**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sentry Sig Ability Bugged [Resolved]

StarshipHULKStarshipHULK Posts: 188
edited February 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
I tried reporting this but my issue was closed. I didn't have the time to explain several more times and give them videos. Anyone here able to help?

I've been testing this with a maxed out 5/65 sig 200 sentry versus Hyperion in duels and act 6.2.4.

The following things happen:

1. Sentry's ability recovers health after a L3 from hyperion when he survives the attack as normal.
2. Sentry's ability fails to recover health at all after an L3 from hyperion .
3. Sentry's ability recovers health but the state he's in does not change after an L3 from hyperion .
4. Sentry's ability does not recover health and the state he's in does not change a after an L3 from hyperion .
5. Sentry's ability triggers during the special after going below 0%.

I've seen no connection between other aspects of the game. It's seemingly consistent for a while and then random during the next fight.
Post edited by Kabam Boo on

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I tried reporting this but my issue was closed. I didn't have the time to explain several more times and give them videos. Anyone here able to help?

I've been testing this with a maxed out 5/65 sig 200 sentry versus Hyperion in duels and act 6.2.4.

The following things happen:

1. Sentry's ability recovers health after a L3 from hyperion when he survives the attack as normal.
    2. Sentry's ability fails to recover health at all after an L3 from hyperion .
    3. Sentry's ability recovers health but the state he's in does not change after an L3 from hyperion .
    4. Sentry's ability does not recover health and the state he's in does not change a after an L3 from hyperion .
    5. Sentry's ability triggers during the special after going below 0%.

I've seen no connection between other aspects of the game. It's seemingly consistent for a while and then random during the next fight.

I am confused, I am not sure if you have your abilities correct, or if you are stating the issue backwards..

Sentry's Sig ability does not heal him, it has a chance to give him indestructable when he loses a combo and can keep his warps.

The only thing that heals him is Sentry's L3 (and only when below 50% life), but you keep saying after an L3 FROM hyperion

This is the way the ability has always worked for sentry. It doesn't really heal but he loses the life during the L3 and the invulnerable activates and he appears to "gain health", so used the word heal, which is usually what is used for champions when they regain health. But it's not affected by the healing talents so it's probably technically not healing.

So yeah, buggy UI from the beginning but at least it did what stated before. Except if he took too much damage from the L3 he would not activate and he would not regain the health.

Can someone who actually uses sentry comment? ( •̀ᴗ•́ )و ̑̑

Sounds like a bug, that should not heal you, and that the sp3 ability of sentry is being applied to other characters sp3

Lormif I don't understand what you saying. I tested this before I ranked up sentry and have been using him to tank L3's, like Luke cage, for a very long time.

You stated healing not invulnerability. Luke cage does not gain life when he becomes invulnerable.

See how it works for yourself here: Here is a video: https://youtu.be/YZbFe6hX1gs?t=942. 15:42 if the time link doesn't work.

the video states it has a "chance"

Yes, a 100% chance at sig ability 200.

In the video the way that works is he gained back the life that he took in the special, he didnt just regain extra health. If the L3 did not damage him there would be no life recovery.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Imagine having a 5/65 Sentry😫
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,259 ★★★★★
    Hope they get this fixed. I never considered using him as a tank.

• But my 2 cents is it should work like 5 but without the strange health bar changes, to reiterate above. Basically, it should activate at the beginning of an L3 when the combo is lost like Luke Cage who has a similar but not identical ability which activates on attack instead of loss of combo. My argument is being attacked causes the loss of combo and that's how it works outside of tanking an L3 for Sentry as well.

That is exactly the problem. The Bug is simply that he should not lose his health during the L3 animation because he is losing his combo, has one warp and therefore should be indestructible during the whole animation. Losing health bar and gaining it back is the bug. That's why he is getting knocked out with low health.