Champion Spotlight - Black Widow (Claire Voyant)

Comments

• Jestress said:

Will she be able to chain into a heavy attack from a combo?

As we've previously mentioned a few other places, no Champion is intended to be able to safely chain a combo into a Heavy Attack unless they have an ability that explicitly states otherwise, as is the case with Wasp.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 2,393 ★★★★
    @Kabam Zibiit are the numbers based on the 4* or 5*?
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 762 ★★★
    I wonder how annoying she'll be on a biohazard node. I mean, you're kind of required to bring an immunities champ there, so she'll gain charges like crazy.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    edited September 1
    MCOC Team said:

Clairvoyance Charge - Passive

• Claire starts with 3 charges. Each time she or her Opponent are immune to any effect, or an immunity Purifies a pre-existing effect, she gains 1 charge and 4% of her max Power

WEAKNESSES
    • Opponents Who Aren’t Immune
    • Claire really needs her Clairvoyance charges to hit her true potential, Opponent’s who aren’t immune to one of her 3 different Debuffs can be annoying to fight since building those charges will be much more difficult.

I find your use of the word Purify here a little confusing - presumably you meant 'prevent'?

I ask because 'Purify' is what skill sentinels do, and what Bishop does with bleed debuffs; although it seems to have become a catch-all term for those (mainly Skill) champs who shrug off or convert debuffs. They've been punished by design, by champs like Sunspot and Havok.

Could you possibly clarify then, are clairvoyance charges only triggered by an immunity?

How (if at all) does this clairvoyance ability affect champions who shrug off or convert debuffs? They aren't 'immune', but some of them 'Purify'. Some do Tenacity, and some convert. And I'm not clear which of these abilities are considered 'Purifying' debuffs, and which aren't.

Thanks.
  • TheDuke899TheDuke899 Posts: 103

I wonder how annoying she'll be on a biohazard node. I mean, you're kind of required to bring an immunities champ there, so she'll gain charges like crazy.

Then just "Quake" her 🤣
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 207
    Definitely saw it as “Seatin” instead of “Satan”.
  • sunsparksunspark Posts: 2
    Seems like we could finally be in for a good mystic :)
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 495 ★★★

Omega says hi
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 1,974 ★★★
    Damage seems low. Hopefully she isn't as bad as Diablo or EM
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 639 ★★★

I don’t know why people keep saying this. She has the highest attack in the game, plus she has DOT.

I don’t know why people keep saying this. She has the highest attack in the game, plus she has DOT.
    DOT is low. 50 energy damage. That's low.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 762 ★★★
    I think the DoT is more meant for when it doesn’t work due to immunities. They did the same thing with Namor and his bleeds. Since you want the defender to be immune to fuel your charges, non-immune champions shouldn’t also be weak to her DoT, so it’s just there for the sake of existing
    edited September 3
    Spider’s Bite - with Black Widow - 3-Stars and higher - Unique Synergy
    Black Widow (Claire Voyant): While Death Touch is active, all attacks reduce the Opponent’s chance of triggering their abilities by 50%.
    Black Widow: Activating a special attack grants a Fury Buff increasing Attack Rating by 20% for 6 seconds.
    Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate Synergies
    This looks pretty good!
  • WarHawk_Taz_1WarHawk_Taz_1 Posts: 211
    edited September 3
    It's more like a nerfed Scarlet Witch with immunities ;)
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 1,491 ★★★
    edited September 3
    Idk about y’all but her utility is awesome immune to incinerate, bleed and poison plus her regen off her special 2 is like the old dr.strange you can go from 10% health to 70-90% she gonna clear so much content without the need of using potions or revives I hope I get her I’ll rank her up right away
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 2,393 ★★★★
    Seems like a great champ, immunities power control arguably the strongest regen in game, and with suicides her damage isn’t half bad, looks like we are getting our first solid mystic in nearly a year
  • Grid456Grid456 Posts: 11
    Does this mean the debuffs from medium- ending combo/heavy can only be applied after special 1? Is there a time limit then?
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 307 ★★
    Damage isn't crazy, but her utility makes up for it. She seems somewhat circumstantial to be really strong (your opponents have immunities), but she's got some of the best and most accessible regen in the game, plus decent power control, immunities, and OK damage. Plus some buff management.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 1,541 ★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

2 things that concern me. The community needs the answers for these.
    As you are aware, there are 2 nodes in the game that relate to 'instant death' (maybe more but I don't remember them right now).

I don't remember their names but I remember the MEANING of their descriptions;

1) Opponent gains a Death Touch for X seconds after launching their special attack. When they touch you even if you're blocking the hit, you are dead.
    2) Opponent's SP3 will instantly knock you out.

Will this new champ's Sig ability helps her to survive these nodes?
    It won't be the same case as CG's guaranteed crit hit VS. cannot be critical node where the latter will always triumph, right?

(Minor) Aspect of Death I believe is the node you are thinking of and that’s a good question.
    Aspect of Death doesnt kill you if you block attacks its states successful ones from the defender lol
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

V1PER1987 said:

2 things that concern me. The community needs the answers for these.
    As you are aware, there are 2 nodes in the game that relate to 'instant death' (maybe more but I don't remember them right now).

I don't remember their names but I remember the MEANING of their descriptions;

1) Opponent gains a Death Touch for X seconds after launching their special attack. When they touch you even if you're blocking the hit, you are dead.
    2) Opponent's SP3 will instantly knock you out.

Will this new champ's Sig ability helps her to survive these nodes?
    It won't be the same case as CG's guaranteed crit hit VS. cannot be critical node where the latter will always triumph, right?

(Minor) Aspect of Death I believe is the node you are thinking of and that’s a good question.
    Aspect of Death doesnt kill you if you block attacks its states successful ones from the defender lol
    Well there’s one that knocks you out on L3. Either way the question is still valid.
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 86
    Can she use her signature ability multiple times per fight? As in, get Death Touch via sp3, use it to withstand a killing blow, get Death Touch again via sp3 and prevent her from dying again?

I assume this is the case because it doesn't say just one time, but would like confirmation please. Thanks.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 158
    I have a question: i fought her in the side quest (epic and master) and she was able to apply 3 debuffs with her SP1 even if i dexed or blocked it. Not a big problem because the damage is so low that Willpower actually healed me, but i would still like to know if she is working as intended... i really hope so :)

thanks in advance for the reply ^_^
  • I have a question: i fought her in the side quest (epic and master) and she was able to apply 3 debuffs with her SP1 even if i dexed or blocked it. Not a big problem because the damage is so low that Willpower actually healed me, but i would still like to know if she is working as intended... i really hope so :)

Her SP1 and Heavy Attack will apply the Debuffs whenever they are activated, even if they don't hit. Her Medium Attacks will need to actually hit the opponent to apply the Debuff though.
  • What are you guys talking about? 1 mystic champions are probably the weakest class right now for whats available so we desperately need more mystics. 2 have you considered her paired with blade holy trinity? Blade and SS would become more of a monster, while Ghost Rider who has great sustainability and utility would become a decent hitter as well. Need to test her out but on paper seems like a worth wild mystic which we have not seen since Sym Supreme.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    So her basic attacks aren’t energy based? This is really odd considering the animations.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 333 ★★★

I have a question: i fought her in the side quest (epic and master) and she was able to apply 3 debuffs with her SP1 even if i dexed or blocked it. Not a big problem because the damage is so low that Willpower actually healed me, but i would still like to know if she is working as intended... i really hope so :)

Her SP1 and Heavy Attack will apply the Debuffs whenever they are activated, even if they don't hit. Her Medium Attacks will need to actually hit the opponent to apply the Debuff though.
    Are her debuffs based on her attack or do they scale with buffs?
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 333 ★★★
    I think there is an issue with her nullify against unstoppable buffs, even after she nullifies unstoppable the opponent with a light or medium hit the opponent is able to counter as if he is still unstoppable
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 100
    MCOC Team said:

Clairvoyance Charge - Passive

• Claire starts with 3 charges. Each time she or her Opponent are immune to any effect, or an immunity Purifies a pre-existing effect, she gains 1 charge and 4% of her max Power. Charges stack up to 20.
    Can we get some clarification on how this works with regard to an immunity purifying a pre-existing effect? On paper, it seems if the champion gains an immunity that causes them to shrug a debuff it should give Claire charge/power.

Tested this by applying bleed to Emma Frost, then pushing her to diamond form. Also tested placing bleed vs Mighty Charge node (defender becomes debuff-immune while dashing forward). Neither of these appear to give Claire charges. Is this bugged? Or did I not parse the description correctly?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 1,910 ★★★★★
    Rotelly said:

I think there is an issue with her nullify against unstoppable buffs, even after she nullifies unstoppable the opponent with a light or medium hit the opponent is able to counter as if he is still unstoppable

I saw this as well. Cap Beardo nullified and doesn't get hit, why does Claire?