**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How to fight Vision (Aarkus)?

EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
edited September 2019 in Strategy and Tips
If I completely explore Master, I'll have a 5 star. I'm really impatient and want to do it as soon as possible. I did last month with ease, and I should be fine on the last quest for this one, but that Vision drove me crazy enough on the easiest path for initial completion. I even had to use a couple revives. The only coldsnap or armor break immune that I have as a 4 star is Thing, he's only at Rank 3 and while I could R4 him, I also need the resources to R5 my Venom. I don't have a nullify champ either unless you count Thing's nullify on some specials or a Rank 3 Juggernaut. I tried just using a 3 or 4 hit combo and backing off so coldsnap doesn't set, but I keep getting backdraft intercepted. I've tried backing off even more, but then he comes at me and while I can intercept, I keep getting pushed back farther and farther back against the wall and get affected by coldsnap anyways. These are my top champs:

Do I have any viable counters that I'm glancing over? If only Kabam fixed the darn backdraft intercept bug or gave Vision the #Dimenional Being tag with he rightfully needs, I could use my Blade and I wouldn't have a problem. Sadly, that's not the case and I need help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S, sorry for such a long post. Kind of ranty/needy. Thanks ahead of time!

Comments

• Xyresic_LemonXyresic_Lemon Posts: 125
    Venom has a sort of nullify on his special one I believe, but I don't really have him myself. Can someone else confirm this as a potential strategy for this fight?
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Venom has a sort of nullify on his special one I believe, but I don't really have him myself. Can someone else confirm this as a potential strategy for this fight?

Yeah, it's RNG dependent, but he does. Thanks for the tip though. That very well may be my best bet.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Morningstar with 5 souls rips through him easy I used her on uncollected Aarkus
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    Thing should work since he’s armor break immune

Morningstar with 5 souls rips through him easy I used her on uncollected Aarkus

Don't have Morningstar.
    @SquishyjrThe_4TH
    @Nojokejaym
    You think an unduped Rank 3 Thing is powerful enough?
  • XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Posts: 245 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    Use coldsnap/frostbite immune characters like Corvus... Crits and immunity are the key... I completed UC with my r3 4* corvus

Use coldsnap/frostbite immune characters like Corvus... Crits and immunity are the key

Etjama said:

The only coldsnap or armor break immune that I have as a 4 star is Thing, he's only at Rank 3 and while I could R4 him, I also need the resources to R5 my Venom.

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    I nearly one shot him on UC with sparky even. Hes really not that bad. You only gain armor break charges when your close to him and his coldsnap isnt that strong. If your baiting special 1 alot then your gonna typically stay far enough away that you wont have to worry too much about either of those things
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    Thing, Sabretooth are great counters, but by far the best is SymSupreme. Get rid of that starting Power Gain, stagger away the other ones, and he can never Armor Break or Coldsnap you.

Thing, Sabretooth are great counters, but by far the best is SymSupreme. Get rid of that starting Power Gain, stagger away the other ones, and he can never Armor Break or Coldsnap you.

Only have Thing as a 4 star at Rank 3.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    With a stick. While he slept. But in the battle realm, with those nodes? that man is unbeatable.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★
    You fight him with ur champions
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    Taskmaster could be a solid choice since he will become debuff immune real quick
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Human torch with flame on. He’s been very useful the past couple of months

Human torch with flame on. He’s been very useful the past couple of months

Don't got him either
    Rotelly said:

Taskmaster could be a solid choice since he will become debuff immune real quick

That would be a good choice. Again, my problem's that he's only at Rank 3.
    I might just try a run with Thing. Should be simple if I can bait specials, will just take a while.
    edited September 2019
    I recommend using a nullify champ to stop the power gain I used venom or you can also used quake
    edited September 2019
    Zuro said:

I recommend using a nullify champ to stop the power gain I used venom or you can also used quake

Oh yeah, Quakes concussion reduces ability accuracy by 100%, doesn't it? I always seem to forget that! Thanks! I was thinking that the coldsnap would shred me since her play style involves staying so close. (I'm a semi-new Quake player, so I tend to forget these things. But I've got her play style down pretty well.)
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    Anyone tried Proxima? Want to know how good she is for this fight...
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    If you have Thing or Corvus, use them

If not, do 4 hit combos and dash back. If you get an armour break, wait it out.
    Etjama said:

Zuro said:

Oh yeah, Quakes concussion reduces ability accuracy by 100%, doesn't it? I always seem to forget that! Thanks! I was thinking that the coldsnap would shred me since her play style involves staying so close. (I'm a semi-new Quake player, so I tend to forget these things. But I've got her play style down pretty well.)
    Yeah it shuts down most of his mechanics but you need to watch out for his power gain
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    Looking at your champs:
    Thing is armour break immune, which means he won't get coldsnap either. You could partner him with Champion for a short-term cheat death ability and the opportunity to inflict massive damage of you've saved for an SP3.

Corvus is coldsnap immune.

As an option you may not have considered, Taskmaster will rapidly become immune to all debuffs in this fight. Dash in and out to pick up armour breaks, and you're golden.

Rogue can copy his first Power Gain effect; and should prevent him gaining another, whilst she retains the buff. She should also shrug off the armour break pretty fast when she dashes back. Her power drain won't work, though.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I use Mephisto but I guess that doesn't solve your problem...

Have you tried Willpower mastery? You can recover the health you lost.

You could give Domino a try, with unlucky AAR.

Too bad your CAIW is unawakened, with a skill champion in your team he can shrugg off debuffs for charges. He's my second choice. Or do you've a gem lying around?

Besides that, there is only Venom. His om nom should take away the buffs and recover health.

I do see your champions' PI is low. My 4* Blade is like 6.2k. What is your mastery set-up?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    ^
    Used Mephisto myself.

Looking at your champs:
    Thing is armour break immune, which means he won't get coldsnap either. You could partner him with Champion for a short-term cheat death ability and the opportunity to inflict massive damage of you've saved for an SP3.

Corvus is coldsnap immune.

As an option you may not have considered, Taskmaster will rapidly become immune to all debuffs in this fight. Dash in and out to pick up armour breaks, and you're golden.

Rogue can copy his first Power Gain effect; and should prevent him gaining another, whilst she retains the buff. She should also shrug off the armour break pretty fast when she dashes back. Her power drain won't work, though.

All of the ones you mentioned are only at R3 with the exception of Corvus who I don't have. And I don't have Mephisto either @Colonaut123. I think Quake was definitely my solution. Between her and Venom, I was able to take him down on the hardest path.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    Does the coldsnap ruin quakes evade?