**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Glitch SOLUTION

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
Instead of nerfing the BEST thing to happen in months how about this

You look at everyone's Master keys

The person with the most Keys will be the measuring stick here

This Keys are essentially the number of times the glitch was exploited

So everyone will get the same number of rewards equal to (highest key total) minus (current key amount)

Call it a moment of generosity from the Grandmaster in light of the new 6* news

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Or just do what they did in the past and remove the extra rewards.
    Much better idea
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Just a terrible idea, lol
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Much better idea

Excuse me for being an optimist

You can't sit there and tell me you'd be happy to NOT get tons of shards
    You're saying flooding new players with class cats, champs, and T2As is a good idea? You can't possibly think this.

Even if they used summoner rating as a guideline on who gets it (or Uncollected even), it's all bad and people will flip out. Would be kinda funny, but still a terrible idea.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Much better idea

This isn't optimistic it's insane lol
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Instead of nerfing the BEST thing to happen in months how about this

You look at everyone's Master keys

The person with the most Keys will be the measuring stick here

This Keys are essentially the number of times the glitch was exploited

So everyone will get the same number of rewards equal to (highest key total) minus (current key amount)

Call it a moment of generosity from the Grandmaster in light of the new 6* news

What's his name the glitch still works I have units I'll gift him energy refills till his heart content

Calm down I'm only getting Medium exploration for some reason not worth the units or time
    You're saying flooding new players with class cats, champs, and T2As is a good idea? You can't possibly think this.

Even if they used summoner rating as a guideline on who gets it (or Uncollected even), it's all bad and people will flip out. Would be kinda funny, but still a terrible idea.

And the vets wouldn't benefit? THE ONES WHO ACTUALLY NEED IT would not benefit?
    A lot of Players would be pumped, but it would devalue LoL so bad that you'd see mass droves just quit and bail. New players weeks in with duped 5* champs at R4 blowing through Act 1....insanity
  • Dropfaith wrote: »
    There's a way to get master rewards.. I unfortunately can't do it cause I was done and this bug doesn't work

HOW???
    Much better idea

Of course I want free stuff.
    But this isn't the case. I prefer to not have nothing and watch the others suffer
  • Average_PlayerAverage_Player Posts: 80
    This exploit works on any quest that you have yet to 100%.. Theoretically, you could get LOL completion rewards multiple times...since it's already been proven to work on other quests outside of the monthly event quest
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    I'm with OP, I said the same before.

Whatever the most was gained, should just be distributed to all players.

I mean you wanna make t2 alphas and 5* shards more accessible... here is the perfect opportunity to back that statement.

Unless they mean available via buying! Which would be a joke
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    edited August 2017
    lol ever since 12.0, compensation rewards (pretty much coincided with netmarbles acquisition of the vancouver studio) have been as scarce as a 2 horned unicorn. good lucky even getting a lvl 1 potion out of them.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    So you want everyone to get 50,000 4 star shards 50,000 5 star shards and 30 t4 basics, lol you have a lot of good and bad ideas but I have to say this is one of your worst
  • Average_PlayerAverage_Player Posts: 80
    Sungj wrote: »
    So you want everyone to get 50,000 4 star shards 50,000 5 star shards and 30 t4 basics, lol you have a lot of good and bad ideas but I have to say this is one of your worst

If Kabam can't find a way to properly reverse all rewards obtained by this exploit, then this isn't such a bad idea.

If Kabam can't find a way to properly reverse all rewards obtained by this exploit, then this isn't such a bad idea.

They will probably do what they did in the last time this happened ... Back up to the rewards

It's a horrible idea! People who have been playing for a few weeks will reach the progression of people who have been playing months to a year. They will remove rewards people unfairly got they did the same when the dimensional rift crystals glitched out they will do the same here

It's a horrible idea! People who have been playing for a few weeks will reach the progression of people who have been playing months to a year. They will remove rewards people unfairly got they did the same when the dimensional rift crystals glitched out they will do the same here

How? They'd lack ISO, class cats, experience, units, GOLD… the only thing they have is a few 5*s and some extra 4*s which Kabam LOVES throwing at newer players from the PHC and the Caleldars already kinda devalued the Noob/Vet bridge when this month alone was 5k 5* shards

Also consider the rarity of decent champions and barring luck most people might get 1 usaable champ 5* and maybe a handful of great 4*s

However I'm willing bet That I'd get a lot more use out of 48 T4b than a new player as that BARELY meets my needs to keep up with my champions

That also doesn't give T1-T2 basics or any class cats

How? They'd lack ISO, class cats, experience, units, GOLD… the only thing they have is a few 5*s and some extra 4*s which Kabam LOVES throwing at newer players from the PHC and the Caleldars already kinda devalued the Noob/Vet bridge when this month alone was 5k 5* shards

Also consider the rarity of decent champions and barring luck most people might get 1 usaable champ 5* and maybe a handful of great 4*s

However I'm willing bet That I'd get a lot more use out of 48 T4b than a new player as that BARELY meets my needs to keep up with my champions

That also doesn't give T1-T2 basics or any class cats

I just think its ridiculous you are actually suggesting kabam give over half years worth of hard grind resources for free. The best way to solve the glitch is to solve the problem it caused not add another problem into the mix. If you remember back in dimensional rift days people accidentally received ten thousand dimensional rift crystals and the rewards from exploiting those were actually way more drastic than the exploited rewards this time around and those rewards were revoked and accounts reverted to their previous states
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    While I can't comment officially, they may be removed. It's tricky because Players received them for simply doing the Quest. What I'm almost positive of is that it's not reasonable to expect them to give the same to all Players. That doesn't make sense as a feasible solution. I can't see them profiting everyone from a glitch that became an exploit.