**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Killmonger gaining armor after Medusa armor shatter

PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
A new thing after the update, KM did not gain armor or reverberation after an armor shatter, which made her a great counter. Now, after armor shatter, he gains armor and even worse, you cannot break the armor till armor shatter ends. Is this intended?

Comments

• RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    Personally i've never applied Armor Shatter to Killmonger or IWIM for that same reason, Medusa can no longer apply Armor Break debuffs once Armor Shatter is up.

I believe the Armor Shatter text reads that the opponent cant generate Armor buffs and since the Armor on KM and IWIM is passive they are still able to generate them even with Armor Shatter.

If i'm wrong, i'd appreciate to be corrected.
  • Hey there, as was mentioned, Armor Shattered only prevents Armor Buffs, but Killmonger's Vibranium Armor is a Passive Effect.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,138 ★★★★★
    If armor shatter wasnt suppose to remove it fully this should of been changed ages ago since shes been able to be a great km counter for quite sometime and just now changing it has really put me down on fighting km as she was a good option for me personally as keeping armor shatter on him made him so easy to beat and a great counter but now changed shes gonna have reduced damage against him as armor breaks just dont do as much damage for medusa's basics and also because u cant put bleeds to tick for him to go down bit quicker like wish for me personally this was changed back then when it was discovered if being a good counter than just now being changed to it cant now remove it
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    FactorQ said:

Hey there, as was mentioned, Armor Shattered only prevents Armor Buffs, but Killmonger's Vibranium Armor is a Passive Effect.

The issue is that in KM's abilities it is stated that his passive Vibranium armor is disabled if he is suffering from an armor break effect.

Seeing as Armor Break immunity nodes/abilities also prevent Armor Shattered, it stands to reason that Armor Shattered is just a more specific, powerful Armor Break, which means Armor Shattered should also prevent KM vibranium armor (which it had been, prior to the current update).
    They will just tell you that the node is wrong and the text is misleading. It should read that the defeneder is immune to armor break effects AND armor shattered as well
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110

FactorQ said:

Hey there, as was mentioned, Armor Shattered only prevents Armor Buffs, but Killmonger's Vibranium Armor is a Passive Effect.

The issue is that in KM's abilities it is stated that his passive Vibranium armor is disabled if he is suffering from an armor break effect.

Seeing as Armor Break immunity nodes/abilities also prevent Armor Shattered, it stands to reason that Armor Shattered is just a more specific, powerful Armor Break, which means Armor Shattered should also prevent KM vibranium armor (which it had been, prior to the current update).
    They will just tell you that the node is wrong and the text is misleading. It should read that the defeneder is immune to armor break effects AND armor shattered as well
    Sure, but then there's also no good reason why armor break shuts down vibranium armor while armor shatter does not.
    FactorQ said:

FactorQ said:

Sure, but then there's also no good reason why armor break shuts down vibranium armor while armor shatter does not.
    The reason is about what is writted in the abilities. But for the node, there is something wrong if armor shatterer doesn't work, unless the text is misleading
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    Something definitely changed, the AW season where they made all Def immune to bleed she was fantastic for KM. Just armour shatter him on 29 and you can crush him as required and it wouldn't be back. But if he now gets his reverb back among other similar interactions, and then on top of her no longer stopping robots from gaining power while shattered, it seems she has gone through a major nerf or hopefully only a screw up on the updates behalf.
  • KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★
    tested a few things https://youtu.be/zEI46hKnlag
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    You mention it being an Active vs passive issue, but any active armor break will break the passive vibranium armor. Your logic is not adding up here, sorry.
  • TripleBTripleB Posts: 245 ★★
    @Kabam Zibiit This change wasn’t mentioned in the update notes, nor was this intended or else I’m sure you all at Kabam would’ve changed this when passive armor ups came into the game years ago. So perhaps this is just a brain fart/ bug with the new update. Please change it back to the correct way that it was before so that the community doesn’t have to go through another she-Hulk “fiasco”. Medusa is a core part of many people’s roster and this would DEFINITELY merit rank down tickets. Just change it back, please and thank you.
  • BlackJ4zzBlackJ4zz Posts: 244 ★★
    Wow just went up against Warlock in the EQ and he still gained power yet when i went up against Ultron he was completely shut down, what Gives. And now your saying that she doesn't work on Killmonger one of the reasons she is one of my 4/55 champs.
    Kabam Pls fix this MESS
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    edited September 2019

And you all know that Killmonger can't gain his passive armor Effect until he is under an armor break debuff, right? It looks like armor shattered is not intended as an armor break.
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    Because armor shattered is not intended as an armor break, Ghost can phase during armor shattered and Emma frost can enter diamond form during armor shattered. Nice!
  • Asean18Asean18 Posts: 18
    Didn’t killmonger text clearly state that he cannot gain reverberation if he armor broken and I think I was mentioned that armor shatter is still treated as an armor break
  • Look at it this way
    Armor breaks shut down passive armor
    Armor breaks are active passive armor is passive
    Armor breaks=armor shatter due to the fact that it takes a certain # of armor breaks (in this case 6) to create an armor shatter active debuff
    Armor breaks=Armor Shatter, Armor breaks shut down passive Armor so Armor shatter should too
    Now armor shatter active debuffs can’t shut down passive armor even though THEY ARE a/an armor break debuff
    It makes no sense fix it please but the real reason why this change happened is because kabam when releasing Vision (Aarkus) he has the ability to get a 50 sec armor shatter which means Killmonger and other defenders who lose their defense capabilities due to armor shatter/break I.E (Ghost phase and Emma diamond form) will be much easier to fight (albeit they can simply put them on an armor break immunity node) so instead of having to lose out on our units they would rather bug armor shatter so for the release of Vision (Aarkus) he will have the same exact armor shatter as Medusa currently does
    Fix it please (Might as well complete a path in LOL since permanent bleeds are permanent without shatter so my r5 Medusa will shred through everything)
    Armor break debuffs do not remove passive armor's by nature. Killmoner and IW IM are two champions that specifically states on their abilities that armor breaks are able to remove their armors.

But try applying armor breaks against agressive armor, for example. It won't remove those, as is intended.

So on topic, armor break and armor shattered are two different abilities, and armor shattered isn't an armor break
  • J0NisCOOLJ0NisCOOL Posts: 115
    Kabam,

How did you come to the conclusion that stacking armor breaks (6) to shatter the armor is not an armor break. How do you reason that armor shatter, which in your description states the opponent cannot generate any additional armor buffs while suffering from this debuff, does not include the same effects as an armor break. This is complete nonsense.

2+ years of a character working as intended and you change it saying nah it is not suppose to work that way. Where do you draw the line, how are we suppose to trust anything in game. I used to get excited for new champions but now I fully expect them to work very differently down the road then when I pull them or BUY them.

This needs to be addressed and not in a round about type of way. As customers, we should not have to be victims of nonsensical semantics allowing you to alter champs as you see fit. This is becoming a sell and then change the champ scam. Now you have a no refund policy, is this the goal?