**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Waste of time and effort

DreadknockDreadknock Posts: 25
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
This game has become redundant and almost boring at times, but what keeps it fresh and is one of the biggest draws to the game is opening crystals and the prospect of getting a good or even "useable" champ. More often than not we're awarded with disappointment which is ok with a 4* because the next pull is right around the corner. Even with a 5* it's tolerable, you can suck it up and pray for better next month; but when you've played this game for months, fought your way to become Uncollected then clear Uncollected quests all to be reward with this...! A champ that is basically useless in the game, it's really not even worth it anymore. #MyFirst6*

Comments

• ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    My first 6* was the more worthless Juggs.

Aryl said:

Nothing is more worthless than hulkbuster
    He has potential against Havok... sorta. You may be right.
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    edited September 2019

That sucks you got Hulkbuster but the guy has to be one of the top champs to get a buff soon. My first and only is Omega Red. My first five star was Groot though.
    edited September 2019
    Edit: never mind
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Bye bye 👋👋 TC.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

AndiYTDE said:

I personally still see 6* champions as sort of "luxuary", my main focus is still on my 5* champions. Probably because they are stronger at R5 and easier to pull/awaken.
    Still not a great pull though... At least some arena points...(yay?)

You obviously must be no where near Act 6 where there is a certain amount of 6* champs required to even access the map. The amount of trash in the 6* pool when the hardest content currently in the game requires this is an absolute **** move on Kabam’s part.

There's less trash in the 6* pool than when 5*s were new
    5*s used to take just as long to get but tons of people seem to forget that or weren't playing then.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    HB is really a bad luck pull, yet i suggest just take it easy and move on.

• JakearoundJakearound Posts: 407 ★★★
    edited September 2019

AndiYTDE said:

I personally still see 6* champions as sort of "luxuary", my main focus is still on my 5* champions. Probably because they are stronger at R5 and easier to pull/awaken.

You obviously must be no where near Act 6 where there is a certain amount of 6* champs required to even access the map. The amount of trash in the 6* pool when the hardest content currently in the game requires this is an absolute **** move on Kabam’s part.

Don’t remember any game content (other than Act 6) that required you to have 5* champs anywhere in your roster. Maybe I’m confused.
  • DreadknockDreadknock Posts: 25
    Graydrox said:

That sucks you got Hulkbuster but the guy has to be one of the top champs to get a buff soon. My first and only is Omega Red. My first five star was Groot though.

From what I understand, champs will only get slight buffs after Colossus and OML. He needs far more than that. I hope you're right though.

But do you have awesome 5*? Many 6* aren't gonna be all that useful (especially those that needs a dupe) anyway.. I think 5* are gonna be useful for at least 3-4 years, so I wouldn't fret too much.

#_It's a journey not a race_

I have a few goodt 5's included Unawakened Corvus. I guess my new quest will be getting him to rank 5.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★

But do you have awesome 5*? Many 6* aren't gonna be all that useful (especially those that needs a dupe) anyway.. I think 5* are gonna be useful for at least 3-4 years, so I wouldn't fret too much.

I have a few goodt 5's included Unawakened Corvus. I guess my new quest will be getting him to rank 5.
    Yeah well there you go.. i bet not even 10% of everyone who plays this game has a 5* Corvus.
  • Graydrox said:

From what I understand, champs will only get slight buffs after Colossus and OML. He needs far more than that. I hope you're right though.
    You're speaking of the Champion tweaks, which will pertain to newer champs that lack some punch so to speak (ala Human Torch and Annihilus). Kabam will also still be giving older champs full on Buffs/reworks as we go. This is certainly not the last full rework on the agenda. Although I'm curious who will be next. They had that list of champs that the community voted on, and Colossus won by a mile. So I would wager a pair from that last will be up next, and hopefully sooner than later. Fingers crossed they do Venompool next as he was on that list if I'm not mistaken (recently pulled a 5* VP and he's gonna hang at R1 until then, lol).
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★

Graydrox said:

You're speaking of the Champion tweaks, which will pertain to newer champs that lack some punch so to speak (ala Human Torch and Annihilus). Kabam will also still be giving older champs full on Buffs/reworks as we go. This is certainly not the last full rework on the agenda. Although I'm curious who will be next. They had that list of champs that the community voted on, and Colossus won by a mile. So I would wager a pair from that last will be up next, and hopefully sooner than later. Fingers crossed they do Venompool next as he was on that list if I'm not mistaken (recently pulled a 5* VP and he's gonna hang at R1 until then, lol).
    It's true colossus won by a mile, but mags and dpx were out of the most. Personally would prefer seeing them buffed first, as they both are available as 6* and do nothing. Also dpx is in 6* pool for very long time, so lots of people have him. And magneto is just pathetic as he is atm
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Why people have a sense of entitlement to get a good 6* on their first pull I will never know... and before you say “they don’t have to be god tier, but at least useful” if they’re only useful then they aren’t worth taking to rank 2... and if they’re only useful and staying at rank 1 then you’re gonna use your 5*’s that are rank 4 or 5 that are better than just useful. I opened 10 6*’s before I got a good one and of those first 10 some were decent, def better than hulkbuster... know how many of those decent 6*’s I use? 0...because they are decent not great and you’ll never use decent over great. So yeah, it’s sucks to get HB on your first pull, but you shouldn’t expect a god tier first pull or even Demi god and you’re not gonna use a champ that’s only decent for any of the real content.✌🏻 Wipe your nose and grind on.

🐻
  • Aleor said:

Graydrox said:

It's true colossus won by a mile, but mags and dpx were out of the most. Personally would prefer seeing them buffed first, as they both are available as 6* and do nothing. Also dpx is in 6* pool for very long time, so lots of people have him. And magneto is just pathetic as he is atm
    Magneto will be lowest on the list as Mutant is full of bangers at the moment. I’d say any mystics or tech would be next up
  • BriceMiesterBriceMiester Posts: 278

Aryl said:

Nothing is more worthless than hulkbuster
    Miles Morales and Iron Patriot are
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★

4 years? Really?
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I have juggs, rocket, iron fist, wwii, Spider-Man classic and beast and red skull. Rarely use any of them unless I’m doing master eq. 5* are better anyway since they are r4 at equivalent stats but gain power faster due to being higher rank.

It’s not anything to get worked up about really, 6* may be the future but that future is still far away imo. Most need to be awakened to get the most out of them, and even so a r4 5* of same champ is better, even a r5 trumps a R2 because of the power issue. It’s been proven with Corvus among others and kabam verified that rank correlates with power, so you’ll get 2 bars faster on a 5* than on a 6.

AndiYTDE said:

Don’t remember any game content (other than Act 6) that required you to have 5* champs anywhere in your roster. Maybe I’m confused.
    TRONG94 said:

5*s used to take just as long to get but tons of people seem to forget that or weren't playing then.

I think at that time there was no rarity gate yet. So 4*s were still of great use if they drew some bad 5*s.
    But act 6 puts a stress on players bc they have to have a required number of 6*s to enter gates and those 6* must be of some help to deal with crazy enemies as well.
    Most of the 6* gates really aren't that bad and it's not until 6.2.5 when you only have 1 additional champ where it starts to get really constrictive
    You don't see any R2 captain marvels (original) running around but there were plenty R4 5* marvels early on. Sure there's a whole lot of trash in the pool but that's just how this game has always worked. Expecting every 6* you pull to be a banger is silly based on how this game has alway been set up.
    My 1st R4 5* was sym spidey bc he was the best 5* I had and had t2a expiring. That's after already letting one expire which was ridiculous at the time. So until you're forced to R2 or R3 a mediocre 6* bc you have t5b or t5cc expiring, you're doing fine
    TRONG94 said:

Graydrox said:

I hope that would happen. HB is my 1st 6* too. But I think he is likely not the next. As in this vote, next ones after Col and OML are Groot and IP.

I voted for KK I believe, she's an abomination of a character from look and animation to function although she can pack a punch (and I have her 5*). Someone mentioned VP, I actually like him and he's useful against champs that come with a lot of buffs. DPX is the only one who's just as bad as HP.