**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unawakening Gem and Sig Stone Vacuum

2»

Comments

• thudd22thudd22 Posts: 27
    @hungryhungrybbq After some of these responses, I was starting to think I was crazy! You just hit the nail on the head for the argument I was going for
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★

I don't think some of the folks who don't understand why this is a concern are very experienced in the game. Of course you want your r5 champ to be awakened and at high sig. Especially if they happen to be in your top 5 (prestige). Yes, I understand she has low prestige, but either way, that's irrelevant. The resources were spent on her and they should have an opportunity to get them back.

That's no argument. You said yourself, She Hulk is not a prestige rankup. Everybody knew her usefulness was not tied to her awakened ability, and furthermore, if people ranked her up for that one aspect, this "cheese" aspect, did it really come as a surprise that Kabam would nerf/change/"fix" this?

I saw this coming a mile away. I'm not saying I agree with it (I don't) but this has proven to be standard procedure when it comes to Kabam. Drax, AA, Symbiote Supreme, Domino. All of them were either changed from how they behaved or their descriptions were changed to match what they were actually doing ingame. Even inspite of Kabam's confirmation that the champion was working as intended (in AA's case).

My point is, She Hulk is still a VERY useful champion without the heavy chain, and if she wasn't, I would never have ranked her up based on that one aspect alone, and certainly would never consider on then awakening her and throwing sig stones into her knowing that Kabam has a long history of doing this.
  • DorianGrayDorianGray Posts: 23
    I fully agree that we should be able to get our science ag and sig stones back. If it weren't for her ability to chain heavies I absolutely would not have awakened her in this first place. Part of her signature ability is that she reduces power gain of mystic champs. It was only after very careful consideration that I decided to awaken her instead of saving my gem for Cap IW. After the nerf it is MUCH more difficult to maintain her furies, and if you have her awakened it's nearly impossible to keep them when fighting mystic champs that aren't #XL.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I took up SS based on his abilities listed on his description and spotlight page. Ppl complained for almost a year he was bugged and not working correctly. Kabam simply says iy was a description error all along. We havent been offered and wont be offered rank down tickets or get our gems and sigs back. Why do all the She-Hulk users think she is the only champ that Kabam has changed? We didnt get anything when our MD defenders like Dorm became useless. Ppl didnt get anything when AA was changed. I would be happy with the RDT. It's alot more than most ppl get.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Has nobody realised yet how hard it would be for Kabam to revert sig levels and awakening gems fairly? I mean I don't think Kabam keeps record of those 20 sig levels you got from getting another She-Hulk 2 years ago. It'd just be too much data to keep.
    If you could only awaken and sig up your champs through AGs and sig stones, then yes it'd probs be a bit easier. But You can get them awakened and sigged up through crystals. And that makes this whole idea a ton less reasonable.
    I'd love it if people could get the sig stones back that they invested. But I just think it would be borderline impossible to fairly compensate people for that. Imagine someone getting 20 'free' sig stones because they were one of the lucky ones that pulled a She-Hulk again...
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

I fully agree that we should be able to get our science ag and sig stones back. If it weren't for her ability to chain heavies I absolutely would not have awakened her in this first place. Part of her signature ability is that she reduces power gain of mystic champs. It was only after very careful consideration that I decided to awaken her instead of saving my gem for Cap IW. After the nerf it is MUCH more difficult to maintain her furies, and if you have her awakened it's nearly impossible to keep them when fighting mystic champs that aren't #XL.

You said yourself that her sig ability reduces power gain when fighting mystic champs. To keep your furies you want them to throw special attacks. Her sig ability hasn't been altered just her basic combo mechanics. You still have the awakened ability you found useful enough to use a gem on. I'm confused why you felt she needed to be awakened to cheese content
  • DorianGrayDorianGray Posts: 23
    Dshu said:

You said yourself that her sig ability reduces power gain when fighting mystic champs. To keep your furies you want them to throw special attacks. Her sig ability hasn't been altered just her basic combo mechanics. You still have the awakened ability you found useful enough to use a gem on. I'm confused why you felt she needed to be awakened to cheese content

I'm just pointing out the very obvious way that her sig ability has been impacted by this nerf, that everyone arguing against OP seems to be missing. It's nearly impossible to maintain her furies against mystic champs post-nerf.

I awakened her because I used her for a lot of stuff and Kabam gave ZERO indication that her ability to chain her heavy attack wasn't intended. Now she isn't good for anything but countering evade and unstoppable, had I known she would be changed I 100% would not have awakened her and would have saved my gem for Void or Cap IW.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    Her Sig doesn't have anything to do with chaining the Heavy.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019

I don't think some of the folks who don't understand why this is a concern are very experienced in the game. Of course you want your r5 champ to be awakened and at high sig. Especially if they happen to be in your top 5 (prestige). Yes, I understand she has low prestige, but either way, that's irrelevant. The resources were spent on her and they should have an opportunity to get them back.

I was never even given the option to rank down dormammu or AA after they were changed let alone get the AGs or stones I used on both of them. So forgive me if I don't really have much sympathy here. The people that ranked her up to cheese difficult content got lucky that the right people threw a fit about this one. Past changes were made to things that were actually confirmed to be working as intended and then still changed anyway. SH chaining heavies was not even remotely said to be intended at any time at all. I think people should quit while they're ahead
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    phil56201 said:

That's no argument. You said yourself, She Hulk is not a prestige rankup. Everybody knew her usefulness was not tied to her awakened ability, and furthermore, if people ranked her up for that one aspect, this "cheese" aspect, did it really come as a surprise that Kabam would nerf/change/"fix" this?

I saw this coming a mile away. I'm not saying I agree with it (I don't) but this has proven to be standard procedure when it comes to Kabam. Drax, AA, Symbiote Supreme, Domino. All of them were either changed from how they behaved or their descriptions were changed to match what they were actually doing ingame. Even inspite of Kabam's confirmation that the champion was working as intended (in AA's case).

My point is, She Hulk is still a VERY useful champion without the heavy chain, and if she wasn't, I would never have ranked her up based on that one aspect alone, and certainly would never consider on then awakening her and throwing sig stones into her knowing that Kabam has a long history of doing this.
    Why are we still discussing *why* we ranked her up? That debate is closed. The community (including content creators) and Kabam have now agreed that the company's lack of timely, clear communication around this issue caused problems. They've already acknowledged it. And you *still* misunderstand the specific issue that this thread is actually about. Folks put sig stones or AGs in her simply because they had *already* ranked her up (based on her ability at the time) and therefore chose to also invest signature ability resources into her on top of the rank up resources. Why they did is irrelevant. They don't have to justify their reason to you. The point is that they would have never invested the sig ability resources if they had not ranked her up to begin with...
    And apparently I can't resist the urge to engage.. we ranked her because she was a powerful champion and the speed of her heavy made her utility much more reliable to actually use it. Planned on using her for many things..not just "Champion cheesing".
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    phil56201 said:

You saw that Kabam was going to remove an ability the She Hulk has had for 3 years and that other champs still have from a mile away?
    edited September 2019
    This issue doesn't even pertain to me as mine is sig 40. I'm just sticking up for folks who deserve to have all of the resources they spent on her considered for replacement. As I said, my alliance mate does have her at sig 200.
  • I think anyone who took advantage of her in this bugged state should have to give back any rewards won using her, I mean fair is fair. You guys took advantage of an exploit and that should be punished.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Anyone who disagrees with this isn't thinking this through. You don't invest AGs into anything less than an R4 at the 5* level (if you're smart). If you want to exorcise the option to rank down she hulk, of course you want the AG back.

I think anyone who took advantage of her in this bugged state should have to give back any rewards won using her, I mean fair is fair. You guys took advantage of an exploit and that should be punished.

In what way was playing a character the way she has been since her release 3 years ago an exploit? People should have known that her heavy was bugged since her release and refrained from using it during a combo? No one should have to give back any rewards. For the record, I beat the champion with CAIW. My She Hulk is not ranked and not awakened. Haven't had her long. I agree that people should get their awakening gems back but they didn't do this with previous rank downs and I'd be stunned if they did it this time. I used a gem on Strange and wanted it back. Obviously that was a 4* but at the time 4*s still mattered.

phil56201 said:

You saw that Kabam was going to remove an ability the She Hulk has had for 3 years and that other champs still have from a mile away?
    You mean like how AA was working as intended for over a year, and then got changed? Or Drax's ability to bypass mordo's evade was changed a year or so later?

As soon as it became apparent what could be done with her chain stun, it seemed pretty obvious. Sorry it took you by surprise. Seen it before, will most definitely see it again.
    phil56201 said:

phil56201 said:

You mean like how AA was working as intended for over a year, and then got changed? Or Drax's ability to bypass mordo's evade was changed a year or so later?

As soon as it became apparent what could be done with her chain stun, it seemed pretty obvious. Sorry it took you by surprise. Seen it before, will most definitely see it again.
    Drax's "ability" was confirmed to be unintended early on. It wasn't fixed for a long time, but there was no mystery as to whether or not it was intended. AA was stated to be working as intended which did turn out to be incorrect. In this case, AA was the only champ in the game who could stun stun immune champs so people did wonder and were given misinformation. Many champs could chain heavies from combos like She Hulk. OML has the same heavy. So really, you haven't seen this before because there isn't anything like it. It seemed pretty obvious? In what way was it different from any other cheese fight in the game? (2* Ronan vs. Hydra Adaptoid for example)
    edited September 2019

phil56201 said:

phil56201 said:

Drax's "ability" was confirmed to be unintended early on. It wasn't fixed for a long time, but there was no mystery as to whether or not it was intended. AA was stated to be working as intended which did turn out to be incorrect. In this case, AA was the only champ in the game who could stun stun immune champs so people did wonder and were given misinformation. Many champs could chain heavies from combos like She Hulk. OML has the same heavy. So really, you haven't seen this before because there isn't anything like it. It seemed pretty obvious? In what way was it different from any other cheese fight in the game? (2* Ronan vs. Hydra Adaptoid for example)
    I don't care what technicality you need to justify that I shouldn't have seen it coming. Thats just the 1st thing that occurred to me when I saw this. I didn't even know she hulk could chain stun this whole time. Never even started playing her until like 4 months ago.

Im not saying I agree with this, It's just not surprising to me.

I was never even given the option to rank down dormammu or AA after they were changed let alone get the AGs or stones I used on both of them. So forgive me if I don't really have much sympathy here. The people that ranked her up to cheese difficult content got lucky that the right people threw a fit about this one. Past changes were made to things that were actually confirmed to be working as intended and then still changed anyway. SH chaining heavies was not even remotely said to be intended at any time at all. I think people should quit while they're ahead
    That sucks that you didn't get any recompense for those things. I'm sorry that happened. You probably should have. However, we will have to agree to disagree on your "quit while you're ahead.." statement. Ahead? How are we "ahead"? We should be grateful? Kabam made a mistake. 3 months without any communication regarding her ability not being intended. They have publicly acknowledged the mistake and stated that they will try to make it right. The majority of the community and the company itself agree that this is fair. Fair, not "ahead".
    edited September 2019
    Someone is just rolling through and and spamming the disagree button.. wow. Well, here's another comment to disagree with. Have fun:)
  • SHARPESTSHARPEST Posts: 2
    A loss... is a loss... is a loss... :(
    I doubt very very highly they are going to do anything but the current rank down... their not take your rewards won because of fights won without the nerf or give you back anything you have used on signature resources to make her stronger....it's sad...
    The only way to deal in the future is wait along time before doing any ranking or awakening with any champion...
    I hate it all around... ranking champions is one of the greatest fun about this whole game... KABAM support = form letter....form letter...form letter...
    KABAM support = meh.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    It is difficult to really feel sympathy with these sorts of situations. I am sorry and really mean no disrespect. But too many people allow themselves to be tossed around on the tide of opinions about the champs in this game. The crowd says this is great and people dump money goods and effort into it. I have found that few of these champs are failures if you raise them, feed them to 99 sigs and put them with a synergized team, they win fights. I have never dropped what i had planned to focus on the "update champ of the week" or the "New OP featured champs." And finally if i am unhappy with one of my choices...i must take the full burden of it cause i didn't follow the crowd...but so far? No regrets!