**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I'm thinking about taking my 5* Killmonger to R5... Kabam help please

Killmonger is not new to the contest by any means (released Feb. 2018), his abilities are well known by now. From the champ spotlight (https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-killmonger/):

"All Attacks: Hitting opponents that are recovering from a Special Attack grants Killmonger True Strike for 16 seconds. This allows him to ignore Armor, Resistances, and Evasion." "Special 2: Vibranium Armor activates 3 Indestructible Charges. A charge is spent to ignore all the incoming damage from an attack." "Special 3: If Killmonger inflicted 15 or more Bleed Debuffs in his fight, he inflicts a Bleed stack for every Bleed he inflicted. Each Bleed deals 746 Direct Damage over 6 seconds. This effect can activate once a fight."

Those abilities plus his synergies with Winter Solider and Void are why I'd like to take him to rank 5.
Can you please have the developers confirm that Killmonger is working as intended? This way I can confidently rank up my Killmonger without worrying that you do not like the way he interacts with future content and either change his abilities and/or descriptions.

Comments

• Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    Go with him i have him as 4* maxed out ,i also used him with void and winter solider
    He is great with synergy and i also explored this month master quest with this synergy
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    JSourp said:

Killmonger is not new to the contest by any means (released Feb. 2018), his abilities are well known by now. From the champ spotlight (https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-killmonger/):

"All Attacks: Hitting opponents that are recovering from a Special Attack grants Killmonger True Strike for 16 seconds. This allows him to ignore Armor, Resistances, and Evasion." "Special 2: Vibranium Armor activates 3 Indestructible Charges. A charge is spent to ignore all the incoming damage from an attack." "Special 3: If Killmonger inflicted 15 or more Bleed Debuffs in his fight, he inflicts a Bleed stack for every Bleed he inflicted. Each Bleed deals 746 Direct Damage over 6 seconds. This effect can activate once a fight."

Those abilities plus his synergies with Winter Solider and Void are why I'd like to take him to rank 5.
    Can you please have the developers confirm that Killmonger is working as intended? This way I can confidently rank up my Killmonger without worrying that you do not like the way he interacts with future content and either change his abilities and/or descriptions.

Yawn
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Go for it. Even if they do, the things he will do for you between now and then will be well worth it
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Overreaction is the hallmark of social media.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I’d say he isn’t completely safe since I’ve discovered a few things you can do with his counterpunch charges that I haven’t seen anyone do before, and while they don’t necessarily take the champ to ghost level they do provide a pretty solid boost to his gameplay, especially with ws, I won’t say what they are since kabam will likley say it’s bugged even though there’s nothing that seems unintended to me
    Lvernon15 said:

I’d say he isn’t completely safe since I’ve discovered a few things you can do with his counterpunch charges that I haven’t seen anyone do before, and while they don’t necessarily take the champ to ghost level they do provide a pretty solid boost to his gameplay, especially with ws, I won’t say what they are since kabam will likley say it’s bugged even though there’s nothing that seems unintended to me

Pics or it didn’t happen.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    CFree said:

Lvernon15 said:

Pics might defeat the purpose of not saying what it is...

CFree said:

Lvernon15 said:

Pics might defeat the purpose of not saying what it is...
    Good point. Well, along those lines, I’ve unlocked his secret regen and power burn abilities, but I’m not going to tell you how to do it so they don’t fix the bug.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Bahaha not gonna lie, this made me laugh. And I mean that in no offence to the OP, it's just funny that posts like this have to come around because of kabams tendencies.

I've got killmonger at r5 and have to say, he is well worth it. I can't speak on if he will eventually see a nerf, but I don't think so. I've had him at r5 for just over a year and I've noticed no mechanics that will make kabam alter his abilities/function. He was bugged at one time where his indestructible charges let him ignore DoT effects, both passive (like dorms degen) and active (like a Bleed from blade) but of course they patched it within a couple days. I say he's safe.
  • Jestress said:

JSourp said:

I don't know why people are disagreeing with his post. This is the level of confidence we're left with after all the "bug fixes" Kabam puts forth. I think what he's doing is smart.
    What he's doing is pointless. Lost in all the discussion regarding She Hulk and how combos work is the straight up fact that online games like this can and will change over time, and by in large game balance eventually dictates certain things and certain interactions change. The game developers both cannot and will not make promises about how anything will change in the future. If you need a promise that something won't change or you won't rank them up, then you might as well quit the game now because you aren't going to get that promise, ever.

Sometimes things change in ways that are exceptional even within that context, and game developers have to be flexible in dealing with those situations when they come up. The She Hulk changes were one such situation. But that's a nuanced position that doesn't lend itself to sound-bite encapsulation. Sometimes changes are part of the natural game evolution, and sometimes they go beyond that, and anyone demanding absolute consistency here is also asking for something they will never get.

You have to play the game with imperfect information about the future. Or not at all. You aren't going to get a third option. There's a lot we can and should be doing about better defining the boundaries of what's reasonable and what's extraordinary game changes, but in an atmosphere where most people are demanding impossible things that conversation isn't going to happen.

So no, not smart. It doesn't hurt Kabam at all to ask for silly things. It only hurts the players as a whole.
  • Kuzuri_1832Kuzuri_1832 Posts: 203

Overreaction is the hallmark of social media.

Not noticing satire is the hallmark of social media
    This guy gets it.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Seemed pretty obvious honestly...

🐻
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    JSourp said:

I'm pretty sure they would have done it by now. No need to worry just rank up and enjoy :-)
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

JSourp said:

I'm pretty sure they would have done it by now. No need to worry just rank up and enjoy :-)
    https://media0.giphy.com/media/R3dGOJ6DAiIes/giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897c2cf7e29d070231b0bf8011e184368b74f7cbcf5&rid=giphy.gif
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Pretty sure they would have done it by now?!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 right cause all those unintended bug/nerf fixes happens so quickly after champions releases 😂😂😂😂. 4+ years later is apparently still a window for “we never knew they could do that” excuses for making changes to boost spending.

🐻
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★

JSourp said:

Are you sure about that
  • Jestress said:

DNA3000 said:

Jestress said:

JSourp said:

I don't know why people are disagreeing with his post. This is the level of confidence we're left with after all the "bug fixes" Kabam puts forth. I think what he's doing is smart.
    What he's doing is pointless. Lost in all the discussion regarding She Hulk and how combos work is the straight up fact that online games like this can and will change over time, and by in large game balance eventually dictates certain things and certain interactions change. The game developers both cannot and will not make promises about how anything will change in the future. If you need a promise that something won't change or you won't rank them up, then you might as well quit the game now because you aren't going to get that promise, ever.

Sometimes things change in ways that are exceptional even within that context, and game developers have to be flexible in dealing with those situations when they come up. The She Hulk changes were one such situation. But that's a nuanced position that doesn't lend itself to sound-bite encapsulation. Sometimes changes are part of the natural game evolution, and sometimes they go beyond that, and anyone demanding absolute consistency here is also asking for something they will never get.

You have to play the game with imperfect information about the future. Or not at all. You aren't going to get a third option. There's a lot we can and should be doing about better defining the boundaries of what's reasonable and what's extraordinary game changes, but in an atmosphere where most people are demanding impossible things that conversation isn't going to happen.

So no, not smart. It doesn't hurt Kabam at all to ask for silly things. It only hurts the players as a whole.
    Thanks for your opinion. Doesn’t matter much to me that you disagree. Not everyone sees things your way, and your opinion doesn’t make you right.
    Ironic, coming from someone who started a post with "I don't know why people are disagreeing with his post." Maybe the reason why people disagree and you don't understand why is because not everyone sees things your way and your opinion doesn't make you right.