**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are you happy with the She-Hulk rank down compensation?

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

-sixate- said:

Will definitely rank mine down. Never would have taken her up in the first place if it wasn't for her heavy action.

Is Kabam going to fix all the others that can end a combo with a heavy too?

If that is the only reason you ranked her up then you dont deserve the chance to rank her down.
    Umm... players have the right to rank up a Champion for any reason they want. Free country, thank you very much.
    Ok and Kabam gas the right to deny you compensation for any change they make.
    Why would you think that?
    Well it is their game. They can kinda do whatever they want. Won't say it's right or there won't be consequences but there's not really anything you can do besides stop playing
    So if I go to McDonalds & get a burger with an partly uncooked, can I not request a refund because it is their product?
    Sure you can request anything you want. That doesn't mean you'll get it.
    This isn't necessarily the same thing though. This is more like buying a cable package and getting extra channels that weren't included in the package description. Then once they realize it was happening, they removed the channels.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

-sixate- said:

Will definitely rank mine down. Never would have taken her up in the first place if it wasn't for her heavy action.

If that is the only reason you ranked her up then you dont deserve the chance to rank her down.
    Umm... players have the right to rank up a Champion for any reason they want. Free country, thank you very much.
    Well it is their game. They can kinda do whatever they want. Won't say it's right or there won't be consequences but there's not really anything you can do besides stop playing
    So if I go to McDonalds & get a burger with an partly uncooked, can I not request a refund because it is their product?
    You can ask for a refund but McDonalds can also refuse to give you one. Just like you can ask for anything from Kabam but they can and often do refuse to give it to you.

Also, there are laws that govern tangible product sales that are completely inapplicable to services like online games. A partially uncooked hamburger is unfit for consumption, but online games are subject to change at any time as a natural part of their business. You're required to agree with this when you agree to play the game, so no player of MCOC can legally claim to not agree. If they do, they'd be guilty of theft of service.

The business decides what product or service they offer, and the customer chooses whether to buy it or not. If a gourmet burger joint explicitly posts notice that they only cook their burgers to medium rare, and you demand a refund after you buy a burger and decide it is undercooked, they have every right to deny your request and ask you to leave.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

-sixate- said:

And they bent the knee and gave us a rank down ticket. What's your point? You lost, the rank down ticket is coming whether it was just because of the heavies or not.
    Unfortunately Kabam decided to make this move probably so the community would be satisfied but their mistake is not remembering the community constantly wants something to cry
    about.
    You're crying right now. Seems to me that you're no different.
    I'm not crying I simply stating that I don't think the RDTs should of been given out you are just lashing out at me because I am not agreeing with you.

-sixate- said:

It is their game they can run it however they want. The community (myself included) may not like it but that's the way it is.
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    Will never be happy with Kabam
    They explicitly state in the TOS , It’s their game , we don’t really buy anything , and they can change anything anytime they want

After knowing all this , I still don’t understand why people make purchases ?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Okay, that's a bit unfair. They don't treat their customers that poorly. I don't know of a single game off the top of my head that not only takes in feedback and suggestions as much, but also gives copious amounts of free swag on a regular basis. People can be blase, they can even be bitter, but they can't argue that the game doesn't consider its Players. They acknowledged that they could have communicated that there was an issue earlier in their process and said they would work on that. However, saying they're just deceptive and they treat people horribly is just dramatic. That may be how you feel, and I don't debate feelings, but that doesn't make it a reality.

-sixate- said:

DNA3000 said:

-sixate- said:

You can ask for a refund but McDonalds can also refuse to give you one. Just like you can ask for anything from Kabam but they can and often do refuse to give it to you.

Also, there are laws that govern tangible product sales that are completely inapplicable to services like online games. A partially uncooked hamburger is unfit for consumption, but online games are subject to change at any time as a natural part of their business. You're required to agree with this when you agree to play the game, so no player of MCOC can legally claim to not agree. If they do, they'd be guilty of theft of service.

The business decides what product or service they offer, and the customer chooses whether to buy it or not. If a gourmet burger joint explicitly posts notice that they only cook their burgers to medium rare, and you demand a refund after you buy a burger and decide it is undercooked, they have every right to deny your request and ask you to leave.

-sixate- said:

It is their game they can run it however they want. The community (myself included) may not like it but that's the way it is.
    Obviously, that’s true. Companies can refuse to refund their customers at any time. That however, is completely unethical & terrible for business. When players got mad at Kabam for nerving She-Hulk, & at 1st not wanting to compensate, nobody was saying how it’s illegal or anything. We were all saying how Kabam is a shady company that treats their players extremely poorly. Just because something is legal or allowed, doesn’t make it ok.
    If she didn't bypass one specific fight in the game there would have been like 6 people whinging about her being changed. The fact she bypassed an incredibly difficult fight that a large portion of people don't want to learn to clear without being able to cheese caused a huge reaction.

Other changes were made in the game after champs were explicitly stated to be working correctly and there wasn't a quarter of the backlash. They just didn't happen to bypass the right thing so the people who were affected by the change never got the option that those who ranked she hulk did. Take your win, regroup, and figure out another way to clear 6.2.6

-sixate- said:

DNA3000 said:

-sixate- said:

-sixate- said:

Obviously, that’s true. Companies can refuse to refund their customers at any time. That however, is completely unethical & terrible for business. When players got mad at Kabam for nerving She-Hulk, & at 1st not wanting to compensate, nobody was saying how it’s illegal or anything. We were all saying how Kabam is a shady company that treats their players extremely poorly. Just because something is legal or allowed, doesn’t make it ok.
    Well I can say the same about what you said
    -.-
  • FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    The choices on this poll reflect someone who has zero perspective on this issue. Leave polls like these to people who fully understand it please. This doesn't help anyone.
    No one said she was totally broken and too OP. She was broken because she wasn't meant to chain the Heavy in that way, and the issue is people were cheesing The Champion with it. I'm not sure why you keep trying to stir up the issue, but it's been addressed.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    It's fair should have come sooner

-sixate- said:

Of course! That was what made her amazing! Why would I rank up a **** champ? Maybe you like to. I don't. I ranked up Ghost to R5 cause she's a monster. Should I have taken Hulkbuster to R5 instead?

And they need to fix all others that can end a combo with a heavy too. They clearly stated only Wasp should have that ability. If they don't change the others they are liars!
    I'm not saying you can't talk about it. I can't control others and I've never been one to argue someone's presence. There's enough of that towards me. I'm just saying the tone is coming across as confrontational is all.
  • BriceMiesterBriceMiester Posts: 278
    I'm not sure I've ever seen such backlash over a change, I dont know why they dont just cancel the change that seems to have pissed off half the community that pays their wages, they seem to have no solution for changes that negatively impact gameplay but something like this they had no problem changing it
    Why not just buff up She Hulk and add it as an Ability, it's not like it doesnt take skill and timing to get it right and it's not making her indestructible like some Nodes that have been added to the games champs

Those Nodes recently Added are supposed to be Interactive and Fun they're more Counteractive and Put the F U in FUN
    DNA3000 said:

Neotwism said:

They should make it simply that if any champ or description is altered a champ specific RDT is offered. That way ppl know they wont get screwed by future changes.

Rarely do I use the phrase, but that would be literally game breaking. Champions are always going to be altered in some way either directly or indirectly and if players were allowed to constantly reverse their rank up decisions every time a change was made, the game itself would be rendered pointless.

It is very important that resources that are spent can't be respent. This acts to counterbalance the otherwise overwhelming advantage veteran players have. Once you have enough resources to fully rank up a few full teams of champions you'll pretty much always be ahead of everyone else forever. A free to play game that allowed that would literally die by making it pointless for new players to join.

RDTs are extremely dangerous for that reason. But they have to exist to be the solution of last resort, because sometimes allowing this respending is unavoidable. Specifically, when those player decisions were not made under properly informed conditions. That's why there's no "consistency" to them: they have to be given out on a case by case basis when all other options don't work. In this case, in my opinion the situation warranted them not because a champ was nerfed: champs get nerfed all the time. The problem here is that the champion update explicitly intended to make the champion more attractive added abilities that were entangled with She Hulk's ability to combo into heavies. In that that connects to two separate abilities: her ability to maintain passive furies (by allowing combos into heavies you significantly improve the ability to pace defender power increases and special baiting) and her ability to shut down unstoppable. Combined with the fact that there's no specific reason to believe this interaction was unintentional and the fact that it was publicly demonstrable made She Hulk rank up decisions tainted by misinformation.

You're explicitly told when you play the game that the game will change. You're supposed to factor that into your rank up decisions and you have no guarantee those decisions will always be optional. In fact they are very likely to be superceded eventually. But there's a difference between the game changing organically in ways that can't be predicted, and the game changing because of a developer error that encouraged the players to make specific decisions. That's the line that is crossed here and makes RDTs the only reasonable option to address that issue.
    To make it not game breaking offer the rank downs to players that havent yet completed uncollected, that way you dont have crazy powerful players able to change choices, they already have crazy rosters and with the uncollected perks they dont need any more help
    -sixate- said:

-sixate- said:

Of course! That was what made her amazing! Why would I rank up a **** champ? Maybe you like to. I don't. I ranked up Ghost to R5 cause she's a monster. Should I have taken Hulkbuster to R5 instead?

And they need to fix all others that can end a combo with a heavy too. They clearly stated only Wasp should have that ability. If they don't change the others they are liars!
    So you called her **** champ but ranked her up that's all I need to know.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Indifferent happy either way
    IMHO, the change wasn't that great of a magnitude to warrant a RDT. If you take a look at She-Hulk, she's still a beast without it. And is there really someone in the room who can honestly say they only ranked-up She-Hulk because she could chain a heavy instead of a medium? No, nobody can. I decided to rank-up mine because her sig ability is awesome, her SP2 has great utility and building up Fury passives makes her a fright train. I do not believe the people who asked for RDT's were acting in good faith. I think some deliberately lied to Kabam because they want to rank-up some other champion.

RDT's are only warranted as a last resort when players got misinformed (as @DNA3000 stated). By misinformed I mean: something in the ability description that produced unintended consequences that were gamebreaking enough to nerf. If for instant Kabam decides tomorrow that Blade's Danger Sense is OP and nerf the damage boost, that would be reason enough to demand RDT's. But She-Hulk's ability to chain a heavy was never explicitly mentioned in her ability description, so you cannot say you were misinformed.