**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

ToS Question - Piloting vs "Merc'ing"

Had a debate recently with another player and want to clarify something with the team/mods if that's OK.

I know piloting in war & AQ and arena is strictly against ToS - however, is it the same for quest content? I'm being told allowing someone to "merc" normal story or EQ content for you is not a violation of ToS (by other players) and want clarification from those who actually have authority on the subject please.

Many thanks
Arch

Comments

• Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Another player playing for you in any format for free, for pay, in aw aq, story mode or in any other fashion is very much not allowed and can get you banned. Nobody is allowed to play your profile besides you. Hope that’s clear.

🐻
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Piloting is the act of playing in an account that doesnt belong to you. Doesnt matter what you are doing, if it is AQ, arena, quests. As long as you are playing on someone else's account, you are piloting
  • Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 613 ★★
    Thanks, but that doesn't really answer my question.
    Is piloting/merc/whatever-you-want-to-term-it against TOS for event content? I cant see anything that specifically prohibits that specific part of the game, only for War/AQ and the use of arena "bots"
    Yes nobody can play on another persons account for any reason. Calling it Mercing vs Piloting doesn’t change it not being allowed. This has been covered in great detail. Trust me you didn’t find a loophole gem. I’d just let it go.

🐻
  • HeavyBr3athingHeavyBr3athing Posts: 144 ★★

Thanks, but that doesn't really answer my question.
    Is piloting/merc/whatever-you-want-to-term-it against TOS for event content? I cant see anything that specifically prohibits that specific part of the game, only for War/AQ and the use of arena "bots"

How does that not answer the question. The act itself is against ToS, doesn't matter what content is being done.

If someone is using an account that isn't theirs, no matter what the reason, it's against the ToS and will get the account banned.

What's difficult to understand?
    Lol he’s hoping he found a loophole where maybe someone can’t do a war for him but can finish lab of legends for him... there’s def no grey area here, it’s been addressed many many times and is not allowed.

🐻
    edited September 2019
    This was my argument exactly, but I am being told by certain individuals (names withheld as I ain't a grass!) that they have had people merc for them and in return have provided services with the knowledge of Kabam without any action being taken on the accounts in question. The difference being that they did ACT 5 & 6 & EQ and didnt touch any other parts of the game - and there in lies the part I wanted clarification on

of course, i expected nothing but the usual trolls to come out in force and argue when I specifically asked for an answer from "those who actually have authority"

@will-o-wisp - Thanks for the first answer however. (I had missed your part about quests in my haste to read your comment)
    I actually gave the first answer.. and this was a silly question. It says very clearly in the TOS it’s not allowed.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

This was my argument exactly, but I am being told by certain individuals (names withheld as I ain't a grass!) that they have had people merc for them and in return have provided services with the knowledge of Kabam without any action being taken on the accounts in question. The difference being that they did ACT 5 & 6 & EQ and didnt touch any other parts of the game - and there in lies the part I wanted clarification on

of course, i expected nothing but the usual trolls to come out in force and argue when I specifically asked for an answer from "those who actually have authority"

@will-o-wisp - Thanks for the first answer however. (I had missed your part about quests in my haste to read your comment)

You are calling others trolls for the question you asked, which the answer is in the ToS clearly stated? I don't get it. Why are they trolls when you are the one who doesn't understand what the literal definition of account sharing means?
    I have the authority to read TOS.. that official enough? 🤦🏻‍♂️

🐻
    My whole point on this post was that I believed it was against ToS but literally a dozen or more people I've spoken to over Line etc believed that it isn't.
    Which, is why I came here for CLARIFICATION and evidence to show that it is indeed against ToS

Will's response was adequate, the rest of the replies are surplus to requirements, especially when they add little to no value to the conversation.
  • edited September 2019
    Hey Archdemon_, our Terms of Service states:

"You may not use anyone else’s Account at any time and you may not allow anyone else to use your Account at any time".

To clarify, it's not okay to access anyone else's account at any time for any reason, and it's not okay to let anyone else access your account at any time for any reason.

If you're ever unsure whether or not something may be against our Terms of Service, you can review them at the link below.

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service.html#tab-en

If you'd like clarification about anything else mentioned in our Terms of Service, I recommend reaching out to our Support Team for assistance. You can contact them by clicking HERE.

Alternatively, if you would prefer to contact our Support Team from within the game, simply click on the gear shaped icon, located in the top left corner of the Home screen. From there, tap the button which says “Support”, then tap the button that says “Need more help? Contact us”.
This discussion has been closed.