**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ronin and Ebony Maw Buff / Balance Changes?

SeatinSeatin Posts: 52 ★★★
Hey Kabam

Coming from your Human Torch & Annihilus Buff post you state that:

"- 3 months after a Champion is released we’ll have reviewed and analyzed their data.
- If it needs a small balance, up or down, we will notify the player base before it enters into the Basic Crystal Pool of Champions.
- Approximately 3 months later any changes made will have been tested and then released to the Community."

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/153017/more-consistent-balance-changes-coming-your-way#latest

Ronin has just entered the basic crystal pool and Ebony Maw will be entering shortly.

I don't think there's much doubt in anyone's mind that Ebony Maw is in need of a rework in terms of the numbers. I think Ronin is overall a decent character, but it's quite obvious he's far behind the ranks of Nick Fury, Aegon & Blade as his utility is a fair bit lacking.

Will Ebony Maw & Ronin 'balance changes' be announced soon?

Cheers

Comments

• Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Aleor said:

I pulled ronin from basic like 2-3 days ago, and so far he looks meh. Honestly, I'd prefer maw

LOL .. prefer Maw for what? Beating up 3-4 stars?!?!
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Totally agree. Both need a rework much more than HT does.
  • SeatinSeatin Posts: 52 ★★★

Yes, Ronin isnt on top tier skill classes level, such as blade or Fury, but hes still pretty darn good. I feel like the problem is that everyone wants every new champ to be "god tier' or above. They dont. Ronin is still pretty solid, and if you pull him, it's better than 70% of what you could have pulled.
    Maw on the other hand, is terrible lol. Certainly needs rework

Oh I absolutely agree that he's definitely above average. Also he's just really fun to play with, which in itself makes him a god tier on my own little tier list lol.

However if they're going to revisit him, then there certainly is room for improvement. Not to make him good (as he definitely already is more than just good) or god tier (as in directly comparable to nick, blade or aegon), but rather to make him a little bit better at what he was seemingly designed for.
    I find Ronin super fun to play, but his utility is definitely lacking. It would be nice if his dash back stance change removed all debuffs and provided debuff immunity for a few seconds. Would love to see his damage get juiced up a bit more as well!

I agree with others in this thread tho, if Human Torch has been identified to get buffed Ronin should definitely be on the list as well. I like him, but there's no doubt he's just a bit lacking overall and could use a bit of a boost.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Seatin said:

Hey Kabam

Coming from your Human Torch & Annihilus Buff post you state that:

"- 3 months after a Champion is released we’ll have reviewed and analyzed their data.
    - If it needs a small balance, up or down, we will notify the player base before it enters into the Basic Crystal Pool of Champions.
    - Approximately 3 months later any changes made will have been tested and then released to the Community."

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/153017/more-consistent-balance-changes-coming-your-way#latest

Ronin has just entered the basic crystal pool and Ebony Maw will be entering shortly.

I don't think there's much doubt in anyone's mind that Ebony Maw is in need of a rework in terms of the numbers. I think Ronin is overall a decent character, but it's quite obvious he's far behind the ranks of Nick Fury, Aegon & Blade as his utility is a fair bit lacking.

Will Ebony Maw & Ronin 'balance changes' be announced soon?

Cheers

They said starting in October they would start this program. Seeing as maw and ronin are either in the basic or soon to be. They miss this program.

So what you are asking of them is to go back buff these two champs instead of some 2015/2016 champs that actually need it more so. 🤦‍♂️.

While we are asking kabam for everything why not just buff all the champs that need them now instead of waiting for their own timeline. Seems reasonable.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    To be more specific, I couldn't answer the aspects they're looking at. They may be the same as the data aspects for the current buffs. They may be other aspects
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    The 3-month rebalances are more like minor tweaks to fill in any underperforming areas. I assume it is also proactive in making larger reworks less intensive if needed at all later on.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★

I have a 5 star rank 3 ronin and a 6 star diablo, would love if they are buffed. Human torch is much better than ronin is and science is already a super stacked up roster so I dont understand why would you buff human torch and not ronin.

i also got 6* Diablo and men he has absolutely nthing going for him, no damage, no utility,No synergies