**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

About time for a 5* basic arena?

Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
Its been 2 years since the last arena update, and I believe 3 years since we got the basic 4* arena. Hasn't the game progressed since then till the point where a 5* basic arena should be coming about now?

Especially given the pivot recently to phase out 4*s, the majority of the player population is now needing specific 5*s in order to clear content. Popping crystals just isn't a viable way to wait for that single champ that you need. I'm still waiting to dupe my 5* Star Lord after 3 years+.

Comments

• CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    I second this. I have seen people say that “kabam will make less money” from this. But I think they are wrong. Giving players more ways to engage and spend time in the game where they feel they are progressing won’t hurt their bottom line. No whales will turn to guppies due to a 5* Basic arena. We all survived the 4* Basic arena, and we will all survive this.
  • Bergy25Bergy25 Posts: 57
    A lot of things need updating. I’m on board with this one.
  • This one keeps popping up. More and more frequently lately. *hint, hint* *nudge, nudge* I've gone into deep detail the benefits of a 5* Basic Arena. The best move would be to introduce the 5* Basic WITH the 6* Feature. Roll both out at the same time. That way, Arena gets 2 major updates in 1 shot, and the cutoffs go down across the board. All the while, inspiring more players to do arena in general.

By the time a champ reaches the Basic arena, they've already been in the feature crystal enough times that it wouldn't have an impact on sales of those. Basic Arena would give more players a shot at getting said champs with the 1-10% rank rewards. Also, more milestones. Which means access to more units, BCs, and Gold. All of which are always in need.
  • GK_23GK_23 Posts: 282 ★★★
    It would be great to hear a comment from Kabam on this.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★

The main reason we haven't heard back is likely due to the fact they cannot say what's what if they don't have a solid timeframe or plan for it. It has been acknowledged by Kabam. Last I heard, they were looking into the possibility of doing this. Considering the amount of people who play Arena on the regular, hopefully they're putting some more time into getting this into play.

I still say we need BOTH a 6* Feature and 5* Basic at this point. The inflated scores in the 5* Feature Arena detour the average player from really going at it. Not to mention the fact that people are grinding 60-80+ million points for a 5* champ. That in itself is ridiculous as 5* champs are no longer the top tier.

The demand for a well rounded 5* roster in Act 6 is pretty apparent. Let's also note the more 5* champs we can attain, the more likely we'll be to duplicate when opening crystals and in turn, get more 6* shards. Who doesn't want more of those? Lol. Plus, more rank rewards would be available, thus increasing the overall availability of shards in general. All in all, we need new Arenas. Many aspects of the game have evolved over the last 2 years and Arena has not. It's high time those 2 Arenas become a reality IMO.

Fully agreed. It is time for Kabam to make good their statement that 5*s and 6*s have become more accessible to those with the cavalier title.
    Still waiting, Kabam........
    The silence continues.......
  • BriceMiesterBriceMiester Posts: 278
    And will Continue they have no comment on upgrading Arenas for some reason, if one of us is willing to insult someone or risk a ban I'm sure kabam would be all over this poll lol
  • Krishang_1710Krishang_1710 Posts: 1
    This should really be taken into consideration , with the help of a 5 star basic arena intermediate players such as myself could get their hands on certain champions required
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    Agreed - why isn't there a 5* basic? would probably spread out the arenas better and make things more reasonable.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Jumping on this thread because it’s in need of being addressed...

A couple of years back, 4* basic arena was a primary method of champ acquisition for me. There’s nothing on par with that in the game today for 5*—in fact, about the best a player can hope for (if one doesn’t have a stacked lineup of 6*’s and/or a pile of cash to burn on refreshes) is 1/5 of a randomly generated 5* from arena (plus a pittance of 6* shards) or the occasional snowball’s chance of getting a decent champ for under 20M (Hela and Corvus)

That’s ridiculous.

But that goes for almost any champ, not just the shiny new superstars—even lunkers and arena fodder require over 20M.

Milestones are nice for chips and units, but the fact that a 5* arena gives out PHC’s and arena boosts is also way behind the times.

Time to update rewards, run a basic 5* arena alongside the featured just like the old days with 4* basics. It’s that simple.

Dr. Zola
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    This is what I would do.

6* Featured. Same parameters as 5* featured. - Only for players with the Cav title. Add Cav shards to the milestones and lots of 5* and 6* shards to the ranked rewards.

5* Featured. Keep it the same parameters. Increase champ payouts to top 400.

5* Basic. Same parameters as 4* featured.

4* Featured. Same parameters as 4* basic.

4* Basic. Same parameters as 3* featured.

3* Featured. Same parameters as summoner trials.

This would give Cav players the promised increase access to 5*/6* shards. It would lower cutoffs in other arenas to allow players to build their rosters easier. It just might interest those of us with big enough rosters to sleep walk to 13.5M in the current 5* featured arena.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

This is what I would do.

6* Featured. Same parameters as 5* featured. - Only for players with the Cav title. Add Cav shards to the milestones and lots of 5* and 6* shards to the ranked rewards.

5* Featured. Keep it the same parameters. Increase champ payouts to top 400.

5* Basic. Same parameters as 4* featured.

4* Featured. Same parameters as 4* basic.

4* Basic. Same parameters as 3* featured.

3* Featured. Same parameters as summoner trials.

This would give Cav players the promised increase access to 5*/6* shards. It would lower cutoffs in other arenas to allow players to build their rosters easier. It just might interest those of us with big enough rosters to sleep walk to 13.5M in the current 5* featured arena.

Big improvement.

I’m not asking for more reasons to spend time in game. But arenas really don’t work for veteran players who aren’t deeply invested in spending. Basically, it’s table scraps, and with the pool as large as it is, it can take forever to get the champ you need to handle what has become very champ-specific content at the advanced level.

I know I preach it too much...but autonomy is good for the game. Futility isn’t.

Dr. Zola
  • Parodical_Sun1Parodical_Sun1 Posts: 143
    edited September 2019
    Indeed there need to be a separate arena for 5* champs. I have mostly been doing arenas where 4* and 5* champs required but the power differential been a maxed out 4* and a maxed out 5* is too extreme, which causes players who don’t have many 4* and 5* champs to loose their winning streak multiplier as well not engage in the arenas for the inflated milestone awards ranging in 10 to 20 million and up for a featured 4*,especially for those players trying to acquire newer featured 4* champs to their roster is beyond challenging battling with Veteran seasoned players with maxed out 5*.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    They'll lose money on the Cavs & Grandmaster crystals.

They'll never do it.

Give it up kids.
    How long has it been since anyone from Kabam last said something about this?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    2 years
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    Any comment from @Kabam Miike and team? Would love to see a 5* basic arena now that the game is evolving towards 6*'s.
  • NatoradeNatorade Posts: 34
    Kabam answered this today in Dork Lesson’s new video. https://youtu.be/YGkh6FKXczk
    Natorade said:

Kabam answered this today in Dork Lesson’s new video. https://youtu.be/YGkh6FKXczk

A bunch of “politician” answers.