**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is the reign of Medusa over?

AndTavAndTav Posts: 261
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
With the arrival of Aarkus and the OML buff, do you think Medusa tends to become a common champion pitch now? Will the layers be redefined? I feel a deep sadness because she was my # 1 champion.

Comments

• AndTavAndTav Posts: 261
    Lormif said:

AndTav said:

With the arrival of Aarkus and the OML buff, do you think Medusa tends to become a common pitch now? Will the layers be redefined? I feel a deep sadness because she was my # 1 champion.

The reign of medusa ended long ago.
    Until August was not. Disappointing however.
    edited September 2019
    Lormif said:

AndTav said:

Lormif said:

AndTav said:

With the arrival of Aarkus and the OML buff, do you think Medusa tends to become a common pitch now? Will the layers be redefined? I feel a deep sadness because she was my # 1 champion.

I disagree.you rarely see her used, corvus is king on attack, and medusa is rarely used in AW on defense anymore
    I use mine in the AW attack, missions, AQ .... I used to do everything with her. The issue I raised was one of uselessness.
    edited September 2019
    zeezee57 said:

Medusa had been supplanted a while ago for me. Shes mostly used now for robots and KM, which apparently she won't be as useful for one of those when they fix her.

yes it seems :'(
    One more nerf?
    edited September 2019

i still don't get why ppl are saying she is bugged?

Maybe it's because of the interaction with KM.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    AndTav said:

i still don't get why ppl are saying she is bugged?

Maybe it's because of the interaction with KM.
    That and the bugged ability sheet that seems to indicate a drop in ability against robots.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    CodeOmega said:

@Lormif @AndTav Medusa is still an extremely good champion...don’t know what you guys are on about. She’s certainly not the best in the game now, but she’s still up there (top 10)

Cull, domino, omega, marvel aquamen, ghost, corvus, aigon, nick, vtd, emma, havok, possibly sunspot, even cap larsen, wich I personally strongly dislike... I also believe older champs like hype or sparky are better than medusa. Not top 10 for sure
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Medusa peaked with variant 1 with all those robot bosses and she has never been in the upper epsilon of champions since.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

AndTav said:

Lormif said:

AndTav said:

I disagree.you rarely see her used, corvus is king on attack, and medusa is rarely used in AW on defense anymore
    There is at least 1 in every battlegroup, what are you on about??
    There are sometimes multiple in gold 1 and plat 4 and every war video I have seen in masters has a medusa on defence.

Lormif said:

AndTav said:

Lormif said:

AndTav said:

There is at least 1 in every battlegroup, what are you on about??
    There are sometimes multiple in gold 1 and plat 4 and every war video I have seen in masters has a medusa on defence.
    I have been in several without her. She was supplanted by korg and others a long time ago. Some still use her in a lesser role but that is deteriorating.

Everyone has their preferences. Personally, I think her main use is on Defense & against Robots. People say how “nobody places her” & “she never gets kills”, but numbers don’t lie, & the amount of kills she continues to get in high tier AW begs to differ, so I call BS on that assumption.
    And I doubt that because Aarkus & OML now have Armor Shatter, Medusa will be replaced. Medusa’s Armor Shatter has much different effects then theirs, especially with the extremely powerful ability of shutting down Robots.

Personally, I do also believe Medusa would be considered a WAYY better champion if Black Bolt were better as well. What if Ghost Rider were as bad as Hulkbuster? Would people still look at Blade the same way? I seriously doubt it.

Medusa still has her uses, & is a great champion. Personally, I’d put her as #3 in the Cosmic Class, behind Corvus & Hyperion. And I don’t even like Hyperion, but can’t deny his power.

So man, you put she in front of aarkus, but from what I can see, he outperformed Medusa in many ways, his main differential was the Shattered Armor, besides, he infringes more debuffs than she does. Maybe if you compare damage, she can still win. We will have 3 champions with the same ability.
    AndTav said:

we still have this question to solve.

Seeing here, apparently it's a mistake in the skill descriptions. I fought a Vision in the mission, and after the shattered armor it neither generated power nor activated the synthesis.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Aleor said:

CodeOmega said:

@Lormif @AndTav Medusa is still an extremely good champion...don’t know what you guys are on about. She’s certainly not the best in the game now, but she’s still up there (top 10)

Cull, domino, omega, marvel aquamen, ghost, corvus, aigon, nick, vtd, emma, havok, possibly sunspot, even cap larsen, wich I personally strongly dislike... I also believe older champs like hype or sparky are better than medusa. Not top 10 for sure
    Nick and Emma Frost in the TOP ten? LMAO

Aleor said:

CodeOmega said:

Nick and Emma Frost in the TOP ten? LMAO
    That was a list of champs he considered better, after all he listed 15
    edited September 2019

so in a year we will be told she was always meant to be that way and they wont "fix" her same song and dance.

Okay, as long as they give rank down tickets, as they did with She-Hulk.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    edited September 2019
    i'd say she was never a top champ,she is definetly in top 15-20 but she had her limitations, for cosmics hyperion had much higher damage n utility then came corvus,he was lot better then her as well but medusa still and will always hold her position as very strong candidate for 5/65, awakening gem and main boss in AW!! in other words she was perfectly balanced and nicely created champ , great animations,great damage,cool defensive utility like autoblock and poison immunity!! in last 1 year they have kind of forgot about having balanced champions like medusa !! either they Are TOo OP like domino! or they r very bery underwhelming like Ebony or diablo, HT or anihilus where kind of on middle ground who seems balanced and Not Op but seems like they wanna make them OP .
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180

Everyone has their preferences. Personally, I think her main use is on Defense & against Robots. People say how “nobody places her” & “she never gets kills”, but numbers don’t lie, & the amount of kills she continues to get in high tier AW begs to differ, so I call BS on that assumption.
    And I doubt that because Aarkus & OML now have Armor Shatter, Medusa will be replaced. Medusa’s Armor Shatter has much different effects then theirs, especially with the extremely powerful ability of shutting down Robots.

Personally, I do also believe Medusa would be considered a WAYY better champion if Black Bolt were better as well. What if Ghost Rider were as bad as Hulkbuster? Would people still look at Blade the same way? I seriously doubt it.

Medusa still has her uses, & is a great champion. Personally, I’d put her as #3 in the Cosmic Class, behind Corvus & Hyperion. And I don’t even like Hyperion, but can’t deny his power.

Cap Marvel>>Hyperion in almost every scenario. Probably every single scenario.
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180
    Medusa on defense can really mess up ghost users if they make one mistake. Being a hardcore ghost player, I can say with no shame that medusa creates the most problems for me on AwD aside from mister sinister. Not korg, not ebony maw but medusa
  • I'm here to express my opinion about the Nerf that kabam did on Medusa. Let's get together and do a resistence about this. It's absolutely unnecessary Nerf. Only because kabam release a new champion that will die like a ant to Medusa.