**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fans of Ghost Rider, what am I missing? I don't get the love.

JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
So, I just opened my ninth 5* crystal, and pulled a Ghost Rider. I was happy, because my last two were Green Goblin and Sentry, but at the same time I was confused as to HOW happy I should be. I took him to R2 and killed ROL Winter Soldier; it took 900 hits (with the Mephisto+Blade synergies). His power control isn't super reliable, as you have to have an SP2 to get it, and then you have to get all the way up to an SP3 to get it again. The degen off the SP3 isn't amazing. The bleed is kind of wimpy. The regen is fantastic, but outside of that I'm rather unimpressed. What am I missing? I see people talking about how great he is all the time. What do you use him for? What rotations do you use? What situations does he shine in, and what problems does he solve? Is he more than just a synergy with a champ I only have as a 3*?
I've got a new 5*, and I want to be able to use him.

Comments

• Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    edited September 2019
    Use him with any star blade and he will save u a lot of revives. Bleed, increased damage if dupped, fate seal, stop power gain, big regen. He is not supposed to use in lol, ROL.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    He doesn't do hundreds of thousands damage fast. But when awakened (which is really important) you can start the fight w getting fury, that doubles your attact (sig 99). Next combo you apply bleed, that does 500/tick on 4* r5. Then you can either nullify of wait for power drain. SP3 does powerlock for a while and allows you to use your regen. Also, GR's dash is fast and "ranged" bcs of the chain he is using.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Do you think he's worth a 5* Mystic gem if I get one from the calendar?

JohnHS said:

h to the ell no. GR in a nutshell:

* rack up judgments. that's 5 hit combo ending in L, sp2, sp1, heavy to trigger regen (u can trigger it anytime but it's duration is based on, you guessed it, #of judgments), then sp3 to reset the judgments while the damnation powerlocks and you can whack away and regen like a mofo. repeat as needed. dupe just adds a judgment quicker.
    * bleed immune
    * more fun with friends
    * rad bike

He's not a damage guy, but he does enough little things to make slapping around certain cosmics (hype, medusa, champion, any of them build-a-fury types) with a mix of fate seal/power control/damnation/class advantage) much easier. mines at 4/55 and still useful despite sitting next to voodoo and SS at the same level. enjoy.
    Thanks for the tips.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I took him to 5-65 a while back, he’s not that great imo, he’s got solid regen and a few prices of utility but overall he’s just losing and losing value as the game progresses away from survival and more to utility and damage
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Ghost Rider is very good in his own right but a lot of the reason he is valued quite so highly is that he synergizes perfectly with Blade and Stark Spidey. If you play a lot of arena, you'll see how frequently the three are paired together. But usually Ghost Rider is a rank lower because he's not as valuable on his own when compared to the other two. Still a very good character though.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Well, his damage potential comes from his fury. As I assume you've him unawakened, his damage won't be as great.

But I do hear ya: the game is evolving so rapidly that an overall good champion like GR is lagging behind. If he had triple immunities and permanent degen damage for his judgement, he would be competitive again.
    JohnHS said:

Yes, but it also depends on the rest of your roster.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    edited September 2019
    He’s great for survivability with Blade. He absolutely sucks without Blade IMHO. Don’t use SP2 unless there is an emergency, the powerlock from SP3 is way better. The dupe adds a lot as it buffs all his other judgements.

Playing him undupped should be 1.bleed, 2. SP1, 3. Heavy (when at 3 bars), 4. SP3 instantly after heavy. Repeat. Pretty much the same when awakened but do Fury 1st then follow the above when dupped.

He is a great champ that will save you a bunch of units, but fights will be on the longer side.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

Magiks dupe isnt good offensively?? My god the amount of times limbo has saved me is insane and I only have her as a 4 star

A lot of people tend to assume that we are already fighting perfectly when they make their assessments on champions. If you fight perfectly, you don't get a lot of value from the additional limbo. I get hit every once in a while so I agree with you.

JohnHS said:

The only reason I'd use a 5* Mystic AG on him is the fact that there aren't many other candidates. Magik's dupe isn't all that great offensively, Sym Supreme's is an afterthought, I'm not a fan of Voodoo, and pretty much everyone else sucks.

Magiks dupe isnt good offensively?? My god the amount of times limbo has saved me is insane and I only have her as a 4 star
    I also have a 4* double-duped Magik. It's a nice failsafe, but it's still only a fail-safe. Not something I would use a gem on personally. It doesn't add all that much damage or utility offensively, unless you have a high-level Warlock to throw on the team. It's good, but it's not worth a gem.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    JohnHS said:

JohnHS said:

The only reason I'd use a 5* Mystic AG on him is the fact that there aren't many other candidates. Magik's dupe isn't all that great offensively, Sym Supreme's is an afterthought, I'm not a fan of Voodoo, and pretty much everyone else sucks.

I also have a 4* double-duped Magik. It's a nice failsafe, but it's still only a fail-safe. Not something I would use a gem on personally. It doesn't add all that much damage or utility offensively, unless you have a high-level Warlock to throw on the team. It's good, but it's not worth a gem.
    100% disagree, there is soo much fun and interactive dmg that you can avoid with it as well as use it for semi-immunities. Theres also additional damage and since backdraft intercept can be a bit inconsistent lately you can afford to parry and not lose a single point of health.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    JohnHS said:

So many wrongs in this post lol.

When duped, Magik's limbo negates recoil damage taken if suicides are active, as well as being a fail safe for any damage taken as mentioned. Great for offense actually. Symbiote Supreme's awakened ability allows him to place additional Stagger Passives on top of what he can place normally. Comes in very handy when fighting buff-heavy champs such as Champion in Act 6.2. He has one of the highest prestige in the game, so having him awakened and at a high sig level improves your account's prestige.

Doctor Voodoo may have fallen off the radar for some, but he is still really useful with Ability accuracy reduction, regen at the start of a fight and power control/burn which improves in reliability when duped.

As for your statement that everyone else sucks in the mystic class, that is far from the truth. Morningstar is another great champion to counter buff-heavy champs such as the aforementioned Act 6.2 Champion (side note I can achieve all milestones in Dungeon 7 with my r4 5* MS as my main attacker when she has 5 souls). Mephisto can be underwhelming damage-wise, but has great utilities and synergies. Hood and Loki are very useful for staggering and stealing buffs respectively. Dormammu is a great power control champion with double immunity and still a pain to fight against in war. One can never forget the past glory that SW had. Guillotine has life steal, heal reversal and a great damage dealer. The rest, yeah they do kinda suck however.

As for GR, his worth has been explained in this thread in great detail so I won't rehash it. I personally wouldn't use an AG on him unless you're looking to improve your prestige He's a sustainable champion, who will get you through stuff like AQ where regen is important to save on potions and revives. He's not an out and out damage dealer, which is what his awakened ability helps him with. He's still a top mystic champ, and a mainstay in my Map 6 Trinity team. So he's a worthwhile champ above all else for me.
    Addyos said:

JohnHS said:

When duped, Magik's limbo negates recoil damage taken if suicides are active, as well as being a fail safe for any damage taken as mentioned. Great for offense actually. Symbiote Supreme's awakened ability allows him to place additional Stagger Passives on top of what he can place normally. Comes in very handy when fighting buff-heavy champs such as Champion in Act 6.2. He has one of the highest prestige in the game, so having him awakened and at a high sig level improves your account's prestige.

Doctor Voodoo may have fallen off the radar for some, but he is still really useful with Ability accuracy reduction, regen at the start of a fight and power control/burn which improves in reliability when duped.

As for your statement that everyone else sucks in the mystic class, that is far from the truth. Morningstar is another great champion to counter buff-heavy champs such as the aforementioned Act 6.2 Champion (side note I can achieve all milestones in Dungeon 7 with my r4 5* MS as my main attacker when she has 5 souls). Mephisto can be underwhelming damage-wise, but has great utilities and synergies. Hood and Loki are very useful for staggering and stealing buffs respectively. Dormammu is a great power control champion with double immunity and still a pain to fight against in war. One can never forget the past glory that SW had. Guillotine has life steal, heal reversal and a great damage dealer. The rest, yeah they do kinda suck however.

As for GR, his worth has been explained in this thread in great detail so I won't rehash it. I personally wouldn't use an AG on him unless you're looking to improve your prestige He's a sustainable champion, who will get you through stuff like AQ where regen is important to save on potions and revives. He's not an out and out damage dealer, which is what his awakened ability helps him with. He's still a top mystic champ, and a mainstay in my Map 6 Trinity team. So he's a worthwhile champ above all else for me.
    I don't run suicides, so unless I'm getting beaten up, that's not going to make a ton of difference TO MY ROSTER. Fun & Interactive Damage is pretty much covered by my Ghost, Omega, and Ghulk. I'm aware of what Sym Supreme's dupe does; in fact I'm about to R5 my 4*, who is duped, but I've played him duped and unduped and it's nice to have, but not worth a gem. I can't really get 5*s to high sig levels, so the prestige factor doesn't make that much of a difference. Voodoo if great, I just don't like him. As for the rest of the class, I was mostly joking, but still none of them are worth a gem for me. And I really hate ramping up Morningstar. I don't like chaps who completely suck for the first few fights. SW isn't available as a 5*, so obviously she's a non-factor. So I don't have many other mystic options for a mystic gem, if and when I get one. I don't see many better options, so I was asking if he's worth it, as I haven't really played him duped.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    edited September 2019
    I just 5/65'd GR recently. He has two weaknesses: he doesn't hit hard (all the rage right now) and his judgments don't always stick. Blade fixes the later. As one who has 100% 6.1 and all the other previous Acts, I will agree the meta is slowly moving past him in regards to Act 6. However, he is still a very viable option in AQ and still decent in AW. He will save you a lot of items because of that incredible regen and he is also extremely versatile. I had 2 mystic 5* gems and used them on Magik and GR and no regrets. I also do run suicides because of my Corvus and did I mention how incredible GR's regen is.
  • He is my top champ and I don't even have blade or stark spidey. He is great. You can complete a whole path of master level EQ with him without using a single potion. He saves you a ton of resource on quest. The way I play him is, Parry, 5 hit combo, Parry, 5 hit, sp 1, Parry, heavy, sp1 or sp2 depending on match up. This will usually do about 25k-30k damage with a rank 3 5 star with right mastery and team.
    The regen was what really stuck out to me. Better than anyone except Wolverine and maybe Omega (or Claire Voyant)
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    Addyos said:

JohnHS said:

EVERYONE FORGETS MORDO
    Mordo was my first 5*. He helped in my first ROL WS kill. He got me through Act 4. He's ok. Wouldn't use him now though
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    https://youtu.be/FADuSPlLoP4

This is from a while back, but a good sample of his damage potential. Blade synergy is key for 100% reliability. Folks tend to focus on what he does for blade, but what blade does for him is just as important. The fact that you can decide the order in which to use the judgements to make them last longer or more powerful is what makes him so cool. Customizable attributes..kind of like vtd in a way.

He’s great for survivability with Blade. He absolutely sucks without Blade IMHO. Don’t use SP2 unless there is an emergency, the powerlock from SP3 is way better. The dupe adds a lot as it buffs all his other judgements.

Playing him undupped should be 1.bleed, 2. SP1, 3. Heavy (when at 3 bars), 4. SP3 instantly after heavy. Repeat. Pretty much the same when awakened but do Fury 1st then follow the above when dupped.

He is a great champ that will save you a bunch of units, but fights will be on the longer side.

I always do Fury second or even third. You need that damage.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    he doesnt have damage but he has few diffrent things that are easy to use reliably if you have blade, unlike diablo (who aso has similar abilties to Gr) but GR can work great on AQ fights ,with some synergies like Night thrasher+Darkhawk+blade ,he can do some good damage via bleed, longer power control ,Reliable fate seal so best reason he is still popular because he doesnt have to Rely on RNg as much as some other champs
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    I was lucky enough to Awaken mine from a Featured crystal, but with retrospect would definitely have done the same if I'd had a gem. My GR and my Magik are both 4/55, and Magik very rarely gets off the bench.

GR's Awakened ability doesn't just increase his damage (including his bleed or his degeneration damage), but because you have another judgment, it increases the benefits of every other judgement. That +75% duration is cumulative, and boy! It's a kicker.

His damnation damage is a little disappointing, but remember, your opponent is simultaneously Power Locked*, Heal Blocked, and Fate Sealed. Usually for 10-12 seconds, which is a long time to be free to batter your opponent without giving them power or abilities. I can't tell you how many noded-up Boss fights that's taken me through.

*This begins when you activate the SP3, so it means the SP3 also doesn't grant any Power, BTW. Throw before your opponent reaches their SP3, and there's a good chance they never will.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019

I always do Fury second or even third. You need that damage.
    Usually that's probably true; but the thing about GR is you can play around with the order depending on your needs.

Need to steal some health? Throw off the Fury, SP1 and Bleed first, so you don't do too much damage, and can therefore get more hits in with lifesteal.

Opponent is bleed immune, or doesn't proc buffs? Throw off your MLLLL or SP1 immediately, to prolong all the subsequent judgements.

Need to deal with buffs? Save up your SP1 and SP3.

Opponent power gains like crazy? Throw off your Heavy, MLLLL, MLLM and then SP3 to Power Lock.

Pro tip: The SP3 states that it resets all the other judgements. That's true, but the reset happens at the end of the damnation period. So if you like, you can save up and trigger your lifesteal after the SP3 for a super-long period of lifesteal.

I can see the appeal of many other champs; but in this game, my motto is "Play with the champs you have, not the champs you don't." I've got Ghost Rider Awakened, and he's awesome for me. Maybe if I had SS, or Awakened DV I'd prefer them; but that's not a decision I have to worry about. In your position, I'd definitely consider Awakening DV add an alternative, but if you don't like playing with him, then don't!
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I took him to 5-65 a while back, he’s not that great imo, he’s got solid regen and a few prices of utility but overall he’s just losing and losing value as the game progresses away from survival and more to utility and damage

His regen also appears to be RNG based and we know how that goes......sooo sometimes it triggers, sometimes it doesn’t.....same as his power drain.