**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

When to buy the Summoner's sigil?

HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★
I'm just wondering what date is best to buy the Summoner's sigil to get the maximum benefits? I heard if you buy it at a certain date you can get 1 more 5* crystal in the iso store.

Comments

• RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    edited September 2019
    idk how that's possible, the timers in store are all based off when you bought them.
    So if it expires the timer runs out, just buy it again then?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    DRTO said:

Buy it on the third Tuesday when the planets are aligned and its exactly 56 degrees outside. Also make sure you've eaten 5 hamburgers that day and are wearing both a long sleeves and short sleeved t-shirt. Call your mom 3 minutes before you buy it and then as soon as you click purchase sing bohemian rhapsody 10 times. Then you will receive the maximum benefits.

I believe the exact temperature is 56.4
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    Hmmmm....

🐻
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Buy it later in the week when you can overlap benifits
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    I have it and personally I think it's worth it if u look at everything u get. 4k 5* shard each month from solo event (reset weekly).
    Save 4k 5* shard if u ever choose to get featured 5* crystal. Get to trade 4* shards for 5*.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    buy a month of Spotify premium instead
  • Hzori said:

I'm just wondering what date is best to buy the Summoner's sigil to get the maximum benefits? I heard if you buy it at a certain date you can get 1 more 5* crystal in the iso store.

Well, not exactly. I'm assuming you aren't trying to renew the Sigil constantly: if you are intending to do that, you might as well start whenever. But let's say you are a) only really interested in the Black ISO market items that refresh every fourteen days and b) willing to stagger your Sigil purchases. In that case, if you want to maximize the number of items you can buy that have 14 day cycles, what you do is find out when the next refresh day is, let's call that day one. You buy the Sigil on day 1 which gives you thirty days. On day fifteen the market will refresh and you will be able to buy those items again. On day 29 the market will refresh again and you will be able to buy those items yet again. On day 31 your Sigil will expire. Now you wait. On day 43 the market will refresh again. On day 57 the market will refresh again. So on day 56 you buy the Sigil. That will allow you to buy the items that refreshed on day 43. Then the next day on day 57 the market will refresh and you'll be able to buy them again. Your new Sigil will last until day 86 and expire on day 87. So you can buy the items that refresh on day 71, and then 85.

At this point you've paid for the Sigil twice, and gotten the opportunity to buy those 14-day cycle items from the Black ISO Market seven times. Over long periods of time you're going to average about three market cycles for every 30 day purchase. Buying continuously will average you closer to two market cycles for every 30 day purchase (~2.14). You lose access to other benefits (like the Test events) during the downtime, so this only makes sense if you don't care about those rewards and primarily care about the 14 day Black ISO items.
  • HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Hzori said:

Well, not exactly. I'm assuming you aren't trying to renew the Sigil constantly: if you are intending to do that, you might as well start whenever. But let's say you are a) only really interested in the Black ISO market items that refresh every fourteen days and b) willing to stagger your Sigil purchases. In that case, if you want to maximize the number of items you can buy that have 14 day cycles, what you do is find out when the next refresh day is, let's call that day one. You buy the Sigil on day 1 which gives you thirty days. On day fifteen the market will refresh and you will be able to buy those items again. On day 29 the market will refresh again and you will be able to buy those items yet again. On day 31 your Sigil will expire. Now you wait. On day 43 the market will refresh again. On day 57 the market will refresh again. So on day 56 you buy the Sigil. That will allow you to buy the items that refreshed on day 43. Then the next day on day 57 the market will refresh and you'll be able to buy them again. Your new Sigil will last until day 86 and expire on day 87. So you can buy the items that refresh on day 71, and then 85.

At this point you've paid for the Sigil twice, and gotten the opportunity to buy those 14-day cycle items from the Black ISO Market seven times. Over long periods of time you're going to average about three market cycles for every 30 day purchase. Buying continuously will average you closer to two market cycles for every 30 day purchase (~2.14). You lose access to other benefits (like the Test events) during the downtime, so this only makes sense if you don't care about those rewards and primarily care about the 14 day Black ISO items.

I see, I’m only planning to buy it once so I guess I’ll just buy it whenever. Thanks for the information though, appreciate it.
  • HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★
    DRTO said:

Buy it on the third Tuesday when the planets are aligned and its exactly 56 degrees outside. Also make sure you've eaten 5 hamburgers that day and are wearing both a long sleeves and short sleeved t-shirt. Call your mom 3 minutes before you buy it and then as soon as you click purchase sing bohemian rhapsody 10 times. Then you will receive the maximum benefits.

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much man!
  • CommonSenseCommonSense Posts: 54

Hzori said:

Wait on @GroundedWisdom to give you advice and tell you what to do, he knows best 😬
    I was just goofing with the grounded wisdom thing, dang....seems like I hit a soft spot 😂
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I got the joke. Lol.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I posted something to this effect earlier and it mysteriously disappeared.

I’ve spent a lot of money on this game. I would recommend you not purchase anything right now. There is no guarantee that what you spend your money on is what you will end up with.
  • I posted something to this effect earlier and it mysteriously disappeared.

I’ve spent a lot of money on this game. I would recommend you not purchase anything right now. There is no guarantee that what you spend your money on is what you will end up with.

If you like the game you're playing, if you want to support the game you're playing, and most importantly if you understand that you're spending money to enhance your game play experience and not "buying" something you have any "ownership rights" to, then you should spend if you want to.

If any of these things is not true, you should not spend on this game or any other online game. The online gaming world is not going to bent to your beliefs: they all present the same fundamental choice: to spend on something you don't own and one day will go away. If you don't understand that choice, don't spend. If you do understand that choice and you're willing to spend, then you should feel free to spend without being accountable to anyone else's beliefs about what you should spend on.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Never
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I posted something to this effect earlier and it mysteriously disappeared.

If you like the game you're playing, if you want to support the game you're playing, and most importantly if you understand that you're spending money to enhance your game play experience and not "buying" something you have any "ownership rights" to, then you should spend if you want to.

If any of these things is not true, you should not spend on this game or any other online game. The online gaming world is not going to bent to your beliefs: they all present the same fundamental choice: to spend on something you don't own and one day will go away. If you don't understand that choice, don't spend. If you do understand that choice and you're willing to spend, then you should feel free to spend without being accountable to anyone else's beliefs about what you should spend on.
    The options to choose from now tend to shift mid choice with very little to give away there position. I’ve never been under the impression that I “owned” anything I purchase in game. Merely that my purchases were of something I held some confidence in. Something that indeed brought me joy, and enhanced my love for the game.

I understand what I’m paying for, sir
  • Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    DRTO said:

Don’t forget to make sure it’s s full moon outside too
  • The most sought after items in the Black ISO (Sigil) store refresh on a 14-day clock, like the 11k featured 5*. The Sigil lasts 30 days so it’s possible to get four cycles in that time by activating less than 24 hours before next 14-day cycle, getting in 1st cycle, then two regular 14-day cycles, then a 4th cycle in the final 24 hours of the 30-day period. It helps to have a stock of trade-in items to capitalize on all the Black ISO items but I’ve personally done it and got 16K in 5* shards from it, along with 4 featured 5* stars crystals. Of course that won’t save you from pulling Storm and Hulkbuster but it’s still better odds for 11k instead of 15K