**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 4 Venom & Juggernaut

BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
I just wanted to let others know that a 5* Iceman works well against the Venom in Act 4 Chapter 3. I first tried my max rank/level 4* Hyperion and he did ok, but Iceman (5*) really handle the battle well. I tried the hardest path by going directly to Venom. So I was very happy to have that path done and that 5* Iceman handled the battle. I should mention he is Rank 3 so I imagine if he was 5/65 he would have only done even better.

I finished my first battle with the infamous Juggernaut of Act 4. I appreciate how much easier he is, but still he is a pain. My question is should I try doing it one more time and take the paths I didn't or just do it multiple times and only take 1 treasure chest?

Feel free to post your thoughts, tips, advice, and suggestions.

Respectfully,

BowTieJohn

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Venom is even easier if you can take his buffs out of the equation. On my secondary account, I soloed him on the short path a couple of weeks back using a 4/40 Mephisto (+Blade synergy). And not with any particular skill required - it turns out that Mephisto is almost as good against Venom as Ronan is.

I think that back in the day, I took three exploratory trips past Slashed-Tires Juggs (not counting the first time, when I greedily took all the chests without realising how the linked nodes worked, and got totally annihilated!).

If you have someone like She-Hulk, or a good Power control option (to minimise episode of Unstoppable), see if you can do it with just two passes. If you don't, and Energy isn't a problem, take 3 or 4.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    I pulled a 5* Sym. Supreme and knocked his a-- out because he gains all those buffs, and that makes me very happy, 😈😈😈

Sym. eats all those buffs an deal massive damage!!!
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

I pulled a 5* Sym. Supreme and knocked his a-- out because he gains all those buffs, and that makes me very happy, 😈😈😈

Will a 3* Symbiote Supreme work or should I see if I can pull a 4* version first?
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★

Will a 3* Symbiote Supreme work or should I see if I can pull a 4* version first?
    it just depends on your skill level, I've seen people do uncollected fights with a 2*
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Against venom?
    Take your 3* duped ronan with ya, rank him to r4, get yourself a bar of power
    Then stun-lock him. Gonna be piece of cake

Juggy? Sorry I forgot the nodes...
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Iirc that juggernaut got a big nerf at some point. The fight used to be a lot harder.
  • TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 613 ★★★

Venom isn't that pain.
    Play defensive for jugg. Just beaware of unstoppable buff...
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    @BowTieJohn I'd just do two juggs runs. Especially if you have a good counter. Here is a tip that still works but used to be amazing back when he had slashed tires. Sadly I didn't know about it until after I was done with him, and he wore me out lol. As far as I know you can still force close the app in act 4 fights without penalty. Just keep restarting the fight until the chaos node power locks him. Then you won't have to deal with unstoppable the rest of the fight (as long as you don't throw a special). Get him in the corner and spam heavy hits.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Beat fire with fire, or in this case, Venom with Venom. Just spam the SP1, eat all his buffs and heal constantly to full health while simultaneously baiting out his SP1. Even the hard path, my R3 5* unawakened Venom destroyed him.

Ghost Rider is also an option, if you wait long enough in the fight you can nullify & fate seal a ton of abilities and go straight to SP2 with MD.

And as someone else also mentioned: Mephisto is an absolute beast. You can chain entrap him for the whole fight with some correct timing and enough souls.
  • Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 244
    TheSaith said:

Venom isn't that pain.
    Play defensive for jugg. Just beaware of unstoppable buff...

Was going to say for both of those fights Ronan stun lock cheeses it. A bit like Anhilus from the Human Torch monthly event. Love fights where Ronan can stun lock.
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    I did it with a 2* rank 1 lvl 1 Ronan duped took me 725 hits on the first try then 650 hits on the second try
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    It took me 5 min
  • Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 348 ★★
    Duped DV is excellent against him. Get to sp1 an just turn all his buffs to poison an melts him.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    Yup. DV eats him alive with poisons.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    You don’t need to do anything except

Bring Ronan duped any level and spam L1
    Bring Magik at a playable level and spam L3
    Bring DV at a playable level and spam L1
    Or
    Bring MS at a decent level and spam L2
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Venom is fairly easy once you get used to his aggressive play style and baiting the sp1
    Just took him out with 2/20 4* Blade (no synergy)
    Helluva long fight: 301 hits.