combo into a Heavy Attack.

The announcement reads like this was a little tweak to She Hulk. Which it might have been to the person who worked on it.
    Fair point. But I think it’s all moot right now. Just logged in to see there’s some sort of news.

Dr. Zola
    Nomad22 said:

Sorry to be THAT guy...but those that ranked she hulk got what they needed and should not be given any compensation unless they are made to do 6.2.6 over again.

This presumes the problem is with that one fight alone. And I'm sure there are a lot of people who believe RDTs are justified for that one fight alone. But if it was just that one fight alone, I would have argued against them. In my opinion RDTs are only justified as a remedy of last resort, when players should be allowed to reverse a rank up decision that was made under unfair conditions. If the game changes organically due to evolution or changing game balance requirements, those are changes the players simply have to roll with. You're told ahead of time such changes can happen. But in this case the players were implicitly told She Hulk's combo mechanics were working correctly, and she was given abilities that played into those mechanics when she was updated explicitly to drive interest in the champion. That's what makes the decision circumstances unfair, and why the only reasonable remedy is to allow players to reconsider that decision.
This discussion has been closed.