**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

She-Hulk Heavy Speed Bug Fix [Title Edited for Clarity]

1282930313234»

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

No Champion should be able to Combo into a Heavy attack with 100% reliability, unless explicitly stated in their Ability description.

This line has been stuck in my head for a few days now, and it doesn't apply to SH or anyone besides Wasp. SH can not "Combo into a Heavy attack with 100% reliability" like Miike says she can. The opponent has to be in the corner and under a bar of power. If you try to do it in the middle of the map they'll back up and if they have a bar of power they'll hit you with a SP1. That is not 100% reliability.
    You are adding extraneous conditions to the meaning of the phrase. That is like saying you cannot 100% reliably damage the opponent if he hits you first. There is some common sense restrictions to the statement that are fairly obvious.

Well, I'm glad people are happy. I'm still against Tickets on principle, but I'm glad they decided to alleviate peoples' concerns. I just hope it doesn't start another kamikaze of Ticket requests. Lol.

When you actually start ranking max champs and taking on difficult content you’ll likely have a better understanding of why this is upsetting.
    Smooth dig. However, my view doesn't change regardless of the Rank. I'm aware of why people are upset. I don't agree with Tickets in general. They're counterproductive. The point is to progress by Ranking everything and anything you can. It all goes into growth for me. Every Ticket we received I used for SA or Level-Up.
    But at a slow pace right? Wouldn’t want to drop below 10 mil gold. You’re opinion and beliefs seem to change depending on what you’re arguing about and who you’re arguing against. I’m also glad people got the right and deserved outcome, commend Kabam on making the logical decision.
    Don’t argue with the troll. It just feeds his ego. KT1 called him out in his video today & said to ignore him & I would agree.
    This comment adds nothing to the discussion, and neither does inciting hatred on YouTube. If people are using that platform to incite hatred on others specifically using that platform, that can and will be dealt with. You're not helping by encouraging it.
    Don’t you start pulling “Off Topic” card. I’ve seen you ruin my discussions that I myself started, with your off topic BS.
    Considering you just jumped in and told people not to argue with "the troll" and referenced a Video slandering me, I'd say you're doing a pretty good job at self-destructing all on your own.
    I just wanted to bring to your attention that you can get into legal trouble by saying someone is slandering you when they aren't. (I'm an attorney)

Slandering means to make false and damaging statements about (someone).

I watched the video and he doesn't mention you by your legal name and you have posted on public forums which makes whatever you post and say public domain to speak about. Also he said to ignore you on the forums which isn't sending people after you to attack it is actually doing the opposite. So I suggest you edit your statement saying he's slandering you as false allegations could be brought up.

With that said I do wish people would leave personal feelings out of the forums. There is no place for it and it doesn't help the atmosphere at all. People are allowed to have opinions even if people think they are wrong. So my advice play nice everyone!
    You can slander/libel someone without mentioning their legal name if it is reasonably understood to be talking about them, and you confirmed that it was reasonably understood to be about him. But this is completely off the original topic.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

Well, I'm glad people are happy. I'm still against Tickets on principle, but I'm glad they decided to alleviate peoples' concerns. I just hope it doesn't start another kamikaze of Ticket requests. Lol.

When you actually start ranking max champs and taking on difficult content you’ll likely have a better understanding of why this is upsetting.
    Smooth dig. However, my view doesn't change regardless of the Rank. I'm aware of why people are upset. I don't agree with Tickets in general. They're counterproductive. The point is to progress by Ranking everything and anything you can. It all goes into growth for me. Every Ticket we received I used for SA or Level-Up.
    But at a slow pace right? Wouldn’t want to drop below 10 mil gold. You’re opinion and beliefs seem to change depending on what you’re arguing about and who you’re arguing against. I’m also glad people got the right and deserved outcome, commend Kabam on making the logical decision.
    Don’t argue with the troll. It just feeds his ego. KT1 called him out in his video today & said to ignore him & I would agree.
    This comment adds nothing to the discussion, and neither does inciting hatred on YouTube. If people are using that platform to incite hatred on others specifically using that platform, that can and will be dealt with. You're not helping by encouraging it.
    Don’t you start pulling “Off Topic” card. I’ve seen you ruin my discussions that I myself started, with your off topic BS.
    Considering you just jumped in and told people not to argue with "the troll" and referenced a Video slandering me, I'd say you're doing a pretty good job at self-destructing all on your own.
    I just wanted to bring to your attention that you can get into legal trouble by saying someone is slandering you when they aren't. (I'm an attorney)

I watched the video and he doesn't mention you by your legal name and you have posted on public forums which makes whatever you post and say public domain to speak about. Also he said to ignore you on the forums which isn't sending people after you to attack it is actually doing the opposite. So I suggest you edit your statement saying he's slandering you as false allegations could be brought up.

With that said I do wish people would leave personal feelings out of the forums. There is no place for it and it doesn't help the atmosphere at all. People are allowed to have opinions even if people think they are wrong. So my advice play nice everyone!
    Yeah we're going to have to disagree on that one. I've been down this road before. My comments ARE on public domain, and when people use them to call me out on a platform such as YouTube and label me a Troll, that has a very specific effect. As a Lawyer, you should probably be more aware of the regulations concerning Online Bullying. When using YouTube, there are rules you need to adhere to. You are responsible for what you say. Your comments have an effect that your Followers carry over. I've dealt with people doing it before, and I will again. It's also not hard to find out who I am, considering I've had my own personal information exploited and passed around as a result of this game. We're not talking a bit of light conversation. The amount of inappropriate behavior I've been through online is enough to build a very strong case to whoever decides to add fuel to that fire. There are no secrets on the Internet. There are still Laws that protect people. More every year.
    Believe me, I know what I'm talking about.
  • Wisdom_of_DoomWisdom_of_Doom Posts: 11
    Lormif said:

You can slander/libel someone without mentioning their legal name if it is reasonably understood to be talking about them, and you confirmed that it was reasonably understood to be about him. But this is completely off the original topic.
    Only if they have a public presence with a follower base. Posting on forums wouldn't legally qualify. A social media channel with a name you go by would trigger it. Just because you can google doesn't mean you know or understand the law. I'm trying to help him understand by saying that statement he could become legally liable as the person he is accusing (on a public forum) does have a social media presence. I'm not sure if he does or not but if they both do it can become a legal issue. I apologize for going off topic but people do need to be careful what they say and do. Next time I will PM. Sorry new to the forums.

Lormif said:

Only if they have a public presence with a follower base. Posting on forums wouldn't legally qualify. A social media channel with a name you go by would trigger it. Just because you can google doesn't mean you know or understand the law. I'm trying to help him understand by saying that statement he could become legally liable as the person he is accusing (on a public forum) does have a social media presence. I'm not sure if he does or not but if they both do it can become a legal issue. I apologize for going off topic but people do need to be careful what they say and do. Next time I will PM. Sorry new to the forums.
    You keep stating stuff that is not a part of the laws..

You need
    1) a false statement
    2) communicated by speech or writing to a person other than the defamed
    3) the communication is unprivileged and tends to harm ones reputation, lowering them in the estimation of the community or deterring others from associating or dealing with him or her.

That is the legal standard for libel/slander, all 3 were met, Not stating the name of the person does not defeat the claim as long as people know who you are talking about, which you already confirmed is the vase. Having a social media presence does not matter, besides what grounded wisdom is saying fails the first of the 3 needed actions.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

You need
    1) a false statement
    3) the communication is unprivileged and tends to harm ones reputation, lowering them in the estimation of the community or deterring others from associating or dealing with him or her.

That is the legal standard for libel/slander, all 3 were met, Not stating the name of the person does not defeat the claim as long as people know who you are talking about, which you already confirmed is the vase. Having a social media presence does not matter, besides what grounded wisdom is saying fails the first of the 3 needed actions.
    So he's fine by your definition because he doesn't violate rule #1.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

You need
    1) a false statement

Grounded is yes, but not sure about the Youtuber, he called grounded a "troll", so it would hinge on if the court found this to be true or not. You may think he is, but that does not make him one.
    edited August 2019
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

You need
    1) a false statement

Grounded is yes, but not sure about the Youtuber, he called grounded a "troll", so it would hinge on if the court found this to be true or not. You may think he is, but that does not make him one.
    No, KT1 is fine. We're literally talking about the legality of a youtuber calling out a forum poster in the She Hulk thread because he brought it up.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

You need
    1) a false statement

No. Personal resentments and opinions do not make something true. Also worth pointing out that responding with the argument that I'm a Troll would prove my case. Lol.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

You need
    1) a false statement

No, KT1 is fine. We're literally talking about the legality of a youtuber calling out a forum poster in the She Hulk thread because he brought it up.
    Can you point out anything grounded has said that is inflammatory or meant specifically to incite the community, which is the definition of trolling? He talks a lot like a lot of us regulars do, but I have yet to see anything that fits that definition.. Most of the times it seems like the definition of trolling on the forms is "he disagreed with me, and I dont like it"
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

You need
    1) a false statement

Can you point out anything grounded has said that is inflammatory or meant specifically to incite the community, which is the definition of trolling? He talks a lot like a lot of us regulars do, but I have yet to see anything that fits that definition.. Most of the times it seems like the definition of trolling on the forms is "he disagreed with me, and I dont like it"
    Sorry, discussing this is off topic and is just derailing the She-Hulk discussion.

Back on topic, It will be interesting to see how they go about giving out the tickets. Will everyone get a different compensation in the mail or will everyone get the same options?
    I did no such thing. I agree with Porthos. We can move on.
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    I really wonder how this differs with drax ability to counter mordo... never saw a rdt for that...
  • IcejrIcejr Posts: 431 ★★★
    @Woody_feder

Same for
    • Arch Angel
    • Domino
    • Dr Voodoo

@Kabam Miike Have any Plan For RDT also for those Champions ?
    Or Its Only For She Hulk

I really wonder how this differs with drax ability to counter mordo... never saw a rdt for that...

• Wisdom_of_DoomWisdom_of_Doom Posts: 11
    I apologize for creating that issue, didn't mean to go off topic was just trying to help someone not make a mistake. I do have a question on rank up tickets though. Is Kabam setting a deadline date for when the champ had to be ranked up? If so what is that date. I want to see if my other accounts qualify as I have recently ranked her up on 2 of my accounts in the past 2 weeks (one was last week)
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    So update her description to allow chaining heavy at the end of the combo. You can still get smacked if opponent is not cornered, unlike wasp. It takes some skill to execute. She has above average utility now and will be back to where she was before the buff from the player’s POV, if your team needs data to see it, enjoy the endless buff-nerf cycle and keep looking at data instead of listening to your player base
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    A big thank you to all of you guys who,for the last two days, didn't back down and eventually made kabam think about some kind of a compensation.
    I r4 my she hulk after I came to know about her heavy chain and she helped me become cavalier and honestly it sucks to see her lose this ability of hers but I guess it is what it is...I was counting on her for the 6.2 champion fight when I finally got the right champs to attempt 6.2 initial run but now I gotta wait for one of the other options but atleast now I can get rankdown ticket for her and use those resources somewhere else
    Again big shoutout to the community for standing strong on this one
This discussion has been closed.