**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Yep. Time to introduce a new EQ difficulty with increased rewards.

Comments

• Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    I think they should keep all present content at the level of difficulty it is now for new and less experience players and just add a new, more challenging 'cavalier' monthly event quest.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    I am thinking they are waiting for act6.4 to be the gate for that. They have said cav was not meant to be the game changer uncollected was, that tells me the title for 6.4 will be greater.
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 791 ★★★
    This one and last month were both pretty easy. I will often use a revive or two on UC, usually on the last couple bosses before I get their moves down, since I hate restarting my run. But not last couple months. It'll swing back and then I'll be grumbling about the difficulty again.
  • Options
    ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Derp, derp, derp haven't 100%, herp, derppa, derp.

Yes. Haven't 100% yet. 100% is meant to be a soft difficulty increase.

If you actually read, you would understand my post. Completion was easy... too easy. I asked for a higher difficulty with higher rewards.

UC EQ completion difficulty = 5. UC EQ 100% = 7.

100% is irrelevant to the post.

I'm asking for... let's say, a Cav difficulty that would = 9 with increased rewards. 100% would turn it up to 11.

If I didn't 100% Cav... that's fine. Not there yet.

Sure, UC 100% rewards are not bad, but anyone with r5s and r2s can sleepwalk through it. Fine, free stuff.

Personally, I don't care about the challenge, I want the increased rewards. When bad players such as myself have reached the point where UC is like Master, we need to move the goal posts.
  • Options
    Xyresic_LemonXyresic_Lemon Posts: 125
    Greekhit said:

Another difficulty added it’s something might won’t happen anytime soon. Just think of how much the gap between cavaliers and beginners will grow. Instead game developers should be focused on helping new players grow faster and have a chance of being competitive. That would help the game to grow itself.
    Anyway, unofficially we have Cavalier difficulty already, it is just named Variant and it’s a permanent content, avoiding the moaning from low/mid players for exclusion from content. Another issue is the energy cost and time consumption. Most people, including me, are currently exploring three difficulties (Heroic, Master and Uncollected), adding a fourth one, with each difficulty having 30 paths, will be extreme boring and exhausting (in fact it is already) making the game a bad experience. And that without counting in any side quests. So, without a serious reduction to paths (23 to 25max would be ok), a fourth difficulty would push the average player to the limits of burn out.

You can just choose to stop doing Heroic or Master, or both. If you're burning yourself out because there is too much content in a month, just do less content. Simple. Especially since if they did add a cavalier difficulty, the rewards would (hopefully) be good enough to justify not doing the easier modes anymore.
  • Options
    Aryl said:

Personally, I don't care about the challenge, I want the increased rewards. When bad players such as myself have reached the point where UC is like Master, we need to move the goal posts.

You're unlikely to be getting increased rewards from a new difficulty tier. And when I say you, I don't mean the generic you, I mean you personally. The game isn't going to make a special difficulty tier tuned for you. Difficulty tiers are separated by pretty wide gaps to space them out: we only have so many difficulty tiers and a wide range of players they have to cover. The difficulty increase is thus exponential not linear: a linear spacing wouldn't make sense given the way players progress. So each difficulty tier is three to five times harder than the previous one (depending on how you want to judge difficulty). We know what will happen when a Cavalier-like difficulty comes out, because we already saw what happened when Uncollected difficulty came out, and we even had Kabam explaining it so there was no room for misinterpretation.

Uncollected difficulty will drop somewhat relative to what it is now, to place it more firmly on the same difficulty curve as the previous tiers. And Cav difficulty will start off somewhere around three to five times higher than UC is now AND the difficulty will "float" with the relative strength of the top tier Cavalier players. My guess is that it will have comparable difficulty to the medium difficulty paths in Act 6 on average but simply due to the differences in nodes and boss defenders will sometimes spike significantly higher, just as UC difficulty is often higher in relative difficulty than 5.1 and 5.2 today.

If you're just now able to complete UC without difficulty, you're unlikely to be ready for the next tier higher. If you think first time completion of UC is a 5, the next difficulty tier isn't going to be 7 or 9, it will be around 15 to 18. Except those numbers are funky because if UC is a 5 there's no room for the lower difficulties. Right now I would say beginner is 10, Normal is 30, Heroic is 100, Master is about 400, and UC is around 1500. I'd expect Cavalier to land somewhere around 6000 on that scale, and UC to get bumped down to about 1200 when it is introduced.

It is possible that might be too many difficulties, in which case Kabam would have to remove one and shuffle the tiers around a bit. They could just get rid of Beginner but that's dangerous because there has to be something for brand new players to do. More likely they zap one difficulty in the middle and have a Beginner at 10, a "New Heroic" at 50, a "New master" at 250, a "New UC" at 1200, and Cavalier around 5500+.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    @Worknprogress
    Every good game has to have a good catch up system for new players to be encouraged to keep playing. Not mention that the No1 online game atm (yes that with the blue bus) gives no competitive advantages to old players. I’m not supporting that, as MCoC is all about progress, but new players shouldn’t wait for a minimum of three or four months to get a 4* to rank 4. Lower tier items supply (t1a, t4bc f.e.) should be increased and be more accessible to new players. That would help higher tier players to upgrade their forgotten champs too. It’s a win/win situation for all summoners.
    For the record, I’m an old player. But we, as old players, should have the intention to help new players and compete at some point with them. None of us would like to see the contest dies because it’s not new joiners friendly.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    And if you think a new player has to wait that long to get and rank champs, just watch some of seatin's f2p acct videos.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

And if you think a new player has to wait that long to get and rank champs, just watch some of seatin's f2p acct videos.

F2P by an experienced player. How close to a newcomer reality is that?
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    So when I use my 5/65 Corvus, Domino, or Ghost I nuke UC monthly content? Interesting. 🤯
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

So when I use my 5/65 Corvus, Domino, or Ghost I nuke UC monthly content? Interesting. 🤯

There are lots of posts like this. It's why when they create new nodes that specifically counter the use of these champs that many newer uncollected players scream money grab and nerf. Many newer uncollected players have watched the YouTube videos and ranked off things like seatin's beyond God tier list. They forget about all the nitch mid tier champs that can be used to get around some of the fun and interactive nodes in the game. While I hate the gates in act 6 I love the champ restrictions for variant 1 which broke up the major synergy teams and prevented people from walking through the content with just a corvus or domino. Once you get to the point where you are easily clearing uncollected eq with your top champs try swapping them for some of your lower ranked ones. Posts bragging about clearing content with ghost domino or blade trinity are reminiscent of the old sw posts and many of those people who bragged about how easy content was then were struggling to complete content after 12.0
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    Dshu said:

There are lots of posts like this. It's why when they create new nodes that specifically counter the use of these champs that many newer uncollected players scream money grab and nerf. Many newer uncollected players have watched the YouTube videos and ranked off things like seatin's beyond God tier list. They forget about all the nitch mid tier champs that can be used to get around some of the fun and interactive nodes in the game. While I hate the gates in act 6 I love the champ restrictions for variant 1 which broke up the major synergy teams and prevented people from walking through the content with just a corvus or domino. Once you get to the point where you are easily clearing uncollected eq with your top champs try swapping them for some of your lower ranked ones. Posts bragging about clearing content with ghost domino or blade trinity are reminiscent of the old sw posts and many of those people who bragged about how easy content was then were struggling to complete content after 12.0
    I agree 100%. I have most of the "above God tier" 5* champs at R4/R5. If I ran them all together, all the time, I might get bored too. So unless content calls for my absolute best team, I build a team of 4 champs I think will just be fun matchups... then add a Ghost or Omega Red in my last spot as backup in case things go wrong.
    FYI...I look forward to a Cavalier difficulty as well. But until then, I think UC is fine as is.
  • Options

Dshu said:

I agree 100%. I have most of the "above God tier" 5* champs at R4/R5. If I ran them all together, all the time, I might get bored too. So unless content calls for my absolute best team, I build a team of 4 champs I think will just be fun matchups... then add a Ghost or Omega Red in my last spot as backup in case things go wrong.
    FYI...I look forward to a Cavalier difficulty as well. But until then, I think UC is fine as is.
    I think people have forgotten this is a game and supposed to be fun as well as challenging. I really enjoy watching kt1 and Katie candy doing their 3* challenge on eq. Yes you want the rewards but its also about having fun. During completion I take meme tier champs into quests I've completed like master and heroic just to spice it up. I typically run 4*s or rank 3 5*s for uncollected difficulty just to enjoy playing the different champs and synergies
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

F2P by an experienced player. How close to a newcomer reality is that?
    Irrelevant. The ability to progress much faster today than before is there.
  • Options
    Not even to mention the champs available at even 4* that make something like getting uncollected FAR easier today than those of us that did it when the content was actually released. Outside OGV and DD I don't know that there was another champ that was even possible to one shot the collector. Most available options took quite a lot of revives even with fairly good skill at the time.
  • Options
    Being able to use current meta champs against old content is already a huge advantage for newer players.
  • Options
    ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180
    xNig said:

Only 12-28k?

More like 35-40k paths and 100k bosses.

Wouldn't want Cavalier difficulty to be too easy.

UC final chapter difficulty is about the same as 5.4 in terms of health. I wouldn't be the least surprised if they made a Cavalier difficulty that exactly mirrors 6.1 in terms of health. Maybe with Act 6 nodes as well. It'd be challenging not gonna lie. Something to look forward to every month.
  • Options
    Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Zuro said:

Woozie said:

Any MVPs for Uncollected EQ? Or just high damage champs is all that's needed?

Pretty much just high damage
    Arkus was much easier than I thought. Corvus cleans the floor with him.
  • Options
    TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind a new difficulty level. I mean, how long ago was UC difficulty introduced?? As far as a remember, the first one was the Modok EQ.. And that was December 2017. That's a year and a half ago. I get the people saying that it's just more players that are progressing, that's why things are getting easier.. But that's exactly why we need the next level. When people progress, you need to release new stuff. As someone who can bring in a full team of 5/65 (with no AW/AQ on), UC difficulty is (usually) quite a breeze. And I'm nowhere near what some other players are. So I for one would love a cavalier difficulty.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I don't see Kabam giving better rewards at this point. The monthly event rewards are really good now for Epic difficulty a new difficulty would make them compete with act 6 rewards with far less of a challenge.

I'm all for that but it is hard to see it happening.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Aryl said:

Just blazed through my first run of UC EQ with zero KOs. Absolute first for me. What's worse is I went in completely blind. I haven't watched any videos on Cosplaying Watcher or Hot Witch or the EQ. I had no idea what they did.

Domino fire synergy for everything except the last 2 bosses. ST and HT one shot them respectively.

I remember a time when I couldn't finish a UC EQ.

Smh.

Not everyone has a domino.

Not saying it’s hard, but domino makes anything look easy lol.

I’m sure a new difficulty will be here soon though.
  • Options
    HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    edited September 2019
    *braces for an insanely hard boss rush challenge*

Likely this is the reason for this months “easy” uncollected quest.

Some sort of balance overall might be their goal.
  • Options
    ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★

That's my grievance with Kabam. Their idea of "harder" content is handing the player a banana and telling them to go fight a tank.

Just offer balance. A new difficulty with greater rewards which correctly correlates to normal player progression.

FFS... when was UC introduced? Seems like forever ago.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    Aryl said:

That's my grievance with Kabam. Their idea of "harder" content is handing the player a banana and telling them to go fight a tank.

Just offer balance. A new difficulty with greater rewards which correctly correlates to normal player progression.

FFS... when was UC introduced? Seems like forever ago.
    At this point they might as well add a difficulty below beginner cause we getting nothing harder anytime soon
  • Options
    This is already common with every uncollected eq and this month was an easy one. While many would surely enjoy a new level of difficulty posts like these would soon flood the forum for that new level