**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Update Program Bug for IOS

The new update keeps the home space active at the bottom during the fights so any slight touch will stop the fight and prompt a the kill/app switch screen. Previously you had to swipe up from the bottom to prompt it. The new update keeps it active. This is frustrating because the game stops abruptly mid fight quite often now.

Iphone XR
IOS 12.1
128GB

Comments

• SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    Can confirm on iPhone XS and really annoying!!!!!
  • NaikkonNaikkon Posts: 18
    Same this is horrible - iPhone XR
  • CharChar Posts: 35
    I’m also experiencing the same issue. It messed me up twice fighting AW boss earlier. The multitask screen to switch/close apps was getting dragged when I was dashing forward and holding my thumbs in middle of screen, then leaving into another app and coming back with game paused. Thankfully I didn’t concede a death because of this, but could turn bad very quickly.

Device: iPhone XS
    iOS 13.1
  • DecksieDecksie Posts: 33
    edited September 2019
    Also having this issue.

Device: iPhone XR
    iOS 12.4.1
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    Really annoying you accidentally catch it
    iPad Pro 2018 WiFi cellular iOS 13.1 beta programme
  • Carme1974Carme1974 Posts: 231
    Same Problems. iPhone XR
  • Hi all!

We are looking into this issue. Thank you for the report and screenshots.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Hi Kabam, since the update for iOS went live today my iPhone X has a problem with it.

It would seem that the interaction between the no home button (clear bar/white bar) and the game is acting funky.

Typically this bar to minimize or close the game was “clear”. It took a swipe up to “activate” the bar, then proceed with another swipe up to actually minimize the game.

Now that bar is activated from every menu change, during fights etc... it causes a deep swipe to minimize the game without warning.

I can provide screen shots of the bar activated if needed.

iPhone X iOS 12.4.1
    I think it’s messing up the screen touch as well. Many times specials aren’t activating and I can’t “tap” the screen at the end of the fight to speed up loading the next screen.
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    Having to double tap to activate an input light attack medium attack and also team selection for arenas doesn’t swipe the champion into place then in fight game sometimes doesn’t respond since the update
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Thank you for posting this thread. Using an iPhone XR and iOS 12.4.1. This bug seems to be MCOC related instead of iOS related. The bug started happening after I updated to MCOC 24.1. It's occurred both before and after I updated to iOS 12.4.1
    This is pretty bad imo. So many miss screen touches going on in game I’m scared of aq (map7) tomorrow. The rest of the game can wait. But not alliance quest.
  • Can confirm the problem. Happens every few seconds, not playable

iPhone XR - iOS 12.4
  • SamdroxtaarSamdroxtaar Posts: 129
    Its getting so frustrate now after updating app now getting grey home bar not disappearing and even sometimes getting me back to home again and again pls fix update
  • shingbabshingbab Posts: 120
    Me too!

iPhone XR - iOS 12.4
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    What is going on????
    I really hope you have emergency hot fix for this because meanwhile it switch apps during every 2nd fights and in ~30% of these time my game crash and restarted, meaning 50% penalty, losing arena rounds with my 6*, losing health in AQ!!!!
    One of the worst update!!!!
  • KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★
    Can confirm

iPhoneXR

-i was testing this live on stream and whenever my thumb was on the opponent's crotch(dont you get any ideas fam)....this bar would become active at the bottom. almost like its detection area was increased.
  • I have an iPhone XR on iOS 12.4.1. After updating to version 24.2 of the game, the home bar keeps appearing as if I am swiping up to reveal it. This is very annoying during game play, as it is very distracting. Please resolve this issue, and don’t just hope the iOS 13 update will fix the issue. Last year, before the release of iOS 12, there was the battery drain and over heating issue, and you guys just left it for almost a month. Fix the game and don’t add more features if it’s going to break the game. Do you guys honestly have people that test the game updates before release? And if so, do they actually open the game?
  • Just to add onto that, I have restarted my device numerous times, and I have completely deleted the game and reinstalled it, and the issue still exists.
  • I’m also having the same issue, exactly the same device (iPhone XR 128gb, iOS 12.4.1)
  • DoonxDoonx Posts: 182
    Happens to me too. Iphone X ios 12.4.1
  • Dob1616Dob1616 Posts: 166
    Hello, since this latest update every single movement or screen change activates my phones home bar which in turn causes me to do one of the following, 1- change to a different open app or 2-close MCOC, all by doing basic needed swiping movements on my phone. Now if you didn’t know the XR phone doesn’t have a home button like other iPhones and it’s beginning to b a pain when let’s say u’re fighting a boss in AW and I swipe too low and well now I’m typing gibberish in my Line chat room. Below is a photo of that helps. Pls investigate and advise.
  • There’s probably a much better existing thread to add my comment below into, but....

Would depend on HOW Apple actually designed their interface. Whether or not Apple allows an individual App to even “disable” that on-screen “Home Bar”. If they do allow it, it could not be something that could disable it for the course of the entire time in an App. It could (at best) be something that would allow Kabam to temporarily disable the Home Bar only during an actual Fight.

Could you imagine if Apple allowed Apps to disable it always ? There would be no way to use anything else on your phone (unless the Power Button were used to get around the fact that you basically wouldn’t have an active Home button anymore).

All depends on Apple.
  • There’s probably a much better existing thread to add my comment below into, but....

Would depend on HOW Apple actually designed their interface. Whether or not Apple allows an individual App to even “disable” that on-screen “Home Bar”. If they do allow it, it could not be something that could disable it for the course of the entire time in an App. It could (at best) be something that would allow Kabam to temporarily disable the Home Bar only during an actual Fight.

Could you imagine if Apple allowed Apps to disable it always ? There would be no way to use anything else on your phone (unless the Power Button were used to get around the fact that you basically wouldn’t have an active Home button anymore).

All depends on Apple.

It's a kabam issue....before this update kabam would hide the home bar (could swipe from bottom to activate) other apps hide it as well. It has made game play horrible.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,417 Guardian
    edited September 2019
    So that BAR is actually something you can directly “click” on (and not just a visual clue indicating that you can “swipe up” from bottom to access it) ??
    Maybe still a bad combination of software coding by both companies then.

And does the XR then basically have a zero-edge to it, and if so then where do you actually hold it without constantly having part of your hands touching some part of the touchable screen area ?? (Similar to the brilliant idea of some phone engineers to design a curved glass edge to some phones, rendering pointless any thought of actually protecting your device by getting a rubber-edge phone case for it).
  • Subman9615Subman9615 Posts: 1
    I am having the same issue with iPhone X with home bar. Didn’t have this issue until this last update