**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Two options for Cosmic awakening gem.

DonnymeijDonnymeij Posts: 849 ★★★
hello everyone.
Very soon I will fully have explored 5.4 and get my first awakening gem.
I got a good candidate for every type, but am struggling to decide what champ to awaken with a cosmic gem.
My candidates are:
Skill: Blade r4
Mutant: Iceman r4 (or Omega Red, but my phone generally does not like his dead aura and lags hard)
Science: Cap IW r4
Tech: Ghost r4 (or Sentinel, if I pull him from the 2 crystals for variant 3)
Mystic: Mephisto r4 (only other option is Symbiote, which I do not like)

and

Cosmic: Corvus r5, or , Venom r4
Corvus is my beast, and venom my favorite character in the game, also besides gameplay. And he seems to have a greater benefit from the gem. But it might be because I do not understand Corvus.
I always use Heimdall so how helpful is the extra survivability of the corvus awakening?

Comments

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,364 ★★★★★
    I used a cosmic gem on 4* Corvus. To be honest, it doesn't help all that often (as it's usually specials that finish you off, with our without awakening), but it's certainly possible to get done extra hits on on 1 health and win a few extra fights. So it's handy, but not transformative. It's nowhere near as useful as having Heimdall on the team...

Similarly, Venom just gets started faster out of the gate; but being Awakened doesn't do a huge amount for him in longer fights. He probably gains more than Corvus does, though; and given his tremendous utility I'd lean towards him.

On the other hand, if that Heimdall of yours is a 5*, I'd actually give consideration to Awakening him. It'll definitely improve his damage a lot if you can get Precision buffs; and you can get a mini Power Start in subsequent fights. Just a thought, which I'll leave with you.
  • Options
    TheRenegade98TheRenegade98 Posts: 120
    I disagree with the corvus part, the glaive of immortality does a lot if you are a skilled player, due to the fact that corvus cannot die by any means while he has charges active, therefore no debuff can kill him until these charges expire... Due to this fact, once you can effectively dex and intercept he is insane, especially considering he's r5... This makes a 20% revive go a long way and can give you some serious damage output in return
  • Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    This is Corvus ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    This is Venom ._.
    Go ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
  • Options
    _MGP__MGP_ Posts: 75
    Go with Corvus his awakened ability can help a lot more than venom or heimdall