**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Black Widow Claire Voyant Regen- Working as intended?

Can Kabam employees confirm that is the regen of Black Widow Claire Voyant working as intended or bugged because I'm not willing to spend tons of cash for a champ who'll get nerfed down a couple of months later stating her abilities are bugged.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Can Kabam employees confirm that is the regen of Black Widow Claire Voyant working as intended or bugged because I'm not willing to spend tons of cash for a champ who'll get nerfed down a couple of months later stating her abilities are bugged.

What ability are you worried is bugged and why?
  • RulllorRulllor Posts: 155

I mean... Not trying to be a debbie downer or anything, but every single champ/node/ability/mechanic in this game is and will always be subject to change.

If you don't want to spend "tons of cash" on her, while keeping that in mind, then... maybe don't?

Agreed with this guy, kabam game = kabam rules. The whole subject to change thing is even specified on the ToS when you agreed to play this game

Nothing different from any other organizations like bank fees from TD or RBC for example or your cell phone fees from your providers like Rogers or Bell
  • @UniversalGaming , do you mean this “Reviving” ? ...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/158527/claire-voyance-infinite-revive#latest

Sounds like a lot of it is due to her final boss node Buffs (which you wouldn’t have as a normal defender). How they act as UC monthly EQ bosses are always far different from how they will be without all those buffs.
  • Mingo0312Mingo0312 Posts: 218
    Watch this her regen can be insane on any fight
    https://youtu.be/mV3HYTjjkAQ
  • SkkcSkkc Posts: 110
    If her regen is reduced, her dmg needs to be buffed. In most situations it’s kinda meh
  • Mingo0312Mingo0312 Posts: 218
    Her damage for me isn’t an issue they want to buff her damage I won’t say no but
    Only issue I want them to fix is when nullifying unstoppable be able to this this with intercept ! As at the mo the slight delay enables the defender to combo ur face !! What shouldn’t happen
    edited September 2019

I mean... Not trying to be a debbie downer or anything, but every single champ/node/ability/mechanic in this game is and will always be subject to change.

If you don't want to spend "tons of cash" on her, while keeping that in mind, then... maybe don't?

I agree with you man @UmbertoDelRio but the main reason why ppl are grinding and spending for her is mainly because of her crazy regen, if after 2-3 mnths Kabam suddenly says the regen was bugged and that they're modifying it (like in the case of Dr Strange Pre 12.0), then it's really really unfair
    The regen is described in her ability sheet, it would be difficult to claim incorrect ability sheet AND bugged. Strange was a complete nerf to the character.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★

I agree with you man @UmbertoDelRio but the main reason why ppl are grinding and spending for her is mainly because of her crazy regen, if after 2-3 mnths Kabam suddenly says the regen was bugged and that they're modifying it (like in the case of Dr Strange Pre 12.0), then it's really really unfair
    I don’t see it as unfair because they warned you guys and y’all made the decision to grind and spend for her. It’s not like if they tone her down it’s coming out of nowhere you guys were warned lol

I don’t see it as unfair because they warned you guys and y’all made the decision to grind and spend for her. It’s not like if they tone her down it’s coming out of nowhere you guys were warned lol
    where?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

where?
    He's talking about the balancing announcement where they said they'd be evaluating champs on the 3 month cycle to decide if adjustments needed to be made. They also stated that compensation for adjusted champs would be addressed if deemed warranted.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Lormif said:

where?
    Good question. I can’t wait to see his answer.
    Why not look into it right now? Why wait until people have spent a lot of money to get her? YouTube videos are already up. They could have done a couple of fights to test as well.
    Skkc said:

Why not look into it right now? Why wait until people have spent a lot of money to get her? YouTube videos are already up. They could have done a couple of fights to test as well.

because it takes a lot of testing, and seeing how all the interactions work together. They are probably at 99% confidence it is good, but you cannot account for all the combos and thought the players can put into the game.
    Skkc said:

Lormif said:

Skkc said:

because it takes a lot of testing, and seeing how all the interactions work together. They are probably at 99% confidence it is good, but you cannot account for all the combos and thought the players can put into the game.
    You are joking, right? It’s not an extraordinary test that was done here. It was pretty straight. Sp2 and she heals in her first form.

99% confidence ?? Stop saying sht you don’t know anything about. They make 1000s on every new character. It is their job to test it.
    Actually I know what I am talking about. how about you stop saying things you know nothing about.... Doing a single SP2 and looking at the healing it does in no way accounts for every combination of nodes, and fights that we as players put the game through. They are human, and are not able to account for everything the collective body of all players can know and do. Your inability to think outside the box shows the limitations.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    If you can find out whether or not her regen is OP and could possibly be changed early why not ask? That is the point of the forums and people arguing against it are just not thinking.

Why don't we wait until Kabam actually responds so we can hold them accountable if they say she won't be changed or they have no plans of changing?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

If you can find out whether or not her regen is OP and could possibly be changed early why not ask? That is the point of the forums and people arguing against it are just not thinking.

Why don't we wait until Kabam actually responds so we can hold them accountable if they say she won't be changed or they have no plans of changing?

Because it is in their best interest not to even reply given your post until after the 3 months is up. If I am evaluating something I am not going to prematurely tell you "its good" or "its bad" so it can come back and haunt me.
    They also can't comment on 3 months of data before the 3 months of data is collected.
    zeezee57 said:

Lormif said:

Because it is in their best interest not to even reply given your post until after the 3 months is up. If I am evaluating something I am not going to prematurely tell you "its good" or "its bad" so it can come back and haunt me.
    I hope you understand how harmful this attitude could be to their business model. "We'll just ignore our customers for 3 months so we dont possibly say the wrong thing" is possibly the stupidest customer service plan I've ever heard. If people are set to shell out a decent chunk of change on a product it makes sense to question these sort of things now than after you pay for the product.

When they made the balancing announcement I said this exact scenario would become routine. If this goes ignored and in 3 months she's nerfed down you think anyone who paid to get her will do it for the new champs at that time? It's why I said at the time I expected pretty much all changes to be improvements to champs. Take away customer confidence that what they're paying for is what they get and they stop paying.
    Where did I say they would "ignore" the players. You are making a huge leap. They will not commit to if something is working or not until then, because committing earlier puts them in a huge bind if they turn out wrong in one direction, but you can still address concerns to a degree without committing 100%.
    Videos are up for the champ almost right away. No reason to wait four months to take action. There is no way that can be justified. They need to let content creators make videos for each champ. This way they can adjust minor stuff before the arena and crystals are out.

And not like they did with nick fury and got away with it.
    Skkc said:

Lormif said:

Skkc said:

Lormif said:

Skkc said:

Lormif said:

Skkc said:

You are joking, right? It’s not an extraordinary test that was done here. It was pretty straight. Sp2 and she heals in her first form.

99% confidence ?? Stop saying sht you don’t know anything about. They make 1000s on every new character. It is their job to test it.
    Actually I know what I am talking about. how about you stop saying things you know nothing about.... Doing a single SP2 and looking at the healing it does in no way accounts for every combination of nodes, and fights that we as players put the game through. They are human, and are not able to account for everything the collective body of all players can know and do. Your inability to think outside the box shows the limitations.
    Stop sucking up to them GW 2.0. Once again a thorough testing wasn’t needed. Her heal is part of her kit. This is not a unique match up. Just a basic test can reveal. But some people will suck to them no matter what. Probably fake accounts by kabam
    what "matchup" are we talking about? No one mentioned any specific matchup. How is it going to respond to + healing nodes, or masteries, reversals. I have been gaming for 30 years, beta testing for almost as long, and took game design as one of my specialties in CS. Again you have no clue what you speak of. Game developers again cannot account for every way we can think of to use a character. There is no kissing up, there is just knowledge in this.
    Lormif said:

Skkc said:

Lormif said:

Skkc said:

Lormif said:

Skkc said:

Stop sucking up to them GW 2.0. Once again a thorough testing wasn’t needed. Her heal is part of her kit. This is not a unique match up. Just a basic test can reveal. But some people will suck to them no matter what. Probably fake accounts by kabam
    what "matchup" are we talking about? No one mentioned any specific matchup. How is it going to respond to + healing nodes, or masteries, reversals. I have been gaming for 30 years, beta testing for almost as long, and took game design as one of my specialties in CS. Again you have no clue what you speak of. Game developers again cannot account for every way we can think of to use a character. There is no kissing up, there is just knowledge in this.
    Sure you are a game designer and an expert. Good one!!

I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit, I never stated nor claimed to be one. I stated I took game design as one of my specialties, not that I eventually became one, or I would have stated " I am a game designer who has worked on x tittles"
    Skkc said:

Videos are up for the champ almost right away. No reason to wait four months to take action. There is no way that can be justified. They need to let content creators make videos for each champ. This way they can adjust minor stuff before the arena and crystals are out.

So they come out and say "all is great" then in 3 months they see a NEW video of ANOTHER interaction that was not planned for in which she is unkillable because of the regen. What have they done? they have put themselves in a bad situation, because now the players will be up in arms "but you said!!!"
    Lormif said:

Skkc said:

So they come out and say "all is great" then in 3 months they see a NEW video of ANOTHER interaction that was not planned for in which she is unkillable because of the regen. What have they done? they have put themselves in a bad situation, because now the players will be up in arms "but you said!!!"
    Once again, stop replying before understanding what's being said here. its one thing ti correct something due to one little interaction and it's another thing changing a champ's core ability impacting almost every match.
    Skkc said:

Lormif said:

Skkc said:

Once again, stop replying before understanding what's being said here. its one thing ti correct something due to one little interaction and it's another thing changing a champ's core ability impacting almost every match.
    I understand perfectly what is being said. You provide a distinction without a difference. For one thing you dont know if said interaction can be changed without the core ability being changed (it almost never can be) In addition it would not matter, any change perceived to be negative will result in the same vitriol being spread on the forums.
This discussion has been closed.