**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How do you deal with a long period of time of only getting arena fodder champ?

TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
Its been 3 months since the last time I got a champ that wasnt only used in arena. Since then I have only gotten hyperion as a 4 star just a few days back but its getting very frustrating not getting any exciting champs. I have explored every new content except for Act 6 and have completed most milestones in arena. I have also spent the majority of my units on cavalier crystals so I can get more 5 stars for Act 6 but so far no luck after maybe 30 or so cav crystals. I am getting very bored of the game and stuck until I get new champs so whats the solution?

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I stop caring about them so when I DO open an awesome one, it makes my week.
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    You run the arena:)
  • XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    I definitely can relate...the majority of my pulls are dreadful especially since I am an intermediate player... therefore opening 4* & 5 * crystals takes quite a bit of grinding & spending...I don't have a problem stating this because I am not going to pretend that I play MCOC for the RNG aspect …. in truth my major dislike of the game is the over abundant RNG aspect ... just my thoughts.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★

I stop caring about them so when I DO open an awesome one, it makes my week.

Same here. Don't have too much expectation about what you'll get. Less expectations = less disappointment.
  • Mr_MMr_M Posts: 35

I honestly get frustrated for approximately ten seconds before I'm over it. I could not even tell you who my last 20 5-Star champions were even if I tried simply because they have all been on Hulkbuster/Juggernaut level of uselessness. It's not like you can do anything about the champions you pull; wait for your next crystal because it might just be a god tier pull.

I actually started being so convinced that every crystal I pulled was terrible that I started a spread sheet to track my pulls. Every 5 or 6* champ I open goes into the sheet.

It helps me recognize that often I forget when that awesome champ came to my account. It's all to easy to get wrapped up the fact that so many new and amazing champs are added so quickly. But tracking it means I can look back over and recognize that it's not as bad as it seems.

That and I will say, and I know it's total rng, but man I feel like I have better pulls when I hoard shards and open in batches rather than 1 offs. My data even correlates that, but correlation does not imply causation
  • By doing more arena and opening more Crystal's so your rng luck betters with a higher quantity of crystal pulls
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    Sorry i got lost among the fact Warlock was talking to himself for a bit lol
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    I come on here and read all the complaint threads. Then I feel much better.
  • TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 628 ★★★
    I don't get frustrated.. 😝.. I enjoy playing with all champs
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Just keep swimming
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    good advice from @DrZola there.

Preparing for disappointment in advance is pretty key.

By the time you're in the late game, your roster will usually be such that probably 70% of the champions are unlikely to make a major difference to your team.

So you just have to expect that the majority of the time, whatever you pull won't achieve all that much for you. Make the most of what you do have, to have fun rather than feeling the need to climb every mountain, ford every stream, etc.
  • Battle_GreninjaBattle_Greninja Posts: 327 ★★
    I don't care what I got.
    I only play with what I have and I play for fun when I stop enjoying I stop playing.
    Simple.
  • MassapealMassapeal Posts: 143
    I took up knitting.