**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unawakening Gem and Sig Stone Vacuum

I believe I’m part of a rarer group of She-Hulk rankers, wherein, I took my She-Hulk to r5 and awakened her after understanding her capabilities with her unintended ability to chain heavies in the corner. I’m happy with the RDT discussion, but would like to start a discussion of something we have not seen at any point in MCOC: “unawakening gems.” I ranked my She-Hulk to r5 because of the unintended ability, and I also awakened her because I want to get the most out of my r5s, as most do. This said, I know that I’m going take her down in ranks, but would also like the option to receive my 5* Science AG and the stones I plugged into her (all of 13 total) back into my inventory. I believe that this would not be a fair request if there were any natural duplication sig levels on her, but in my case, there are not. If this ability is leaving her, my intentions of having her at her strongest (awakened) have changed, as a direct result of the fix to her abilities. Again, I realize this has never been an option in-game, but the select few of us that followed this path should have the ability to recuperate ALL of the resources used on her while her unintended ability was in play. This is considerably trickier than the option to buy an RDT for 1 gold, as suggested by Seatin, but I believe that perhaps each individual in my situation could put in a request ticket where Kabam could access our use of these items and deposit them back into our accounts... Thoughts? Does this not seem fair?

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Maldroit2 said:

Considering that her awakened ability has nothing to do with heavy chaining, I do not think we need un Awakening gems or "sig stone vacuums". I think the rank down tickets are bad enough, but this would be too much.

What do you mean rank down tickets are bad enough?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Maldroit2 said:

Considering that her awakened ability has nothing to do with heavy chaining, I do not think we need un Awakening gems or "sig stone vacuums". I think the rank down tickets are bad enough, but this would be too much.

I believe the OP disagrees with giving them.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Maldroit2 said:

No, the OP is in favour of them, but he also believes a lot of people awakened her due to her heavy mechanic.

So he’s asking for the gem back and sig stones
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Maldroit2 said:

No, the OP is in favour of them, but he also believes a lot of people awakened her due to her heavy mechanic.

So he’s asking for the gem back and sig stones
    I meant the OP who stated it was bad enough. OP of the comment. :)
  • VartoxVartox Posts: 202
    edited August 2019
    Maldroit2 said:

You don't feel the people who leveled her just for the mechanic should be compensated or just against tank down tickets? From your comment I understood the former. How would you rectify it without rank down tickets?
  • VartoxVartox Posts: 202
    Just realized I typred tank down, I obviously meant rank down
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    Considering that her sig ability has nothing to do with the mechanic being changed, I don't see the relevancy of what you are asking for.

I 100%ed act 5 this week, days before the she hulk "fix" was announced. I pulled a science AG and briefly considered using it on her. Since I saw no added value in her awakened ability, I decided against it.

Sounds like you made an impulsive decision, which is unfortunate, but it is still unrelated to the issue of which we are being offered compensation for.
  • thudd22thudd22 Posts: 27
    phil56201 said:

Considering that her sig ability has nothing to do with the mechanic being changed, I don't see the relevancy of what you are asking for.

I 100%ed act 5 this week, days before the she hulk "fix" was announced. I pulled a science AG and briefly considered using it on her. Since I saw no added value in her awakened ability, I decided against it.

Sounds like you made an impulsive decision, which is unfortunate, but it is still unrelated to the issue of which we are being offered compensation for.

It’s “impulsive” to want to have your r5 champs at their best? Strange adjective choice IMO.

Again, the relevancy lies in the fact that she is losing value and because of that, both the rank up and awakening have lost value. No one would argue that she will be as valuable after this change. We used resources with the value she /had/ in mind. Regardless of the resource, the value has decreased because her value has decreased.
    edited August 2019
    thudd22 said:

phil56201 said:

It’s “impulsive” to want to have your r5 champs at their best? Strange adjective choice IMO.

Again, the relevancy lies in the fact that she is losing value and because of that, both the rank up and awakening have lost value. No one would argue that she will be as valuable after this change. We used resources with the value she /had/ in mind. Regardless of the resource, the value has decreased because her value has decreased.
    One doesnt have anything to do with the other. I have several r4's, that I will take to r5 despite being unawakened and yet having the means to awaken them. So yeah, I'd call it an impulsive decision. Gonna have to live with that one.

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I see both sides. But I side more with her awakened ability doesn’t effect her chain stun. That’s something she was already built with after her fix awakened or not.

I don’t think it merits unawakening gem but that’s my opinion.
    @phil56201 if I have to live with it, I will. I still am really struggling to grasp your use of “impulsive”... Agree to disagree, semantics aren’t worth arguing over🤷🏻‍♂️ Congrats on Act 5 100%👍🏼
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    I def agree with both in certain ways. He took her to r5 because of the game mechanic to chain heavy and SINCE he was taking her to r5 he awakened her to maximize her value. If the game mechanic wasn’t there or he knew it would be removed he would neither have taken her to r4/5 or awakened her. He wouldn’t have used the gem on and r3 she hulk he never planned to rank up. So while the gem doesn’t relate directly to what’s being nerfed/fixed it was ONLY used because he was ranking her up for that specific mechanic. I def understand both sides... the whole situation isn’t fair... absolutely needed to issue rank down tickets though... don’t give a flying **** if it wasn’t intended, it existed for over 3 years and they knew it existed even if they deny it. Sorry but an unintended ability that exists for over 3 YEARS is grandfathered in or rank down tickets are needed. It’s unreasonable to ask players to examine of everything a champ does is intended when they’ve been doing it for the better part of a half decade... is that resonating? Poor testing or lack of testing isn’t the players fault. You got 3 years to test abilities to see if there’s any unintended mechanics and don’t? Then guess what? Either need to leave it as is or issue a rank down ticket specific to that champ. I will say I also understand if they decide not to return awaken and sig stones.

🐻
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    thudd22 said:

@phil56201 if I have to live with it, I will. I still am really struggling to grasp your use of “impulsive”... Agree to disagree, semantics aren’t worth arguing over🤷🏻‍♂️ Congrats on Act 5 100%👍🏼

I think what he means is that for most people, if they have a science awakening gem and an R4 She-Hulk, an R4 unawakened CapIW and an R4 unawakened Void, it's safe to say most people would awaken either CapIW or Void before awakening She-Hulk.
  • XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    @thudd2 ...I get it ...U believe that because U used resources to rank/awaken SH based on the her abilities at the time & now those abilities will be changed U want a "Full" refund...I don't see an issue w/ that … however u are dealing w/ an industry as a whole which displays a certain lack of willingness to provide "exceptional" customer service & a MCOC community that seems more than willing to accept that paradigm … therefore I would say just be happy for the proposed RDT...just my thoughts.
    Xdonre said:

@thudd2 ...I get it ...U believe that because U used resources to rank/awaken SH based on the her abilities at the time & now those abilities will be changed U want a "Full" refund...I don't see an issue w/ that … however u are dealing w/ an industry as a whole which displays a certain lack of willingness to provide "exceptional" customer service & a MCOC community that seems more than willing to accept that paradigm … therefore I would say just be happy for the proposed RDT...just my thoughts.

I don't know if it has anything to do with a lack of customer service. I think it's to do with fairness to everyone else involved in the game as a whole.

It costs nothing for them to give out awakening gems, but is a fair thing to do?
    I’m glad to see some organic discussion in here, all around!
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    I'm not a fan of rank down tickets in general but in the case of shehulk I'm in agreement on their use. I say this because of the way the change was made. It was a feature built (perhaps unintentionally but who knows after 4 years) into her and left as a non issue until she was found to be cheesing content because of it. She was then listed as bugged and being patched in a 1 line footnote for the upcoming update. There was also a thread started at the beginning of August about her randomly not being able to chain heavies that was never responded to by anyone from kabam stating this was never an intended ability. Because of these and a few other reasons I can agree with the rank down tickets.
    To the original topic of this post I don't see a reason to unawaken any champ. Even with the 12.0 update that severely neutered some champs this was never offered and those nerfs tied directly into their sig ability.
    Before I get destroyed on here for not supporting rank down tickets in general. I don't like the idea of how badly they could imbalance the game if they were freely handed out as often as they are requested or under anything outside the most extreme circumstances. Yes it would be great for many accounts to be able to reinvest those resources into their newest op champ they have but for the higher accounts you would be giving them the ability to even more quickly widen the gap between the top tier and middle tier that is so often brought up. Resources are scarce for rankups but should we really make it easier for the elite to reinvest those resources into 6* champs with every 5* rankdown ticket people ask for.
    thudd22 said:

What Japam12345 said. That pretty much is exactly what I meant. I'm just super frugal on my AGs and never use them lightly and without much consideration.

Sorry to hear you are having regrets with your she hulk rankup. I, myself ranked her since she was reworked, but I will not be ranking mine down, as I find her damage plus utility for unstoppable and evade to be very useful for me in many parts of the game, including my completion of act 5 last week.

Wasn't even aware of the chain stun thing until a month or so back to be perfectly honest, and I had trouble with it being consistent anyway so it's not much of a loss to lose an ability I didn't even use that much.

But thank you for your congratulations on my act 5 triumph.

I think what he means is that for most people, if they have a science awakening gem and an R4 She-Hulk, an R4 unawakened CapIW and an R4 unawakened Void, it's safe to say most people would awaken either CapIW or Void before awakening She-Hulk.

That's what I meant. And I don't have either CapIW or Void, but I'm hanging onto my science AG in the hopes that I pull one or the other (hopefully both) someday.

Dshu said:

I'm not a fan of rank down tickets in general but in the case of shehulk I'm in agreement on their use. I say this because of the way the change was made. It was a feature built (perhaps unintentionally but who knows after 4 years) into her and left as a non issue until she was found to be cheesing content because of it. She was then listed as bugged and being patched in a 1 line footnote for the upcoming update. There was also a thread started at the beginning of August about her randomly not being able to chain heavies that was never responded to by anyone from kabam stating this was never an intended ability. Because of these and a few other reasons I can agree with the rank down tickets.
    To the original topic of this post I don't see a reason to unawaken any champ. Even with the 12.0 update that severely neutered some champs this was never offered and those nerfs tied directly into their sig ability.
    Before I get destroyed on here for not supporting rank down tickets in general. I don't like the idea of how badly they could imbalance the game if they were freely handed out as often as they are requested or under anything outside the most extreme circumstances. Yes it would be great for many accounts to be able to reinvest those resources into their newest op champ they have but for the higher accounts you would be giving them the ability to even more quickly widen the gap between the top tier and middle tier that is so often brought up. Resources are scarce for rankups but should we really make it easier for the elite to reinvest those resources into 6* champs with every 5* rankdown ticket people ask for.

No.
    @Dshu I think a lot of what you said makes plenty of sense!

Dshu said:

No.
    Meant to say No we shouldnt.. answering the question in the last papragraph.
    @phil56201 I see what you’re saying now. Personally, SH is my 8th r5 and I’ve got the materials for another 2, minus the t2a. SH won’t ever impact my prestige, but I wanted her at her best since I took her to r5. I thought about the decision for a while, which is why I wouldn’t call it impulsive. Would I like to have that gem back, now that I know I won’t keep her at r5? Of course. Will it kill me and my account? No. I do like how someone else framed it as a “full refund.” To me that makes sense, given my intentions with the champion, however I understand the opposition.
  • XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    IMO it a minutiae point what the community thought, what the community did or what the community did not do ... IMO the most important issue is what Kabam did ... Kabam basically put a defective product on the market (because as they alluded to, SH was not working as "they" expected)… which seems very strange since she was recently re-worked...therefore Kabam should have been very aware of her current abilities... but back to the topic ... since Kabam has publicly stated they would at some undetermined time provide said compensation each individual must decide if that compensation satisfies their expectations... & those expectations will be different for each summoner.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    I don't think some of the folks who don't understand why this is a concern are very experienced in the game. Of course you want your r5 champ to be awakened and at high sig. Especially if they happen to be in your top 5 (prestige). Yes, I understand she has low prestige, but either way, that's irrelevant. The resources were spent on her and they should have an opportunity to get them back.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    I personally do not need any gems or sig stones back for her. Mine is at sig 40 naturally from dupes and she is not in my top 5. I do have an alliance mate who took her to sig 200 though. He should be able to reinvest any sig stones into a different champ, especially if he decides to rank her down. Who wants a sig 200 r3 or r4 champ? I would however like the ability to take her from r5 back down to r3 if I choose (the ability to reduce by more than one rank). I may decide to keep her at r4, but it would certainly be fair to have the option as it's already been determined that we had no knowledge that this ability was unintended at the time of investing in her.