**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are you happy with the She-Hulk rank down compensation?

124»

Comments

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Indifferent happy either way

Okay, that's a bit unfair. They don't treat their customers that poorly. I don't know of a single game off the top of my head that not only takes in feedback and suggestions as much, but also gives copious amounts of free swag on a regular basis. People can be blase, they can even be bitter, but they can't argue that the game doesn't consider its Players. They acknowledged that they could have communicated that there was an issue earlier in their process and said they would work on that. However, saying they're just deceptive and they treat people horribly is just dramatic. That may be how you feel, and I don't debate feelings, but that doesn't make it a reality.

Rule number one of gaming: players treat companies as thrash but at the same time don't put their money where their mouth is. I'm probably getting cynical about it, but some (but not all) players thrash-talk gaming companies to get what they want, regardless if this in the best interest of the game over the long term. It is even a bit sociopathic.

I don't think Kabam is the worst company out there and if they do, they do not warrant your time nor money. There are gaming companies who treat their F2P customers as thrash, constantly pushing them to P2P and enervating them. Some companies totally neglect their F2P part of the game, seeing it as nothing more but as an intermezzo for P2P instead as a full game of its own. So you won't see me thrash-talking about Kabam (even though the sigil stunt really angered me).

I also think people are too hard for other people. We're all sad little flawed humans, nobody is perfect and we shouldn't be too harsh when people make mistakes.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Still unhappy but a good sign

IMHO, the change wasn't that great of a magnitude to warrant a RDT. If you take a look at She-Hulk, she's still a beast without it. And is there really someone in the room who can honestly say they only ranked-up She-Hulk because she could chain a heavy instead of a medium? No, nobody can. I decided to rank-up mine because her sig ability is awesome, her SP2 has great utility and building up Fury passives makes her a fright train. I do not believe the people who asked for RDT's were acting in good faith. I think some deliberately lied to Kabam because they want to rank-up some other champion.

RDT's are only warranted as a last resort when players got misinformed (as @DNA3000 stated). By misinformed I mean: something in the ability description that produced unintended consequences that were gamebreaking enough to nerf. If for instant Kabam decides tomorrow that Blade's Danger Sense is OP and nerf the damage boost, that would be reason enough to demand RDT's. But She-Hulk's ability to chain a heavy was never explicitly mentioned in her ability description, so you cannot say you were misinformed.

Yes, I can. Without heavy chaining her slow is hard to apply and pushing enemy to a bar of power is war more difficult. So without her heavy chaining I wouldn't do it for sure

Also would you be ok if you won't be able to chain sp into combo? It's never mentioned as well. Just like many other thing in the game
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    It's fair should have come sooner

-sixate- said:

-sixate- said:

Will definitely rank mine down. Never would have taken her up in the first place if it wasn't for her heavy action.

Is Kabam going to fix all the others that can end a combo with a heavy too?

If that is the only reason you ranked her up then you dont deserve the chance to rank her down.
    Of course! That was what made her amazing! Why would I rank up a **** champ? Maybe you like to. I don't. I ranked up Ghost to R5 cause she's a monster. Should I have taken Hulkbuster to R5 instead?

And they need to fix all others that can end a combo with a heavy too. They clearly stated only Wasp should have that ability. If they don't change the others they are liars!
    So you called her **** champ but ranked her up that's all I need to know.
    I ranked her up when she wasn't a garbage champ, duh! She was at R1 forever, after the buff she went up, and if I can take her back to R1 I will.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Indifferent happy either way
    Aleor said:

IMHO, the change wasn't that great of a magnitude to warrant a RDT. If you take a look at She-Hulk, she's still a beast without it. And is there really someone in the room who can honestly say they only ranked-up She-Hulk because she could chain a heavy instead of a medium? No, nobody can. I decided to rank-up mine because her sig ability is awesome, her SP2 has great utility and building up Fury passives makes her a fright train. I do not believe the people who asked for RDT's were acting in good faith. I think some deliberately lied to Kabam because they want to rank-up some other champion.

RDT's are only warranted as a last resort when players got misinformed (as @DNA3000 stated). By misinformed I mean: something in the ability description that produced unintended consequences that were gamebreaking enough to nerf. If for instant Kabam decides tomorrow that Blade's Danger Sense is OP and nerf the damage boost, that would be reason enough to demand RDT's. But She-Hulk's ability to chain a heavy was never explicitly mentioned in her ability description, so you cannot say you were misinformed.

Yes, I can. Without heavy chaining her slow is hard to apply and pushing enemy to a bar of power is war more difficult. So without her heavy chaining I wouldn't do it for sure

Also would you be ok if you won't be able to chain sp into combo? It's never mentioned as well. Just like many other thing in the game
    Chaining a heavy was never a real explicit part of the game but an accidental result of certain bugs. When I started to game, 90% of the fights I won because I corned the opponent and just chain heavy after heavy until that was also fixed. I didn't complain because I knew this couldn't possibly be the way this game was meant to be played. Heavy attacks deal a lot of damage and because of that, are slower to execute than other attacks. As such, there is a risk of being interrupted, a risk you take away by parrying. If you're honest, you know that's true and that you weren't really misinformed, you simply took advantage of a mechanic that shouldn't have existed. Well, you've got the advantage and now you no longer have and you'll just need to use She-Hulk like any other champion.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Still unhappy but a good sign

Aleor said:

Chaining a heavy was never a real explicit part of the game but an accidental result of certain bugs. When I started to game, 90% of the fights I won because I corned the opponent and just chain heavy after heavy until that was also fixed. I didn't complain because I knew this couldn't possibly be the way this game was meant to be played. Heavy attacks deal a lot of damage and because of that, are slower to execute than other attacks. As such, there is a risk of being interrupted, a risk you take away by parrying. If you're honest, you know that's true and that you weren't really misinformed, you simply took advantage of a mechanic that shouldn't have existed. Well, you've got the advantage and now you no longer have and you'll just need to use She-Hulk like any other champion.
    Actually sh could chain only when opponent was below a bar of power, so it wasn't as op as ghost's abilities for example. And with nodes like heavy aegis I believe it's reasonable to assume there should be more then one champ who can counter it reliably, especially with champs like mordo on it. Her heavy damage is not that impressive, to be fare. And finally, it was like that all the time. So yes, I did believe it was intended, and actually thought it was a very beautiful mechanics design after her buff. I expected similar thing for oml, with how important his heavy to be, but now kabam keeps silence on him chaining heavy.
  • Will never be happy with Kabam
    I don’t care about RDTs. As far as I’m concerned, KABAM has destroyed the last shred of credibility they had with me. Once a character is introduced AND has become ensconced in the contest, it is absolutely unethical to alter their makeup to such a major degree. I could understand it if the “programming error” had occurred and immediate steps were taken to correct it, but that was not the case here.

I am supremely frustrated, and I’m not sure I’ll stick around after the Summoner Appreciation rewards are completely distributed. I’m only staying now because I’m curious what AG I’ll receive.

Summoner Appreciation...what a joke.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Yes very much especially now they’re including gold and iso
  • LoganLogan Posts: 143 ★★
    Will never be happy with Kabam
    I am totally in favor of the RDT but....not people using a rank 5 science gem on her on purpose to convert it to basically a generic rank up package that is imbalanced! They should get what they used to rank up.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I personally know 3 ppl that have converted science rank up gems into generic resources with the way Kabam went about this whole fiasco. I dont understand how they can create so many more problems by trying to solve one thing.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    RDT aren't bad but its laughable how slow her heavy is now lol
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Neotwism said:

I personally know 3 ppl that have converted science rank up gems into generic resources with the way Kabam went about this whole fiasco. I dont understand how they can create so many more problems by trying to solve one thing.

Well I thought Kabam was going to go through this process on a case-by-case basis instead of sending them out to anyone and everyone.

It's kinda strange, but I guess that's their call, I dunno if its the Community's fault that they've done it this way.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I would like to know if this is allowed. I could finish up variant and if i get science i couldrank up shehulk just to convert it to generic resources. This goes against the integrity of the game but i doubt anyone will be punished for abusing the system.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Neotwism said:

I would like to know if this is allowed. I could finish up variant and if i get science i couldrank up shehulk just to convert it to generic resources. This goes against the integrity of the game but i doubt anyone will be punished for abusing the system.

Well now that you've publicised it I guess more are gonna do it.. hahaha..
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

I dont really think they can do anything about it since I don't think they can track what rank up resources they used on SH
  • Still unhappy but a good sign
    I lost tons of gold and ISO which has not been returned. This is very frustrating.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Melurau said:

I lost tons of gold and ISO which has not been returned. This is very frustrating.

They're sending it to everyone who used the Tickets in an Email when they expire on the 18th.
  • xdethsquadxxdethsquadx Posts: 50
    @Kabam Miike When exactly will we be getting the gold and iso8 back from she hulk rank downs? Thank you.