**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Create a new Forum Category; offtopic/closed threads.

So I know it's against the TOS to question the mods and why they close threads, but I am wondering if we could have a diffeeent category for some of these threads. Not all threads that are closed need to be closed, but could further a discussion.

An example is the "debate" over GRs immunity. Now Kabam has stated what is and is not immune, but some of the community would like to discuss it more. This is just an example not a definitive.

While some threads such as moders, cheaters, and blatant TOS violations should be closed.

TLDR can we have some threads moved to a different location to still discuss as a community and not clog up the rest of the forums?

Thank you.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    MoiraD wrote: »
    So I know it's against the TOS to question the mods and why they close threads, but I am wondering if we could have a diffeeent category for some of these threads. Not all threads that are closed need to be closed, but could further a discussion.

An example is the "debate" over GRs immunity. Now Kabam has stated what is and is not immune, but some of the community would like to discuss it more. This is just an example not a definitive.

While some threads such as moders, cheaters, and blatant TOS violations should be closed.

TLDR can we have some threads moved to a different location to still discuss as a community and not clog up the rest of the forums?

Thank you.

If a Thread is closed, it's because it violates the rules. They're doing their job. The best solution is to read the TOS and know what is and is not allowed to be posted.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

Thank you.

If a Thread is closed, it's because it violates the rules. They're doing their job. The best solution is to read the TOS and know what is and is not allowed to be posted.

He's asking for an off-topic section which is completely reasonable and was in the previous forums. Sometimes it is better to read a post thoroughly before jumping to justice police.
    I read what he said. That wouldn't be off-topic. Threads are closed for a reason. If they're closed, they're not going to forego the rules and put them in another category. Otherwise they wouldn't be rules.
    Bait what? Your statement is that you're not arguing with their decisions, but you're arguing with their decisions.
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★

Thank you.

Thats not entirely true, I have had things closed just because they didnt like the topic.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Honestly a closed thread section would be nice or even a filter so u can have threads you would rather not see spammed filtered out

Miss the days when you could block someone and not see any of there post

Thank you.

Thats not entirely true, I have had things closed just because they didnt like the topic.

I doubt that.
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    Honestly a closed thread section would be nice or even a filter so u can have threads you would rather not see spammed filtered out

If they're closing Threads because of protocol, what's the use of having a section for them? They'll still be closed.

If they're closing Threads because of protocol, what's the use of having a section for them? They'll still be closed.

Keeps them out of the gen section less clutter

Keeps them out of the gen section less clutter

That I can see.
    edited August 2017
    But you can't see the idea behind an Off Topic category?!?!?

Some topics have been answered by the mods are close! but aren't a violation. And sometimes the comic book geeks want to talk more about the characters and thosw topics. Not everything is a violation of the ToS.

Can we got some input other than the broken record here?

Thanks to those that have put forth constructive comments.

That's what my last point was about arguing their decisions. You are arguing indirectly that Threads are closed that shouldn't be. I'm saying that they close them because of reasons that are outlined in the rules. The same rules we all agree to in the Forum when participating. The "Off-Topic" section is the General Discussion section. People are free to discuss as long as it follows the rules. Repeat Posts, Non-Constructive Posts, Venting Posts, Posts that have already been addressed and therefore fall under Repeat Posts....those are some of the reasons Threads are closed. There are others. What you're essentially saying is you don't agree with some of the rules because you feel they should remain open. What I'm saying is, if it's closed, it's because it is not in tandem with the rules. Which brings me back to my original statement. If people read the rules and apply them, their Thread is not likely going to be closed.
  • Captain_MaimCaptain_Maim Posts: 334
    This thread has gotten off topic, and will now be closed.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Hi guys I can see everyone is a bit frustrated about not having an off topic section but we do not have time to tend to you children right now as we are currently making snow angels in money and will be closing this thread due to it being a disturbance to us.
  • If we close a thread, it's generally because it's not-constructive, continues to question things we've already given an answer to, or is a duplicate thread. Basically, threads that violate the forum rules are those that get closed. We don't close threads because we don't "like" the topic.

We wouldn't keep threads in the "Off Topic" section that were of that nature. Those type of threads would still get closed down.

However, discussions about Ham v. Turkey Sandwiches would be something that might go into an Off Topics section of the forums (I prefer Roast Beef personally).

I can see how your original suggestion was off a little... but... sandwiches...

I'm not sure if the Forum Admins will be adding an Off Topics section or not. If so, things like Sandwiches and other Non-Game related discussions would be the things to go there. We did not have a lot of non-game discussion in our old forums Off Topic section. We'd love to hear more of your thoughts on an Off Topic section and the types of topics you may want to discuss with the community that are not game related!
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    If we close a thread, it's generally because it's not-constructive, continues to question things we've already given an answer to, or is a duplicate thread. Basically, threads that violate the forum rules are those that get closed. We don't close threads because we don't "like" the topic.

We wouldn't keep threads in the "Off Topic" section that were of that nature. Those type of threads would still get closed down.

However, discussions about Ham v. Turkey Sandwiches would be something that might go into an Off Topics section of the forums (I prefer Roast Beef personally).

I'm not sure if the Forum Admins will be adding an Off Topics section or not. If so, things like Sandwiches and other Non-Game related discussions would be the things to go there. We did not have a lot of non-game discussion in our old forums Off Topic section. We'd love to hear more of your thoughts on an Off Topic section and the types of topics you may want to discuss with the community that are not game related!

Italian is the way to go...Pepporoni, Salami and Ham.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    If we close a thread, it's generally because it's not-constructive, continues to question things we've already given an answer to, or is a duplicate thread. Basically, threads that violate the forum rules are those that get closed. We don't close threads because we don't "like" the topic.

I believe this is something the mods should strongly consider. I know that what some people believe is acceptable and not acceptable can vary, but I firmly believe that if you set aside time to view this issue from all angles and try to determine what is in the best interests of everyone involved, you'll come to the conclusion that Pastrami on Rye with yellow mustard is the only logical way forward.
    As far as I'm concerned everybody in this thread is wrong the best sandwich is a pbj toasted with bacon