**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Allow Star Lord to chose his elemental gun power as a pre fight ability.

MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
This way he can have guaranteed utility, healblocks for regen nodes, shock for damage, armour break for armour nodes and power drain for power gain nodes. Right now it is a 1/4 chance you get what you want and it could easily be 100% with this small change.

Comments

• monomuggmonomugg Posts: 312 ★★
    agree with skillful_star.
    besides, a prefight ability for starlord's elemental gun would be too OP
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    nope he good and that's enough
  • digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    Not helpful to only have one of the available options, better if there was a dash back and block mechanic like winter soldier or night crawlers
  • FuzzyfuscoFuzzyfusco Posts: 2
    Hi there I am really looking forward to it as well but I'm confused about everything and I will be in my thoughts and I will be at the house you can come to me and I'll get back in touch soon to get a hold of the year is a game of the season I will get the information to the fight because I have been really good thanks again for all the help and support
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    thats like saying when the Blade movie comes out lets buff him to become immune to every debuff and make him unstoppable at the beginning of the fight
  • BriceMiesterBriceMiester Posts: 278
    edited August 2019
    I think it's a good idea, you cant fight strategically if you dont know how your weapon is gonna react
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Letting him choose the effect would be crazily OP.

Letting it cycle at random but have an icon that denotes the next effect would be less overpowered; and enable a bit of strategic play.

So, it's set on a particular setting at random at the start of the fight - the Summoner can see which. When used, it then randomly determines the next effect - the Summoner knows what it will be, but can't control it.

I don't think he really needs a buff personally; so rather than a champion upgrade, I'd probably make this a synergy ability; possibly if they introduce a champion like Adam Warlock, or Quasar.

Could enhance the desirability of a new champion, after all...
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I would love that. I don't think its game breaking at all for him to get this ability. I would prefer the power drain the most to be permanent he's already powerful enough as is without the shock.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

Letting it cycle at random but have an icon that denotes the next effect would be less overpowered; and enable a bit of strategic play.

So, it's set on a particular setting at random at the start of the fight - the Summoner can see which. When used, it then randomly determines the next effect - the Summoner knows what it will be, but can't control it.

I don't think he really needs a buff personally; so rather than a champion upgrade, I'd probably make this a synergy ability; possibly if they introduce a champion like Adam Warlock, or Quasar.

Do you even know what his sig is?
    Well, yes; although I'm struggling to determine why you ask. I didn't directly mention his Sig, after all.

Since your comment suggests that you don't understand how Star Lord works as a champion, I'll spell it out for you:

1 - His Sig means that his Attack rises with combo count.

2 - If he could choose the outcome of his Element Gun; those with the skill to reach very high combo levels could endlessly fire off absurdly powerful Shock effects (the damage of which rises with his combo, when Awakened).

3 - The fact he risks inflicting a Heal Block or Armour Break limits his potential to cause crazy damage; since those effects don't scale with his Attack.

4 - So: Currently he's powerful, but limited by unreliability.

5 - Make him reliable, and he becomes overpowered.

---

Was anything there unclear?
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    take the champ that has as close to unlimited damage as you can get in the game and then give him some utility....lol not sure that would be a good move.
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    They will never change Starlord, because everybody would use shock debuff against kang in v3.. and I think that's right
  • Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★
    issamaf80 said:

nope he good and that's enough

If the guy gets a bit of buff, will it be a problem for you to play with. I guess this is called utility. Also it's a suggestion. You can give your bright ideas rather saying NO.

Well buffing existing champs through senergies isn't new like magik getting some addons. Also imo he won't be game braking but yes with a combo of 450 armor break will hit like a truck. I like your idea of the next upcoming effect and if there can be a way to reset it like spamming heavy or sp3 would be nice.

They will never change Starlord, because everybody would use shock debuff against kang in v3.. and I think that's right

Isn't that supposed to happen from sp1 from Hyperion, sp1 of Infinity iron man. So if star lord does it will it not help him out to be more feasible. Just to take an example: Take him to any fight with poison or bleed or incinerate, he dies. He is only good where there are simple fights. Cull can do the same and so does many other champs like havoc, namor. In short we need characters that are future ready. Act 6 needs some solid characters and little upgrades to old champs will not hurt anyone. You guys have issues when kabam nerfs champs and if someone from the community suggests some of the ideas, still people have issues.
    Star lord can never be Namor or Havoc or Ghost. Sooner or later they will upgrade him or his synergies.
    This community is so complex to understand.
  • AndTavAndTav Posts: 261
    edited September 2019
    I just came out of a discussion that was closed by a mod where the idea is this. I completely agree with the issue of pre-fight skill, they say it doesn't have to, but it wouldn't make it better than Sparky and Ghost in terms of damage and utility. SL just needs to be less outdated.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I like the idea of being able to cycle through the elements. That said, there are easily 75 champs that need a buff before SL.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    I'd like to see his element gun work sort of like the Impart node. He chooses a random element every so often to set his gun too, and then you use the element currently 'active' when activating a sp2 or sp3.
    But hey I don't think it's necessary. It'd just be a cool thing.