**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What motivation I have for this game?

2»

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I've asked myself the same question multiple times when I've gone 6 months without a good pull. The answer has always been my alliance and friends in the game... then I hit a lucky streak lol. So far I'm 0-13 on 6* pulls and the luck is gone on the 5* so back to the question. I guess the other answer is I want to finish act 6. We'll see after that.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Hawkeye is solid. So is Taskmaster (People just ignore him since he has a unique fighting style). The rest is trash and I feel for you. Must hurt to pull those champs
  • PEKKACHUPEKKACHU Posts: 136
    I do feel your pain, but try to enjoy the game for having the randomness sensation on getting either a good champ or bad one
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Dude it happens... you’ll go months of getting nothing... and then get just what you want. Your problem isn’t your roster it’s your attitude and maybe your skills (no offense) the champs you have are more than enough to complete certainly variant 3... you def don’t need sentinel, stark or ghost... I didn’t use any of those and it didn’t cost much resources wise. You need to know your roster is plenty to complete content... many do it with what you have or less. It may be your attitude that’s holding you back, of assuming you need all the new flashy champs your alli mates are getting when it’s just not true. There’s very few paths or fights where you have to have a specific champ. Tough love but either work with what you have and deal until you pull someone new which you will eventually or quit of this is no fun for you anymore. Not meant to be mean, it’s just the truth.

🐻
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    In short what is said above, some of them are featured crystals too. I have been working with what I have so far but there are contents that become really hard for me without the right champs. I open at least 1-2 5* crystals in a week or so. If I were opening few crystals, it would not have bothered me but I opened a lot of crystals.

I am not comparing my rosters with other rosters. What you need depends on where you are at the game. I have done most of the contents except fort 100% LoL and chapter 2 of variant 1.

When you spend so much time on something, you want to be rewarded to certain extent. I have put lot of time in mcoc. Not getting a decent champ for more than 6 months is too much.

Champs like HE, Psylocke (i have 6* duped as well) are reasonable champs if you are doing relatively easier content. They were decent if you go back a year or so. In recent contents, you cannot get a lot from them. How many of you will max out them? Even those who are saying they are good pulls, will never max them out.

Featured crystal I opened yesterday:

• Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Domino, corvus, capIW would be top echelon of the game without question. Domino and capIW can be used in all variants and any other content available. Not sure how you can complain my dude other then you have a lack of tach champs but to me having a look through the list of who you do have you have Atleast 5 (debatable Emma) of the top 10 champs in the game. Not sure that’s valid grounds for pity
  • MyselfandiMyselfandi Posts: 165

Talk about bad RNG. The other 2 5*s you can't see are Blackpanther and beast. Losing faith fast!!
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I feel that man! Just opened a 5 star king groot! Why champs like that are even in high bracket crystals i don't really understand! They do not help us! And they do not help kabam! No one is gonna burn a couple of months, weeks, or even a few days on champs like KG. No they don't produce revenue! And they don't propell us deeper into the game! In fact they cause posts like this and rage quitting.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Items are still to difficult to aquire to waste em on the garbage these crystals spit out!
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★

Another 5* **** opened
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★

This is exactly why I don't subscribe to the God Tier mentality. When you're calling a handful of Champs out of 150 useful and the rest useless, you're statistically going to be disappointed. You're also going to miss a great deal of usefulness in other Champs.

Because the mentality is true. There are less than 150 champions that are useful in the game. You reach a certain point where you need certain champions to complete content (i.e. Variant, Act 6). You wouldn’t know from experience. Some champions’ “usefulness” are so specific and niche that they have no particular place in the game. The champions considered God Tier are there for a reason. If you have a problem with that, Kabam should (and they’re SLOWLY doing it), increase the value of older champions.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    I guess it might pay to remember as well that it's the journey not the race that
    Siliyo said:

This is exactly why I don't subscribe to the God Tier mentality. When you're calling a handful of Champs out of 150 useful and the rest useless, you're statistically going to be disappointed. You're also going to miss a great deal of usefulness in other Champs.

Because the mentality is true. There are less than 150 champions that are useful in the game. You reach a certain point where you need certain champions to complete content (i.e. Variant, Act 6). You wouldn’t know from experience. Some champions’ “usefulness” are so specific and niche that they have no particular place in the game. The champions considered God Tier are there for a reason. If you have a problem with that, Kabam should (and they’re SLOWLY doing it), increase the value of older champions.
    Yeah but there's also nothing wrong with waiting for better champs for certain contents IMO.. from my situation I'm waiting for some more Tech champs to 100% Variant 3, and some more XL champs before starting Variant 2.. in the meantime AQ, AW and monthly quests keep me busy as well as chipping away at Act 6.2.

It's a journey not a race is what I say...
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited September 2019
    You have to wade through a sea of bad champs to get the champs you want.

Honestly though you have some of the best champs for so much content in game. You are just missing 2 of the champs that are best for variant 3 being ghost and sentinal. That's just luck for specific content.

I'm in the boat where I dont have a bunch of those champs you have and want them but am lucky enough to have sentinal and ghost for variant 3. Variant 1 exploration is where I struggle because my roster isnt super diverse(but getting there these days fibally)
  • Siliyo said:

Because the mentality is true. There are less than 150 champions that are useful in the game. You reach a certain point where you need certain champions to complete content (i.e. Variant, Act 6).
    I've reached the point in the game where I've seen enough "trash" champions save me units that while I wouldn't say every champ is equally useful, I will say no one can predict which champs will be particularly useful tomorrow.

Loki was considered trash, and then he wrecked high buff Uncollected bosses. King Groot is considered trash, but he is just a potion-saving monster (if not the quickest) in Variant. And this is not a new trend: the forum consensus was that Magik was at best below average *after* her buff, until power control became a highly prized ability (and it took a special event that rewarded strong power control to change public perception significantly). So this has been going on for years. And this doesn't factor in that sometimes champs get buffed into high usefulness: Spider-Gwen and Venom come to mind.

At the moment I don't really find myself deliberately using Falcon or Magneto or Punisher on offense much, but the same could have been said for several champions I occasionally use now to good effect.

The "God Tier" mentality in the sense of there only being a small handful of champions that are better than all the others and that you need for high level content, is definitely false. Not just because it has always been false, but also because Kabam is making future high end content deliberately intending to make that statement false. Individual pieces of content will be better suited to some champions over others, but I believe in the long run if you place all your eggs in the God Tier basket, one day you're going to find that Kabam has set fire to that basket. You want strong champions, but there's enough different things you want to be strong at that no small group of "god tier" champs can do it all, at least not for the vast majority of end game players.