**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Domino and the Unavoidable Evade-Intercept

When evading a champion's attacks as a defender, Domino is able to both execute an evade and counter-attack before the attacker's animation is finished. This results in an intercept that is 100% unavoidable.

The example below is from a Tier-2 war this past season. Domino is on Node 46 (debuff immune). I go for the intercept against her with a medium attack. She escapes out of her own medium attack animation with an evade. She then counters me with a combo before my initial animation has finished. This gives me no chance to react and either block or dex, because my animation has not completed.

There are three major contributing factors to this issue:
  1. Domino's first light attack is a very short animation with an early hit event. Her first medium is the same quickness, but with a second hit event.
  2. The length of an evade (for any champion, not just Domino) is a fraction of a normal dash-back's length.
  3. Evades can and will override any other action you or the AI commit to (again, not just Domino)
When combined, these factors create an unfair defensive advantage for Domino, who is already a strong and popular defender. This is even more true when the Dodge tactic is applied. I consider myself a pretty skilled player. Skilled players are able play around any champion's evade mechanic without relying on things like True Strike, Coldsnap, or Slow. In the example above, skill is irrelevant.

Since the ability to execute an unavoidable evade/counter is not explicitly stated in Domino's description, this is an unintended mechanic with her that prevents potential counter-play from the attacker and should be addressed.

The best way to address this is to lengthen the animations of her 1M and 1L attacks. It should also be noted that this is not an issue when playing as Domino, as evades are unpredictable on offense and no human has the reaction time necessary to counter-attack as quickly as the AI can.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Finally somone show how I’m falling ever time agins that one.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Dash attack vs an enemy with evade at your own risk. You need to be ready to block at all times , even mid attack. Later today, I’ll post a video vs Variant 3 domino where she evaded and attacked, similar to what happens above, but I was able to block.
    This is with Nebula. At the 28 second mark, I’m able to block dominos quick evade-attack. I’m not trying to take anything away from the OP. It seems like every hero is different when it comes to dealing with evade. Maybe some hero animations are longer or leave you exposed? There can be lag or frame-rate problems. Sometimes I get smacked after an evade and feel like it was BS, but I usually chalk that up to it being my error. There were lots of problems with evade back in the day, but IMHO its more consistent now.

https://youtu.be/O6fB13hq2Kg
    Fjolnir said:

MikeHock said:

This is with Nebula. At the 28 second mark, I’m able to block dominos quick evade-attack. I’m not trying to take anything away from the OP. It seems like every hero is different when it comes to dealing with evade. Maybe some hero animations are longer or leave you exposed? There can be lag or frame-rate problems. Sometimes I get smacked after an evade and feel like it was BS, but I usually chalk that up to it being my error. There were lots of problems with evade back in the day, but IMHO its more consistent now.

What device are you using?
    I have an Ipad 6th gem, purchased 1 year ago.

Here's some vids from 2016 when the Auto Evade was much worse. There were several threads about this back on the old forums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubbniSiyzzs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPDc9K8zoFg&feature=youtu.be
    edited September 2019
    Heres a vid of I posted on the Youtube and the forums back in 2017. Notice the lag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aphFUO054YU
  • simula67simula67 Posts: 49
    MikeHock said:

This is pretty helpful. It definitely could have something to do with the attacker's animation length - Namor's 1M does seem to linger a bit after the hit. The other thing I noticed is that in your fight, when Domino evades, she is dashing back noticeably further than she did in my fight which gives you the time necessary to block the counter. Thanks for showing something to compare to.
  • Doc_HollamonDoc_Hollamon Posts: 173
    In the 2 videos 1 thing is noticeably clear. I’m MikeHock’s vid she did a full evade where in Simula67 vid she only half evaded. She stopped in the middle of the evade animation and attacked and that’s why he wasn’t able to block. I doubt it had anything to do with the medium animation.