**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Question to Ronin’s users

ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
1. Is he good at AQ / AW attack?
2. How would you compare him against other skill class champs (e.g. well below Blade/Aegon? one of top 5 skill champs?)
3. Does he need dupe or high sig to be good?

I watched seatin’s video and know his thoughts already.

Thanks for insight and sharing.

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He’s alright for aq and aw but not a top option, he’s good for things like a flat bleed node since you can quickly purify it, I’m not the biggest fan of him for war mostly because when I use him I like to try and intercept to build the cruelty but it’s too risky for aw, I’d say he’s a solid skill champ but definitely not the best, I’d put him just below night thrasher, he doesn’t need his dupe.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    He's solid but
    Risky to use in aw
    He's a fun champ in questing tho where stakes aren't too high
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

He’s alright for aq and aw but not a top option, he’s good for things like a flat bleed node since you can quickly purify it, I’m not the biggest fan of him for war mostly because when I use him I like to try and intercept to build the cruelty but it’s too risky for aw, I’d say he’s a solid skill champ but definitely not the best, I’d put him just below night thrasher, he doesn’t need his dupe.

Truly appreciate your comments. Thanks!
  • CiqMCOCCiqMCOC Posts: 63
    I’ve made a bunch of vids on ronin. He is very good and really doesn’t get enough attention from the community. My channel is Ciq if you want to check them out
    CiqMCOC said:

I’ve made a bunch of vids on ronin. He is very good and really doesn’t get enough attention from the community. My channel is Ciq if you want to check them out

Yeah I just watched two of your vids after seeing your post and thanks for that.

Your demo fight with WS shows that basically you are building cruelty stacks up to 7 and then launch SP. Is that correct?

Your roster is deep indeed. So when would you use him and your ranking on him against other skill champs? Thanks!

I think he's awesome. Wonderfully smooth animations paired with an action packed playstyle. Love it.

I don't see me using him in aw, since his playstyle kind of makes you want to play really risky (I probably intercepted more often in the last few days testing out ronin than I did playing the game before that lol).

I'll definitely try him out in all kinds of content to come, though.

I'd say he's definitely below blade, aegon and nick, possibly on par with night trasher, though I think ronin is a little bit better. So definitely in the top 5 of skill champs for me.

On a side node, in the hands of an intercept god and with his dupe ronin could actually be really viable for aw.

I'm really intrigued by his sig and I'm hoping for a skill ag from the calendar. To clarify this, because at first sight his sig seemed really weird and kinda bad to me, what his sig does is giving you a failsafe as long as you're at 7 cruelty passives (which you will have most of the time anyways).
    The evade from his sig only triggers when you would actually get hit, so it can either be a failsafe for a really agressive intercept playstyle OR it can be actively used to evade hard to dex specials.

I'm on the edge, but I'd dare to say that his sig is one of the best evade mechanics currently in the game.
    Thanks for insightful comment!
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    Risky in AW but solid in AQ. Extremely fun to play and useful for questing.
    Very good champ.
  • Despite being a bleed heavy champion he carries himself well against bleed immune champs as well. You don’t need to worry about rotating stances to get cruelty stacks - ‘failed’ bleeds give you a cruelty so you end up with the max (7, not 6) pretty quickly.
    My rotation with him is MLL-dash-MLLL-dash-MLL and so on - this is the most efficient way to get him at max cruelty stacks for the best damage output.

Changing into perfect block will purify 1 debuff which is quite nice, so he’s a good Void counter without having to worry about your combo meter.

His Awakened Ability is an evade that gives you a fury per hit received in a timeframe ( max 1.5s depending on sig level) worry around 15-20% of base attack. The way it works is more like the Nick Fury/Antman synergy rather than Domino’s evade which consistently kills you.

He could do with better damage though, it’s pretty lack lustre.

On the whole he’s probably a 7/10, in the top ½ of skill champions though that’s not really a massive achievement.

He also looks amazing.
    Mauled said:

Despite being a bleed heavy champion he carries himself well against bleed immune champs as well. You don’t need to worry about rotating stances to get cruelty stacks - ‘failed’ bleeds give you a cruelty so you end up with the max (7, not 6) pretty quickly.
    My rotation with him is MLL-dash-MLLL-dash-MLL and so on - this is the most efficient way to get him at max cruelty stacks for the best damage output.

Changing into perfect block will purify 1 debuff which is quite nice, so he’s a good Void counter without having to worry about your combo meter.

His Awakened Ability is an evade that gives you a fury per hit received in a timeframe ( max 1.5s depending on sig level) worry around 15-20% of base attack. The way it works is more like the Nick Fury/Antman synergy rather than Domino’s evade which consistently kills you.

He could do with better damage though, it’s pretty lack lustre.

On the whole he’s probably a 7/10, in the top ½ of skill champions though that’s not really a massive achievement.

He also looks amazing.

I can see from your profile pic that you are a ronin lover...lol
    Thanks for your sharing!
    https://youtu.be/ZCRN7jExM5k

Just found a good tutorial vids on Ronin, present the tricks of how to use Ronin effectively