**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Would you like to see a low performance mode?

Just to reduce lags.

Would you like to see a low performance mode? 95 votes

Yes it may be very useful
87%
DNA3000BigMoRiise81RazorDevilChumpNikhilGAM3RGUYTerraadramelchWardenclockCat_MurdockKennadoSavio444SceptilemaniacHammerbro_64ErkkikiFurieuxDonnymeijRasiloverJohnLocke117 83 votes
I don't need
12%
Franchise_7SnizzbarCrkwestSiddhantKwatraPatchie93DarthPhalBattle_GreninjaNeotwismMiStaLovaGinjabredMonstaArifuteraKratos89 12 votes

Comments

• tinman76tinman76 Posts: 116
    edited September 2019
    I wouldn't have any need for that option as on my phone I have the ability to change the resolution for games. I have a LG Q Stylo plus.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Sure. At the trade off that they make more versions of Android and iOS redundant in their process.

In otherwise. Get new devices people. It's 2019. You can't grab a device from the last year that runs the game smoothly?
  • I don't need

ItsDamien said:

It's 2019. You can't grab a device from the last year that runs the game smoothly?

Unfortunately no, we don't all have the money to constantly be getting a new device every year for a Mobile Game just because Kabam hasn't added a courtesy setting that nearly every other game has...
    Whoooosh
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

It's 2019. You can't grab a device from the last year that runs the game smoothly?

Unfortunately no, we don't all have the money to constantly be getting a new device every year for a Mobile Game just because Kabam hasn't added a courtesy setting that nearly every other game has...
    Whoooosh
    I don't really think this is the case, but it is the internet and reading something with no context can be taken the wrong way so apologies if I miss interpreted it...
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I get that they want to have fantastic animations as that helps make the game look appealing from a marketing stand point. But for those of us who have already committed to the game, good performance is more likely to keep me around. The changes to Havok I won't complain about cuz it actually helps me dex him but adding a bunch of smoke to Ghost Rider and Dormammu is something I'd forego in a heartbeat for just a little bit less lag.
    K00shMaan said:

I get that they want to have fantastic animations as that helps make the game look appealing from a marketing stand point. But for those of us who have already committed to the game, good performance is more likely to keep me around. The changes to Havok I won't complain about cuz it actually helps me dex him but adding a bunch of smoke to Ghost Rider and Dormammu is something I'd forego in a heartbeat for just a little bit less lag.

Yeah it's definitely understandable, and a way to draw in those type of people that look for good graphics, but like you said they also gotta think about the people they already got. The ones that are actually hurt by the enhanced effects and would like the option to choose when you want or don't want them...
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

Ironically, if done "properly", good animations and graphics, don't necessarily put out a huge requirement of resources for the device ... the problem is, the gaming industry is very lazy in their code performance because it's easier to just push out stronger/faster computers .. *sigh*

Imagine what they could do on these same devices, if they actually focused a little on performance, properly ..

Sigh
  • Yes it may be very useful
    Been asking for a Setting like this for a very long time now.
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    I don’t personally need this, as I rarely experience lag except on CM’s Binary ignition. However, I definitely think this is something that should have been in the game at launch and I see no reason it shouldn’t be in the game now. Actually I would love mod clarification on why it isn’t in the game so I can understand this issue more, as I’m sure the game team has contemplated it in the past.
    Hendross said:

I live my life in low performance mode.

S**t, same...
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    please can the App Store make a rule that says that developers of apps making over a certain amount of money need to invest into making a low performance mode? That'd be awesome.
  • Ragnaroky12Ragnaroky12 Posts: 62
    @ItsDamien i have a new device lol
  • Ragnaroky12Ragnaroky12 Posts: 62
    @Hendross so i think would be right even to play in low performance ahaha
    CodeOmega said:

@ItsDamien you can’t just ask people to buy new devices every year. Especially those who can’t financially it need it for something else. Changing performance should be an option for everyone. Just cause you can afford a new device every year, doesn’t mean everyone can

I get a new device once every 2 years (due to contracts), my nearly 2 year old Razer phone runs absolutely fine.

Also just because a device is new, doesn't mean its good. Some devices that came out last year like the Samsung J3 are absolute garbage. They're so low end and budget that phones from 5 years ago out perform them.
  • Yes it may be very useful

** ONE SOLUTION to lagging would be having an Option Setting that would Turn Off all the background scene animation and 3D relative effects, and just have the background scene be a static field (although it would still pan left/right as you move backward/forward).
    You could turn off the effects that make it 3D looking with all the changes to depth perception, as well as the flying ships, scrolling “wanted” signs for rocket/groot, fluids bubbling in the laboratory, etc.
    I'm sure this would greatly help on older devices that don't have the processing speed to keep up with all the “bells and whistles” during the fights. Thanks.

Above quote is the idea I put out there a year ago (wish it had gotten this much attention back then). Nice to see the responses in favor of such a thing this time around.
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

CodeOmega said:

@ItsDamien you can’t just ask people to buy new devices every year. Especially those who can’t financially it need it for something else. Changing performance should be an option for everyone. Just cause you can afford a new device every year, doesn’t mean everyone can

I get a new device once every 2 years (due to contracts), my nearly 2 year old Razer phone runs absolutely fine.

Also just because a device is new, doesn't mean its good. Some devices that came out last year like the Samsung J3 are absolute garbage. They're so low end and budget that phones from 5 years ago out perform them.
    I play on a J3 2018 and it works just fine besides the vision aarkus fight. I dont get lag anywhere else, and gameplay is smooth. However, the vision fight has a super high frame rate or something because I'm lagging on it so bad
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Sure. At the trade off that they make more versions of Android and iOS redundant in their process.

In otherwise. Get new devices people. It's 2019. You can't grab a device from the last year that runs the game smoothly?

Damn, I was under the impression that people normally switch phones every 3 to 5 years not every year or 2. Guess I need to be spending more time around the rich boys.

ItsDamien said:

Damn, I was under the impression that people normally switch phones every 3 to 5 years not every year or 2. Guess I need to be spending more time around the rich boys.
    "Rich".... Lmao. No. I get a new phone every 2 years on a contract. Just get a job and you too can afford to pay for a contract every couple of years.