**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Kabam - please confirm Sunspot usability question

DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
Hi Kabam - I’ve had this post outstanding in the spotlight for a week or so now.

Can you confirm whether Sunspot is working as intended with his SP2 prowess lasting for the full duration of the attack, even if he runs out of Solar Charges during one of the earlier hits? The spotlight seems to suggest that as long as you have X Flare States active before the attack, the prowess will last for all hits, but I wanted to make 10000% sure.

This has a HUGE impact on his playability and seems like the kind of thing subject to a “silent nerf” so I’d like to cover my bases before ranking him up and investing a LOT of gold.

Comments

• BlackJ4zzBlackJ4zz Posts: 244 ★★
    Listen dude but Kabam have said that in a recent post that when, Champs enter the basic they will be making "adjustment" to them before to just enjoy Sunspot till when he enters the basic.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    "High Damage Output
    When expending any of Sunspot’s Solar Charges he deals an additional 50% of his attack rating as bonus damage for each stack of Flare State."

"Special 2 - Ultra-violent Radiation:
    After a flurry of attacks Sunspot drives his fist into the Earth, creating an eruption of molten lava.
    The final hit expends up to 15 Solar Charges.
    For each stack of Flare State, Sunspot gains a Prowess effect increasing the damage dealt by this Special Attack by 200%.
    Developer’s Note: The best I was able to do was achieve 8 Stacks of Flare State before launching this Special Attack. When Sunspot lands the final hit of this attack with 1600% increased damage… it really is Ultra-violent."
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    These posts are getting ridiculous.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Just... stop tagging mods. Is not allowed here
    Dizzy said:

Why? I've read the Champion Spotlight. I've read the Dev Notes. I've playtested a 6* Sunspot extensively, to the point where I know what every crit and non-crit hit of his SP2 registers for, from 0-7 Flare States. I can verify that the last hit with 7 Flare States, which supposedly does "1400% increased damage", only does ~1000% increased damage (Why? Not sure. But that's for a later discussion.)

I'm asking a core question about how Sunspot works, which is implied in the Dev Notes of the Spotlight, and which is currently working how I *think* it should work, but which has plenty of room for interpretation in the wording. These are the gray areas where Kabam has a less-than-stellar track record of doing the right thing for the business and the wrong thing for the player. I'd like to not waste 3 T5bs and 1.5m in Gold ranking up a 6* based on some ambiguous language, only to have it be adjusted.

I trust that Kabam won't change this in the "rebalancing" before Sunspot goes into the basic. This is far more than a minor rebalance. This legitimately cuts his damage potential almost in half. Imagine playing all of 6.3 with a -50% attack global node on your new favorite champion?
    The plan for them isnt to fully rebalance champs but to make small changes to champs who are underperforming imensly. Which is what they are doing with HT and Annihilus. They will be making changes to them to make them more viable on defense and offense and they are both 1 sided.

You aren't going to know about sunspot for a VERY long time and there isnt any way any MOD will tell you anything. This thread is better off on reddit.

If your research has matched what the dev notes and spotlight said, there isnt a reason to worry. There isnt enough data on if he is strictly offense or defense yet either. You're going overboard for zero reason.

The safest bet is dont rank if yer unsure. Sad as that is to say...

This has gotten pretty bad of late tho, worse then I ever remember it being.

Of late? It's 2 champs. SS needed it (I have him as a R5 5*) and She Hulk which I have no feeling either way.

Who else has there been "as of late".
  • XdonreXdonre Posts: 154

Dizzy said:

Why? I've read the Champion Spotlight. I've read the Dev Notes. I've playtested a 6* Sunspot extensively, to the point where I know what every crit and non-crit hit of his SP2 registers for, from 0-7 Flare States. I can verify that the last hit with 7 Flare States, which supposedly does "1400% increased damage", only does ~1000% increased damage (Why? Not sure. But that's for a later discussion.)

I'm asking a core question about how Sunspot works, which is implied in the Dev Notes of the Spotlight, and which is currently working how I *think* it should work, but which has plenty of room for interpretation in the wording. These are the gray areas where Kabam has a less-than-stellar track record of doing the right thing for the business and the wrong thing for the player. I'd like to not waste 3 T5bs and 1.5m in Gold ranking up a 6* based on some ambiguous language, only to have it be adjusted.

I trust that Kabam won't change this in the "rebalancing" before Sunspot goes into the basic. This is far more than a minor rebalance. This legitimately cuts his damage potential almost in half. Imagine playing all of 6.3 with a -50% attack global node on your new favorite champion?
    The plan for them isnt to fully rebalance champs but to make small changes to champs who are underperforming imensly. Which is what they are doing with HT and Annihilus. They will be making changes to them to make them more viable on defense and offense and they are both 1 sided.

You aren't going to know about sunspot for a VERY long time and there isnt any way any MOD will tell you anything. This thread is better off on reddit.

If your research has matched what the dev notes and spotlight said, there isnt a reason to worry. There isnt enough data on if he is strictly offense or defense yet either. You're going overboard for zero reason.
    The issue I have w/ posts of this nature is that poster the tends to spout their "speculative" theories as if they were facts although in truth the only real facts is what Kabam has previously disclosed as shown by the excerpts below... And those are the facts as we know them "today."

"…- 3 months after a Champion is released we’ll have reviewed and analyzed their data.
    - If it needs a small balance, up or down, we will notify the player base before it enters into the Basic Crystal Pool of Champions…
    This new balance cadence will be limited to minor balancing of a Champion's existing kit, abilities won’t be added or removed..."
    Xdonre said:

Dizzy said:

The issue I have w/ posts of this nature is that poster the tends to spout their "speculative" theories as if they were facts although in truth the only real facts is what Kabam has previously disclosed as shown by the excerpts below... And those are the facts as we know them "today."

"…- 3 months after a Champion is released we’ll have reviewed and analyzed their data.
    - If it needs a small balance, up or down, we will notify the player base before it enters into the Basic Crystal Pool of Champions…
    This new balance cadence will be limited to minor balancing of a Champion's existing kit, abilities won’t be added or removed..."
    Most of the payer base doesn't really care about the details. This post was to stir the pot further. Nothing more than that.
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    edited September 2019
    Not going to lie, at this point I'm just enjoying people getting triggered by this post. I'm not trying to stir the pot @Demonzfyre.

I haven't said a single thing about Symbiote Supreme nor She-Hulk this thread - I don't believe those are relevant to my question. I also do not, for a second, liken those two champions to the "re-balancing" that Kabam has referred to. Finally, I don't even think that many champs will get rebalanced (and even fewer will get negative adjustments).

I legitimately think there is ambiguity as to how Sunspot is supposed to behave, and I am trying to confirm that he is working as intended before ranking him up. Why is that so inappropriate?

He has two ambiguous lines in his description:
    1. "...when running out of Solar Charges, Flare State is disabled and all stacks are removed"
    2. "For each stack of Flare State, Sunspot gains a Prowess effect increasing the damage dealt by this Special Attack by 200%."

Normally, as soon as Sunspot runs out of Solar Charges, he loses his Flare States (and therefore his damage potential). However, during multi-hit animations (e.g., his heavy and SP2), he maintains his Flare States until the end of the attack animation. Is that because "when running out of Solar Charges" really means "after the full duration of the attack during which he runs out of Solar Charges"? This is VERY IMPORTANT because many times, you get to an SP2 at ~5-20 Solar Charges and Sunspot runs out of Charges on the 1st or 2nd hit.

If this is how he is intended to behave, then great. I'm just trying to confirm that.

I get that you'd like me to "assume this is the case" but when it's this hard to accrue T5B I'd like to not make any assumptions.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Poor guy just wants confirmation of whether his character is working correctly after the fiasco of these last 3 weeks, its only expected lol