**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AI is able to dex from attacks without dex buff or mastery

As everyone knows when Kabam changed the mystic wars and reduced the dexterity mastery buff to proc only once. The AI began to use dexterity as well. Every high end game play the AI is evading attack’s. In arena and AW the dexterity proc shows and the buff appears. However when the AI does it, no buff appears, no words to notify they are doing it.
If you are going to give AI this ability please return our mastery point and either give the AI the buff also so my SS can do damage with it or take ours away making it passive so we will not proc spite or SS damage. The AI should not have this advantage.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Mninobody said:

As everyone knows when Kabam changed the mystic wars and reduced the dexterity mastery buff to proc only once. The AI began to use dexterity as well. Every high end game play the AI is evading attack’s. In arena and AW the dexterity proc shows and the buff appears. However when the AI does it, no buff appears, no words to notify they are doing it.
    If you are going to give AI this ability please return our mastery point and either give the AI the buff also so my SS can do damage with it or take ours away making it passive so we will not proc spite or SS damage. The AI should not have this advantage.

They AI has always had the ability to do this in AW and arena, because you are fighting another players champs with their mysteries. They also get the buff, your SS is probably already eating it with nullify.

Lormif said:

Mninobody said:

They AI has always had the ability to do this in AW and arena, because you are fighting another players champs with their mysteries. They also get the buff, your SS is probably already eating it with nullify.
    He clearly wrote that theyre dexing attacks without the mastery being present. Its a result of the ai being sped up and coinciding with sp attks when hitting block, ghost getting parried out of phase, broken back drafts, etc.
    The AI has always had the ability to shallow evade, the only issue with this right now is the evading out of blocks that is listed in the thread below.

And no he was not clear.
    Mninobody said:

@Lormif it was clear to everyone but you I guess. But allow me to highlight for you. At the end of the first paragraph I CLEARLY STATE and I quote. ‘However when the AI does it, no buff appears, no words to notify they are doing it’ Maybe you are not clear when someone describes arena and AW in once since then talks about AI with those differently that signifies outside of those areas with player based masteries. So someone experienced in the game it is crystal clear.
    The AI has not always evaded out of attacks, proven by Kabam mike saying if AI is evading like that it is a bug

That is because they are not DEXiNG, they are doing a shallow evade. It is the same thing we can do when evading dormammu without getting a crit buff so we can avoid the degen. The confusion you are using terms have nothing to do with each other...I assume based on the other post you are talking about when you are hitting into their blocks (you never mentioned blocks). The AI has not always been able to shallow evade out of blocks but it has always been able to shallow evade. Please be more clear in your statement.
    Mninobody said:

@Lormif 100% not true as shallow evades can also proc dexterity on spite nodes so it’s not always shallow evades. Thanks for your great input and assistance in clarifying this information to Kabam. Same evade shows dexterity for players and aI in AW and arena but does not for AI outside of those areas.

shallow evades do not get spiked

here again is my video from the other thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUJzTC4Y94Q

You will note that my very first evade, after his 2nd hit into my block was a shallow evade and did not trigger dexterity. It is a common tactic to deal with buffet and other issues that result from you getting buffs.
    Mninobody said:

@Lormif very true regarding your video. And notice the great distance you are from ultran when you evade. That is perfectly fine. However that is not what I am describing. I am describing the attacker literally on top of the AI to hit with no space and the AI still evades out. I see what you are describing but my description is different and I will post it soon.

The non dex based evade has nothing to do with how close you are to the attacker, it has to do with the speed of his attack. The evade did not trigger a dex because the attack was not avoided because of dexterity, but because I was not there when it hit, because it was from a medium which is slower, not matter how close I was to the attacker that is possible.
    Mninobody said:

I’m sorry but if you are across the board when the defender tries to hit you there is no dexterity. Dexterity means you are evading an attack. An attack has to be close enough to hit you to be considered evading so I think you are a little mislead not understanding how proximity plays into dexterity.
    Further more, I was describing how the attacker is swinging with the AI literally under the arm or weapon and they back out of the attack.

Proximity has some to do with it, I am sorry, but timing has vastly more to do with it.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    I have to admit, I have seen this myself. The animation looks as though it hit the AI, but the defender dashes back... no evade. It was in EQ too, so there wasn’t a mastery for dex applied. The issue is the AI can react much faster than any human can, to the point that it is react up until the last possible millisecond and dashes back. It just looks like you should of hit because the first/weapon would appear to make contact by virtually touching or being over the image of the opponent, but I am willing to guess it is the last possible nanosecond that a successful hit is registered, so the game allows the AI to back out, despite the animation of the hit being within range.

It is all just guess work though, as I cannot look at the coding to see what is actually happening.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    It’s been around for a very long time now; it’s not just the AI you can do it also. dexterity’s use is basically reduced to projectile attacks if you don’t try/need to evade those the mastery does nothing.

It’s also been talked about multiple times.
  • Dizzy_DeanDizzy_Dean Posts: 8
    Honestly, since people are saying we are able to do this too, I’d like to see it. I’ve been playing for a long time and I’ve never had an issue with the ai doing this until this most recent update. It’s been happening to me in aq more than anywhere else and there are no dex masteries there, obviously. So to the people who are saying we can do it, show me. I don’t mean the video where you are clearly doing a shallow evade, I mean where you are “shallow evading” while not triggering dex with the ai right on top of you swinging. It’s ok.... I’ll wait.
  • KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★

Honestly, since people are saying we are able to do this too, I’d like to see it. I’ve been playing for a long time and I’ve never had an issue with the ai doing this until this most recent update. It’s been happening to me in aq more than anywhere else and there are no dex masteries there, obviously. So to the people who are saying we can do it, show me. I don’t mean the video where you are clearly doing a shallow evade, I mean where you are “shallow evading” while not triggering dex with the ai right on top of you swinging. It’s ok.... I’ll wait.

You're going to be waiting an awful long time. Don't hold your breath cause they know they cant do it lol
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Wow this is fascinating, I will definitely keep my eyes on this moving forward. I noticed that the AI has been much better since act 6 came out but never noticed them triggering evade without dexterity personally.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019

@Dizzy_Dean @KerayZ
    Missed this post. I have two examples i recorded myself.

This is from 10/30/18
    https://youtu.be/cfD4DeV5PYU

And this is from 10/5/18 this is super obvious that i’m dexing dorm without the mastery.
    https://youtu.be/5lNRiYUQuR0