**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ipad 2018 Experiences

DonnymeijDonnymeij Posts: 849 ★★★
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about saving up for an Ipad. I currently play this game on a budget Huawei P20 lite and in general the game runs pretty smoothly. But this month is really terrible. Can`t do UC event quest because of Vision lag.
In general I really do like my phone so I am not looking to get another one. But for a while I wanted a tablet.
First wanted to go for an android but since I really like this game I might aswell buy an IOS device.
I was wondering if any of you play on this device (or have played on this device).
Especially curious about heavy animation lag (new Vision, Darkhawk etc) and general load times.
Loading screen between fight take around 10 to 11 seconds now, depending on the game mode.

All other posts I could find were from almost 2 years ago, and maybe those oppinions have changed, hence this post.
Thnx.

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I use an iPad pro 11. Swapped from an S10+ and now that I've gotten used to it I cant even use my phone any more
  • flash1117flash1117 Posts: 29
    save a little more for ipad mini 5..
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I use my ipad gen6 all the time. Load times between fights is 2-3 seconds. Animations never cause lag. I know alot of ppl are complaining about aarkus vision causing problems but i dont notice it at all on my tablet. I wasnt sure how i would like the bigger screen over my phone but i rarely use my phone now to fight. I may log in and claim a crystal or something but i always use the tablet for AQ/AW and important fights. It was well worth upgrading to a new ipad.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Ipad pro 2019 should be out in a couple days, but my pro 2018s have work well for me.
  • DragonsniperRhQDragonsniperRhQ Posts: 78
    edited September 2019
    I switched from an iphone 5 to an iPad 6th gen and I don't regret a single penny. It's definitely worth it if you can save up for it. As for the iPad pros I imagine it's better? Idk but it's definitely a huge difference. Smooth gameplay and so far it has not heated up as badly as the phone. It does warm up a little bit but no overheating/ lag issues for me. 👌 Loading screens aren't an issue either. Not sure if it's useful but I find selecting your champions in arena a lot easier than it was on the phone. On my old iphone I constantly counted 3 then drag but on the iPad since the screen is more zoomed in the champs are already organized into rows of 3. Overall I recommend. Might be a little off since it's more zoomed in and bigger device but it's worth it. A down side is that if you're in AQ or AW you find yourself having to swipe more often to scout maps/paths. If you were wondering.
  • GenylGenyl Posts: 59
    I own an ipad 2018 and I have exactly the same experience as @Neotwism.

Loading time is exactly 2.5s and I never experience graphical problems. Game looks great and reaction times is much faster. I hate playing difficult combats when I am out of home in my samsung s7. Loading time is 7s and combat is laggy so I cant evade.

I would recommended it

• Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Was on a Samsung Phone and contemplated the same thing moving to Ipad Mini.. I asked the same question on the Forum and most people say go for it.

I went for it and bought ipad Mini 5 and have never looked back. This thing is twice as large as your average phone and the experience is sooooo immersive.

I can't play this game without my ipad now, it'd be like going from driving a car to driving a gokart. Or going from watching a 50 inch TV to a 21 inch TV.