**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Tips for Variant 2?

AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
Just completed 5.4 last night on an initial run and now I have to try to figure out what to do progression wise while we wait for the next EQ. Thinking of touching variant 2 because I heard it was easier than V1 (not sure how true it is). Just looking for any tips for a single completion run. I know XL champs shine here but that's pretty much it. Not sure if theres any specific champs that really did work in a completion or not. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Xl champs and champs with powerful heavies are the best for it, like domino capiw and Hyperion, one thing I would say is that if you have a ghost or sentinel at 5-50 or above go for v3, that one is quicker and overall easier, v2 has a few difficult fights, and without a gulk 1.3 can be very tough
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Variant 2 is loads easier than Variant 1.

I would suggest posting your top champs/roster so people can advise you. But I would note that Venom shines here, as well as King Groot, Hulk (with Heimdall) and others.

Most important skill is being able to evade YJ Sp1. If you can do that, you’re on your way.

Dr. Zola
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Venom is def an all star for variant2
  • AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Xl champs and champs with powerful heavies are the best for it, like domino capiw and Hyperion, one thing I would say is that if you have a ghost or sentinel at 5-50 or above go for v3, that one is quicker and overall easier, v2 has a few difficult fights, and without a gulk 1.3 can be very tough

Luckily I do have a 6 star ghulk so that part should be relatively easy if hes a requirement for it.
  • Was525Was525 Posts: 98
    Domino trinity and spam dominos heavy. Venom,gulk
    DrZola said:

Variant 2 is loads easier than Variant 1.

I would suggest posting your top champs/roster so people can advise you. But I would note that Venom shines here, as well as King Groot, Hulk (with Heimdall) and others.

Most important skill is being able to evade YJ Sp1. If you can do that, you’re on your way.

Dr. Zola

Here is the general top of the roster.
    MikeHock said:

Venom is def an all star for variant2

Only have a baby venom. :(
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    I used 5* r4 og hulk with thor, heimdal for synergies and sentinel and gulk for backup. Looking back, could've go with something else like energy buff for hulk, just stunlock as long as you can, 2 indestructible synergies worth prolonged duration

Also the thing with all his synergies might be even better.