**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Changes No One Noticed...

Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
Folks have been talking about Medusa's armor shatter not working the same on champs like KM. Here are a couple other changes that no one noticed:

1. Mordo's power gain buff never used to refresh after Fate Seal or Mephisto's debuff ability. He now does it.
2. Iceman's armor buff also would never automatically refresh after a Fate Seal or Mephisto's debuff ability. He does now. Before you had to pop a t3 to get it back.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Folks have been talking about Medusa's armor shatter not working the same on champs like KM. Here are a couple other changes that no one noticed:

1. Mordo's power gain buff never used to refresh after Fate Seal or Mephisto's debuff ability. He now does it.
    2. Iceman's armor buff also would never automatically refresh after a Fate Seal or Mephisto's debuff ability. He does now. Before you had to pop a t3 to get it back.

Actually Icemans armor buff has been a known bug for a while now.
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    Whether or not they were in the path notes @Jaded they were part of the counters to those champs and no one really paid attention to a clear player unfriendly change. Now both champs are harder to fight on defense.

Whether or not they were in the path notes @Jaded they were part of the counters to those champs and no one really paid attention to a clear player unfriendly change. Now both champs are harder to fight on defense.

Icemans is a bug, which they are looking into, and has been going on for a while. also nothing in either ability should prevent mordo from gaining his power gain buff after they wore off. That is neither player friendly or unfriendly.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

The fix was in regards to fate seal not allowing buffs to re-produce after shutting them down.

Mordo is immune to AAR. While fate seal isn’t AAR, it means it should have never shut down his power gain permanently. It’s fixed. This doesn’t make him harder on defence with the massive amount of counters he has. The entire time mordo has been in the game, I’ve never personally had to turn off his power gain to make him easier to beat. Nor have I looked at a way to do this.
    zeezee57 said:

I'm curious to see how this Medusa issue plays out. Shes obviously bugged but the mods have stated her armor shatter doesnt stop KM vibranium armor and reverb, even though it has since he was released. I'm really hoping they retract that and set her back to normal. It just makes no sense at all to suddenly change that. You want to restore players confidence in their champs being what they spent time, money and resources to build up, this damn sure isn't the way.

Dude this isn’t new. Medusa’s armor shatter legit never stopped his reverb. Her armor breaks did not her armor shatter. Never ever happened.
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    Jaded said:

zeezee57 said:

I'm curious to see how this Medusa issue plays out. Shes obviously bugged but the mods have stated her armor shatter doesnt stop KM vibranium armor and reverb, even though it has since he was released. I'm really hoping they retract that and set her back to normal. It just makes no sense at all to suddenly change that. You want to restore players confidence in their champs being what they spent time, money and resources to build up, this damn sure isn't the way.

Dude this isn’t new. Medusa’s armor shatter legit never stopped his reverb. Her armor breaks did not her armor shatter. Never ever happened.
    I've always used Sym Spidey against him with his 15sec armor break and it never reforms. If Medusa's armor shatter doesn't prevent Ironman (IW) passive armor from reforming, don't see why it could/should work against KM. Just my 2 cents worth.

They were there. People talkes about it, and knew what this was all about. You probably misses it.
    Jaded said:

zeezee57 said:

Armor shattered did stop him from gaining his passive armor. No vibranium armor, no reverb
    Medusa’s armor shatter has NEVER stopped km’s reverb from producing. Never. If it ever happened for you, that was a glitch.

Jaded said:

zeezee57 said:

I've always used Sym Spidey against him with his 15sec armor break and it never reforms. If Medusa's armor shatter doesn't prevent Ironman (IW) passive armor from reforming, don't see why it could/should work against KM. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Armor shatter and armor break are completely different. Medusa’s armor break does stop km’s reverb. Her armor shatter does not. Whether it should or shouldn’t, it has never.

We in our ally ran practice runs on vivified km on map 7. Using medusa was an option (still is if anyone is looking). The key to that fight interaction was to NOT armor shatter him otherwise his reverb would come back.

This isn’t me hyperbolizing y'all. This is practiced and true.
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Jaded said:

zeezee57 said:

I fight him 5 out of 7 days a week in map 5 aq nd both are true. There was a time awhile ago when only her armor break would stop it and then after an update awhile back both the break and shatter shut it down and then with the most recent up date its back to just the break.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    edited September 2019
    Jaded said:

They were there. People talkes about it, and knew what this was all about. You probably misses it.
    Jaded said:

zeezee57 said:

Armor shattered did stop him from gaining his passive armor. No vibranium armor, no reverb
    Medusa’s armor shatter has NEVER stopped km’s reverb from producing. Never. If it ever happened for you, that was a glitch.
    Then how do you explain KM armor description...?

**EDIT** just noticed you answered it, but still find it iffy considering reverb wasn’t coming back in map 6 with armor shatter on.
    Plantesan said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

zeezee57 said:

Then how do you explain KM armor description...?
    I’d explain it as that it states armor break effects disable reverb armor. Armor shatter isn’t armor break. 🤷‍♂️. I’m not saying it makes sense, I’m speaking directly by game play.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019

i have another to add to the list, the fact that the "no internet connection" warning is no longer at the center with text, but just the red wifi symbol appearing nearby the opponent's special attack button.

I actually really like this. Much cleaner and modern looking. Also easier to notice

i have another to add to the list, the fact that the "no internet connection" warning is no longer at the center with text, but just the red wifi symbol appearing nearby the opponent's special attack button.

I actually really like this. Much cleaner and modern looking. Also easier to notice
    on phones maybe, but on a 12 inch tablet it is not.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

zeezee57 said:

I'm not saying it isn't currently working as described. Per abilities, armor shattered shouldn't really stop the vibranium armor, I agree with that.
    But until this last update, armor shatter DID stopped reverbation. Always.
  • BriceMiesterBriceMiester Posts: 278
    Lormif said:

Icemans is a bug, which they are looking into, and has been going on for a while. also nothing in either ability should prevent mordo from gaining his power gain buff after they wore off. That is neither player friendly or unfriendly.
    I love how they managed to FIX she hulk so fast since it was working against them but if something is working against the players than it just sits for months til they get around to it

Lormif said:

I love how they managed to FIX she hulk so fast since it was working against them but if something is working against the players than it just sits for months til they get around to it
    Increasing the base time for a charge attack is more than likely changing a single digit in a db someplace. Trying to figure our complex interactions with different functions/methods of the code is much harder. they fix things in our favor quickly as well, if it is something they can fix quickly. Shoot the iceman thing is something that is neutral, it can work for us or against us depending on if we are using iceman or the computer is.
  • Lormif said:

I love how Kabam can be simultaneously accused of taking so exceptionally long to fix She Hulk's combo timing that they should just let the players keep the behavior, and also accused of fixing it so quickly they must have ulterior motives in prioritizing the fix. I mean, it is hilarious but only because its not my job to fix it. I would imagine this would be infuriating to someone who actually had to work on it.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I don't really like the new Internet connection icon. I guess to many memes were made with the old text. Wish they would have actually fixed their connection problems instead, I think it's worse now with this last update. Funny how I can stream Netflix flawlessly while playing but the game can't find internet..smdh.
  • Incitatus666Incitatus666 Posts: 189
    edited September 2019
    Jaded said:

zeezee57 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n_zCWhTorM

You're wrong, this is from when the maze event was up in December
  • Incitatus666Incitatus666 Posts: 189
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

zeezee57 said:

Armor shatter and armor break are completely different. Medusa’s armor break does stop km’s reverb. Her armor shatter does not. Whether it should or shouldn’t, it has never.

We in our ally ran practice runs on vivified km on map 7. Using medusa was an option (still is if anyone is looking). The key to that fight interaction was to NOT armor shatter him otherwise his reverb would come back.

This isn’t me hyperbolizing y'all. This is practiced and true.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/157739/killmonger-gaining-armor-after-medusa-armor-shatter/p1

Kabam Zybit acknowledged he mispoke on the armor shatter issue in this thread her. It's obviously a bug.